(Existing Powersets) strengths and weaknesses Rework/Update abilities!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Mar 26, 2023.

1. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Atomic just edges out water in DPS but it's one of the worst powers in the game DPS wise without question and that's been proven multiple times. Even the player base numbers prove it. I'm sure Obsidianchill could make a video on Atomic in comparison to the other powers and it would be a massacre.
  2. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

About what? You not knowing how to use your powerset to DPS? *shrug" You wouldn't be the first and you don't give any indication that you understand game mechanics, builds, or how to test.
  3. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Kanmaru, I’m afraid you are just going to end up getting upset and frustrated on a Friday night, which should be a happy night. I speak from experience, let it go for tonight for your own sake so that you may have a good night and most importantly a good night’s sleep. You can’t sleep good after getting frustrated from dealing with the Forum, I know. Resume your debate tomorrow with a clear mind and a clear perspective. You don’t need the headache tonight.
    • Like x 3
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Same questions I game Kanmaru.

Then actually back up your words and provide the parsers I requested. If you’re so knowledgeable it shouldn’t be hard for you to do so and prove that even thou you are brining out atomics potential it’s still not performing as it should. Prove that you actually know what you’re doing and show your numbers. Why is it so hard for you to provide these very basic numbers?

By your logic every power is terrible compared to nature because nature can have 3 full poisons up and swarm and robot sidekick. Then reset the 3 poisons with 1 power then use voracious plants for the double ticks of dots. So nature has to be the top dps because it has more dots than other powers… except that’s know how rotations works. It’s now how dps works…

Oh no they are being asked for some basic things while also being explained how to give those basics numbers… you want to know why most think atomic is a horrible power? Because most players are just bad with it.
  5. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

You're asking for theirs but where's yours? You're the one that's defending that nothings wrong with it. If anyone should be showing their numbers it should be you if other players supposedly suck with Atomic. You should be the one to set an example to show what it's capable of. I personally don't think you'll be able to prove it though.
    • Like x 2
  6. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

You're right. I'm not going to feed these obvious trolls.
  7. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Oh and I almost forgot. You using nature was a terrible idea because it actually has the best damage potential in the entire game when it's DOT procs with certain add-ons. Powers that have the ability to DOT and do Burst damage will always outperform a power like Atomic where all it has is burst. Their example was also on only the tank powersets for the moment but I see you overlooked that for whatever reason?
  8. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

You're making yourself out to look like a bully who just wants to make everyone else miserable. Like the OP has mentioned, just because it's not wrapped in a present for you or done in rocket science format does not mean their points are not valid. You and that other guy DeitySupreme are the only one's when Atomic is mentioned in this thread, to defend it. Everyone else says it does need work. Why would I take your two opinions over six plus or more other people who feel the opposite? The numbers don't lie and you are also purposely ignoring that too. Obsidianchill literally did a breakdown chart of power popularity and currently active players on said power. You really think that Atomic is okay how it is? LMFAO!! You guys are the only ones in here that look like they don't know what they're talking about. Keep making a joke of yourselves.
  9. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Riiiight. And what was on the bottom of that chart? Was it the powerset that "actually has the best damage potential in the entire game when it's DOT procs with certain add-ons" ? :rolleyes:

I'm not defending Atomic - I don't play it and I don't care. But people who demand the devs spend time reworking it should be able to show their work, rather than rely on what "everybody knows is true" and their subjective opinions...
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So your response to getting asked to provide data to claims being made is to say “no you first”? There is literally someone in this thread who I’ve helped a little with atomic loadouts and rotations. I actually do know how to play atomic. In fact my 3rd toons is atomic and has been for a while. Even with not using meta arts I have absolutely no trouble beating out other dps. Even in tank role I have been out dpsing the randoms in pug runs. I have absolutely no issue using atomic.

Players like yourself and kanmaru for some reason do not want to prove any actual numbers. Why? Why is that such a ludicrous request?

