Stat Clamp

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by YoutubeONPY, Apr 11, 2023.

1. Proxystar #Perception

I wanted to give you something to fuel your dreams because we all deserve hope.
    • Like x 3
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I'm generally for the clamp. But if there's one positive about removing it, it's that it would drastically reduce the demand for speed hacking which naturally would reduce the supply. After all, we would all be our own speed hacker with the ability to KO most of the games raid bosses in 5-30 seconds. All we'd need then is walk-in portals for all the raids with option to choose difficulty level. From that point, soloing elite plus raids in under 5 minutes is just a matter of playing the waiting game... :rolleyes: o_O
    • Like x 4
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It's because its bonus stabilizer week. Everybody is running the stabilizer and getting reminded how much more fun gameplay is when you kill everything in a couple seconds. /sarcasm

Of course, then Gadgets clipping really would need to be removed since gadgets can clip casting Krypto and a ST turret faster than the other powers. Bosses would already be dead before non-gadgets DPS's can even get a single tick of damage on the board!
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Unless you pulled the Flash Museum map and had to deal with all the freaking interrupts from the NPCs there. :mad:
  5. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

The obvious problem with the stat clamp is that full Elite, CR396, 200 arts players often get out-DPSed by toons with half their CR and 120 arts. It's understandable, that they prefer to stay in EG, where a few points of CR make enough of a stat difference, that they don't have to face the fact, that they're not that good at the game.
    • Like x 4
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Well, blocking would no longer be a thing so I guess the R1 button's gotta be used for something. There's always the breakout trinket too.
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you pour fuel on it. fire is generally what follows :D
    • Like x 1
  8. GermanM Committed Player

God, not another thread of this... please.
    Besides is not gonna happen. why? Because if they removethe clamp we will become all mighty and that will reduce the utility to artifacts in old content. And they will sell less. Simple.
    Besides the power creep will raise even more.
    • Like x 1
  9. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Really? If you move over to where they spawn and do an AoE attack as soon as they spawn, they never get a chance to interrupt. Actually, I never got much of a chance to do anything there, because the other player was wiping the enemies out before I could get to them (I'm guessing they already knew where the spawn points were and just went directly to them).

I'm not complaining, though. I was impressed that the other player was getting through the enemies as soon as they spawned.
  10. colonelbondo Well-Known Player

i've always hated stat clamping. i loved doing the old duos and burning through them. when we got the original "t4" stuff (now it's CR88) we got 1500 marks for a raid and i could get a ton of style feats and victory mark feats. those will take an eternity for new players now. but without stat clamping, some players say the game is TOO EZ. the old game is but not the new game. i think a good compromise would be to increase the stat RANGE that is clamped. now it's 15 levels above the monster max of the content. i think increasing that to 25 or 30 would be great so instead of being clamped at 337 in FP gotham, i would be clamped at 352 and it would be easier but not super easier
    • Like x 3
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Did someone say Stat Clamp….?

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  12. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I never really minded the clamp. But you also won’t catch me in omnibus without a decent group of friends running with me. And there is really only one person I run with that wants to do that stuff. As soon as we finish end game and someone mentions Omnibus the chat log fills up with “so and so logged out” lol
    • Like x 1
  13. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I know you’re joking, but a difficulty option would be great. But people on both sides would just complain about the rewards
    • Like x 1
  14. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

That's just your perception. ;)
  15. Trexlight Devoted Player

This anime lol I keep forgetting the name of it but the reaction gifs and memes from it are stellar!
    • Like x 2
  16. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Saga of Tanya the Evil or in Japanese YoJo Senki which translates roughly to Little Girl War Stories. It’s one of my favorite animes.
    Tanya von Degurevchaff
    • Like x 2
  17. SuperEpik Well-Known Player

Oh I've heard of that anime before. It's not to my tastes sadly.
    • Like x 1
  18. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I paid for my stats and I wanna use them stats!!!!!!!!

So anyway…I bought a mustang and the dealership said it is very powerful and can take a beating. When I drive to work and back it is excellent. But when I drive through old neighborhoods, my car displays a message that is unfamiliar to me. It says my ‘stang has the McClampers and can’t perform as well. Apparently, all the people outside the vehicle said I was rolling through with a horse and a wooden carriage. Very strange indeed. I remember buying a mustang and not a slow horse. I go back to the dealership and asked them what’s up. They said that going through old parts of town automatically reverts your car’s performance relative to the age of town.

That’s very messed up.
    • Like x 1
  19. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

That sounds like a sweet ride, bro. That's way fancier than a regular old mustang. Seriously impressive technology involved there.
    • Like x 1
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Our beloved one and only
    • Like x 1