Test Discussion Emotes Wheel and Style Menu

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Red Five, Apr 4, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Five Developer

Howdy Emote Fans,

We have added a whole new way to use your emotes and unlocked access to all personality and gender emotes to everyone!

Find the new Emotes tab on your Style Menu where you can equip up to 8 emotes as your favorites. Then you can hold Left CTRL or down on the D-Pad to open the new Emote Wheel to use your favorited emotes.

Visit Plastic Man in the House of Legends to purchase emotes from other personalities for Source Marks. Changing your personality with a Respec Token will also permanently unlock all of that personality's emotes.

Please share your feedback and any bugs you find in this thread. Thanks!
    • Like x 8
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I am going to do so many marcia brady dances on my flirty toons.
    • Like x 1
  3. ROOTE Well-Known Player

This is not a complaint because I really enjoyed it there, but this sounds like a complete lift of Warframe's emote system down to the wheel. Looking forward to checking this out.
    • Like x 1
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

If anyone needs a preview
    • Like x 3
  5. TabulaRasa Level 30

excited about this one
  6. FoolsFire Devoted Player

*throws a beach ball*
    *emote activated*
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

sure jan...
    • Like x 1
  8. Eve YouTuber

Red Five, thank you for making this fun system. I'm looking forward to it hitting live and I hope we will get interesting new emotes down the road. :D
    • Like x 3
  9. ROOTE Well-Known Player

I've now seen it & I like it :D
    • Like x 1
  10. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

New emotes system is great and fun! But could you add emotes from Seasonal Trinkets? Like Proposal and @#$%&ing Bastich. Thx!
    • Like x 3
  11. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

What feat category are those feats for studying those items that are dropping? Can't find them. I assume those are for getting emotes?
    • Like x 1
  12. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

With reworked emote system, now its more tempting for players to spam/use them during gameplay. This will cause chat rows flow in high speed and players wont be able to read whats typed in chat. These casted emotes shows up in the chat as text and these "emote text" rows are linked to "Say" text channel. One problem though, if player wants to block emote text he/she must disable "Say" channel from chat settings but this is not the best practice.

Emotes must have their own checkbox option in chat options
    [IMG]

Or

There can be "Display Emote Text" option which we can turn on and off in UI settings.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. Jcal Dedicated Player

Ummm... 25 Source Marks per emote? Aren't there like 40+ base game emotes?
    • Like x 1
  14. Eve YouTuber

You basically buy emotes from other personalities at this point. But you get your own personality emotes for free (Basically keep them)
    • Like x 2
  15. Jcal Dedicated Player

Gotcha. So all of the emotes are in the vendor even if you already own them. That's what confused me. TY

In that case, there should definitely be a lock of some kind on emotes you already own. I watched Obsidian's video and it shows he can continue buying emotes he already has. I can see a lot of misclicks happening in this vendor since the list will be lengthy.

And the emotes can't be sold or traded, and they aren't account bound either. Perhaps they should be account bound if no lock system will be implemented?
    • Like x 2
  16. Eve YouTuber

I was pretty sure they are account bound so you can give them to your characters, but maybe I am wrong. Maybe @RedFive can help us here
  17. Henoshock Well-Known Player

As Klark mentioned, some way to mitigate emote spam would be nice (I myself am guilty of this).

I would also like to see some sort of organization to the emotes tab, right now they're just all there in one big clump and it's annoying to look through. Folders like they were originally organized in the D-pad emotes menu, or sorted by personality-specific ones, would make them easier to search through.
  18. Wanning Comet Committed Player

Could we please get a wheel like this for armories so that if we have more than 4 builds we can just always switch between them?
    • Like x 1
  19. Hraesvelg Always Right

Looking good. I poked around a bit and didn't see a dedicated thread...should we put emote requests in the styles thread or will there be an official one? I already have a few in mind that are already in game I'd love to see my toon be able to do...
    • Like x 3
  20. Red Five Developer

Yup, these should be Account Bound, and they should be updated in the next build.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.