(Existing Powersets) strengths and weaknesses Rework/Update abilities!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Mar 26, 2023.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

This is what I meant 100%. If Atomic has even 3 out of the four things I suggested it would definitely be in a better spot. Water DPS are non-existent as well. I rarely see Water bringing out the DPS loadouts.
  2. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Statistically speaking Atomic is actually one of the lowest used powersets in the entire game of the 15th power sets. When you say a lot of people like it the way it is theoretically that is not necessarily true. If that were the case so many people wouldn't have switched from the atomic power because of its unperforming stats in DPS. So while you definitely are able to have your personal likes and dislikes from a realistic perspective the lot of people you speak of is actually a minority not the majority. Atomic is my second favorite power in the game hands down but I also know that I'm not biased and I will actually bring up when a power that I extremely enjoy is underperforming or flawed in some way. Again I'm glad that you also enjoy the power that I love but in this regard I would have to disagree with you
  3. you and me we got this Level 30

With all due respect ranmaru , i have been playing the game since it first came out on the ps3 2011-2012, i spent over at least 500 hours on every power , except water , i can tell you that the powers really are unfair , and i have never seen any buff to any power since 4 years , only nerfs , like i had to change powers just so that people accept me to play with them , and now we repeating the same exact process with arts , people only want healers that EOG spam , and you will nerf eog and another art will be meta , you will nerf it too and get out a new art and repeat repeat repeat......... then it will be same process with allies. and the pvp system has alot of feats but cant get them cause no one plays pvp , so maybe do a bonus week for pvp or change it , its not hard to make pvp playable again (just remove role bonuses and cc ) i really need my pvp feats :c
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

thanks for jumping in, the more devs that show their engaged the better for the game its appreciated.

Atomic was hands down the best power added when it came out. switched my main to it and stayed it all the way up to advanced mechanics. when they slowed down the combos and totally reworked the powerset.

they had effectively killed the power to me for a bit.
    its better now but still has some big flaws

1 being its the ONLY tank power that has a build up to survive tanking and that is the very first change that needs to happen
    get rid of the combo short cut to get aura just have the ability when you cast it give the aura.
    [IMG]
    BOOM huge improvement to power set right there

second major flaw i have with it is all range moves are combos which limits your playstyle choices.
    while I like combos all our main options shouldn't be them.

Make Geiger blast full range
    this option that was brought up by
    jpharrah1010

would be a good start

over all I miss the power and the main reason I don't switch back my main to it is because mainly of the two issues I have with the power.

I'm sure there are other suggestions above that would be helpful to be honest i didn't read through them all
    • Like x 3
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Here’s the thing. You aren’t really being objective. Either that or you just want it buffed so that the power you like can be the top power. The suggestions you’ve made aren’t going to make it balanced. It will turn it to the new meta. That’s not balance. Here are a few questions.

What’s your base dps?
    What’s your rev up dps?
    How long for you to get to base sustained dps?
    What’s your boosted dps?
    What’s your potential dps? (Dps with SCs)
    What do you consider to be a good base dps (where do you want atomic to be?)

This is why it is hard for devs to take any of these threads serious. So many players say they know about damage mechanics and can implement them to game mechanics. So many say they know their powers thoroughly and can make unbiased suggestions based on their well rounded knowledge. But most don’t.
    • Like x 4
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

My thing is this atomic as far as dpsing goes really needs a dot of its own that’s why people are picking up robot side kick for the extra dot and some are picking up heat vision with the artifact which allows atomic pick up another dot (through yet another iconic)

I hate robot side kick… I hate that we have to go into the iconic tree to get a dot or 2 if you include heat visio and I hate that that dot from robot side kick hinders our power back when other power sets don’t have to worry about that

That’s why I suggested a 12 tick dot in ionizing eruption and a 3 tick dot in atom splitter and beta surge (if it’s changed back to full range) if not nuclear burst

And actually thinking about it scratch my suggestion for atom splitter having a the 3 tick dot and just put on beta surge (if full rage) or nuclear burst

Why full range? Cause that way every play style gets to take advantage of a 3 tick dot.

Both the tank and dps need to get into their aura faster I’d rather it be immediate than it be based on a combo and hitting a power or doing a bunch of combos to get into the aura… why is this a suggestion? Because every power gets to utilize their main pi instantly atomic has to wait and if they miss the short cut they have to wait longer. This is a problem in dps and can be a bigger problem in tank stance. So it defintiely needs a faster way to get into the aura and start working.

So I’m sticking with density for tanks cause density as deity has mentioned prior and suggested is already a weak shield I think the weakest in the game … give it a second function to make up for it.

As far as dps goes you could do this one of two ways make atom powered assault (APA) give us an instant aura this way whether you choose precision or might you’ll both benefit from that power(albeit precision more so than might) other powers you could put it on is the super charge generator ability (make it a full range ability tho I think right now it is mid range), or lastly put it on ionic eruption if they change it to my previous suggestion (this I don’t favor as much)

And the change to energize to make it work as a buff like circuit breaker or ice elemental I don’t really have to justify my reasoning here first it lets us use one of our own super charges… and two other power sets (there might even be more)have self buff super charges which keeps them
    Out of the iconic tree for that so I don’t see how this would be such a big deal I think every power set should have a super charge self buff for damage.