So it’s an obvious troll because I asked you for very basic numbers? You’re the one making claims that atomic needs this massive revamp because you believe atomic is in such a terrible state that the devs have to step in and fix it. Last I checked that’s now how things work. Atomic is in its current state. You believe it needs change and the devs require proof to what you’re saying. I literally gave you a very simple way to provide the devs with that very basic information. Yet you refuse because?
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Numbers don’t lie? SO SHOW NUMBERS… why is this so difficult? OC made a video of usage. NOT of dps values…
    • Like x 1
  12. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Didn't the op literally tell you their damage numbers for each tank power in DPS for 31s on the sparring targets? They even said you can test it out the same way they did and do your own testing. You're purposely ignoring that fact.
  13. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

You're truly ignoring the fact they they have already given you their numbers on the sparing targets for a set duration. Continue to look like you're being oblivious, please.
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

31 isn’t a set parser time…. That’s how I know their numbers aren’t valid. Did they wait for the dots to finish? Did they stop exactly at the 31st second and move away to stop the damage from continue and get the parsers? This is why the devs added actual parser times. To have accurate ways of testing.

There’s a reason why there are all these parser values. You can use 30/60s to test sustained base numbers. You can use 1/10s to test rev up dps. You can literally use a combination of these to test peaks and see when it’s best to sue SCs or orbitals. You can use these to simulate real content situations. 31sec parsers are a terrible form of parsers to present. This is why people don’t use out of combat parsers when they present their dps.

Or.. or… maybe I’m looking for actual numbers..

Here’s the thing. I asked for those specific number for a specific reason. I can already tell that Kanmaru doesn’t use an optional atomic loadout/rotation. And no I do not mean using meta set ups and art swapping. I mean a build that has synergy the compliments the power. So from what I can gather I imagine Kanmarus sustained base dps to be around 175k-185k for AoE and maybe 100k-108k sustained ST dps. Both of which are not really good with todays stats.
  15. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

You really irk me.

Everybody knows that a good night’s sleep helps to clear the mind and restore the body.
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

No offense but you do have the tendency to get offended easily. I have said nothing negative towards Kanmaru. Just asked for actual data to back their claims yet you get offended over that?

Funny thing is that even after you have made negative claims about me I still haven’t refused to ever give you any advice. Like when I literally DMed you to give you a breakdown on allies and how you could use them to benefit the group instead of yourself since that’s the play style you like. But whatever I guess.
  17. MikeB Level 30

Yeah bro, maybe the most stupid comment i have seen on the forums in a long time.
  18. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

And all I recommended was dropping it for tonight and getting a good nights sleep before resuming her debate tomorrow. But for some reason you needed to lash out at me knowing that I too am an Atomic dps.

Yes you have given me excellent advice on allies and I have both appreciated and acted upon it. I believe I have expressed my gratitude to you for your sage advice at the time.
  19. MikeB Level 30

No one listens to you because you come across as some kind of expert but youre actually mediocre. Thats probably why OC brushes off your barrage of comments on his vids. But hey, i will make you a deal. Lets DPS comp. If i win you disappear form the forums forever. You can come up with something in case you win. i can give you a bill, i can delete my forums account, i can telll the server Deity Supreme outclassed me. whatever lets just do it.
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Oh that’s rich lol. I actually have pretty civil discussions with chills. Second of all, not sure what he has been brushing off in his videos as I don’t comment on his videos. So you seem pretty clueless just by that statement alone.

On top of that I’ve stated multiple times I don’t swap arts, not cause I don’t know how but because I don’t want to. So I’m supposed to comp against a guy who probably puts his hole self worth over a scoreboard? If I win some random forum guy deletes their forum account of absolutely no value and tells everyone I’m better then them even thou I have zero interest in your validation because your opinion is absolutely worthless to me. And if I lose I have to stop going in the forums because some guy said so?

You’re hilarious lol

So tell me this. What exactly have I said that has triggered you to the point that you have to comp your brand new forums account? Is the the request of information? Last I checked anyone worth talking to cares more about actual facts and numbers than “you mad bro? Let’s comp! 1v1 me!”. But hey keep putting your self worth on the scoreboard that I’m sure everyone will keep talking about next week lol
    • Like x 1