Also if they make it to where our aura is instant upon a power then I say remove the daze pi and just have those powers that benefit from daze oi now benefit when the aura is up. For the ones that spread the dazed pi just have them benefit while the aura is up as well.

Those are the only changes I think atomic could really use some love from. To keep it from having to go outside of the power set to be more effective

My suggestions for Geiger blast really is not needed but could be fun

Suggestion to make fracture a shield isnt needed but most atomic tanks alresdy pick up hard light shield don’t see why we can’t make one more power a shield especially fracture since it’s such a fun power that a tank could use but gets no use at all
    • Like x 1
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

8. Limey Committed Player

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. - Carl Sagan
  9. Raven Roth Committed Player

Please, rework Celestial's Life Drain into something better, it's literally just a worse version of Cursed Idol and throughout my many years of playing i've seen NO ONE use it. Also the animation is really goofy, the Shadow Artifact empowered Dregg has a cooler animation. How about reworking into something that summons demons and angels since that's what Celestial has been missing.

Desperate Prayer: Summon a being from either Heaven or Hell depending on your role that will aid you in combat.

DPS - Summons a shadowy sin demon to aid you in combat. While active, provides 25% increased might and precision. When it dies or respawns it damages nearby enemies.

Healer - Summons a Pax Dei angel to aid you in combat. While active, provides 25% increased healing, critical healing chance, and will shield you. When killed or despawned, will heal nearby allies.
    • Like x 2
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

if they make it full range yeah it would be nice especially if people wanted to make a hybrid build over a might based or precision based.

But I think adding dots and getting into the aura instantly are the major issues keeping atomic from being a better power set. As far as dps goes

I don’t want atomic to be op tho at all I just want it to keep up. Right now to be competitive you have to do a lot more work than most power sets have to do. Which is why it’s such a low populated power

The tanking isn’t as bad as people think but it could use some love as well. I think in tank stance it would be nice to block cancel or lunge cancel the combos (even in dps stance to be fair in tank stance it would be great cause I miss a bunch of opportunities to counter the bosses because I’ll be in mid combo when the window is open. This isn’t 100% necessary but would be nice.

I suggested adding a hot to atom splitter but this could apply to all the combos in tank stance. Just so we have some self heals coming in when we are t comboing not really necessary and I wouldn’t want it to be over tuned hots but it would be nice especially when we get controlled
    • Like x 1
  11. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I agree with you as well.

I remember the endless rework days we had the first set of reworks within the first 2 years then weapon mastery and then advanced mechanics and then balancing … and I really don’t want them to go
    Down that road again. Just some slight changes over time would be fine.

Otherwise it will be a big undertaking that they will only be able to do with a few powers at a time. Causing those powers to be way over tuned as happened before
  12. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I agree with that. Data is very important and now that I have achieved the goal of gaining the attention of a dev, I can now break down in more depth about the things that could be reviewed in a more understanding format.
  13. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I also agree with this. I don't want it to be overpowered or the new meta but those possible additions from our ideas would be an excellent start to helping it keep up without a band-aid.
  14. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Definitely celestial. I have a good friend on the game that really wants celestial to be looked at. You bring up a good point though. If we really take into account abilities that no one ever touches in powersets we'll have quite a list.
    • Like x 1
  15. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I really like your idea for the supercharge being a buff type.
  16. Sentiency Well-Known Player

My ideas are for sorcery:

Despite it being my favorite power, I feel as though the healing side really needs some revamping to make it more interesting again. Circle of healing had its ranged buffed however, I’d like to see watcher become a staple in sorcery healing again as well. For a power revolving around different pets, watcher isn’t very good anymore. Couple that with the fact that offering doesn’t really provide enough value atm to warrant swapping it out for another power, and you will see that most sorcery healers just don’t run pets for healing anymore.

We also have guardian, which overall is pretty useless. Despite trying it out in many different builds with many different artifacts and setups, it just isn’t really viable. I’d love to see it buffed somehow to be used in a way that would really set sorcery apart from the other healers.

Soul well is probably my favorite animation in the game, if not it’s definitely top 3. It’s simplistic, but I love it. However, the heals are subpar. I’d love to see the cooldown reduced (my idea would be half of what it is now, but still only allow two soul wells out at a time to allow the healer to stack their wells quicker) and the heals increased so that pairing that with circle could provide some great heal over times (comparable to water).

——

In terms of other powers I think could see some adjustments, I think nature really needs to be looked at. Specifically with dps, but I’d also like to see some of the power costs for the heals looked at. Given that they are pretty much all overtimes in a meta where ppl are continuously taking bursts of damage, you have to use your abilities frequently and I think the power cost doesn’t reflect that value you get from each heal. I’d also really love to see the supercharges get buffed back to a place where they feel more consistent and provide more value.

All just my own opinions though, at this point I’d be excited to see any power get changed/revitalized.
    • Like x 1
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s not exactly true. Players use robot because it’s passive damage. Every power that has DoTs in their kit uses it too. It comes down to cast times.
    • Like x 2
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

By all means please do. Devs can not listen to baseless claims. The questions I asked you are basic numbers that can be used to calculate different areas and different real situations in actual content.

A lot of those ideas would make atomic over powered. That’s exactly why I asked you those questions. Maybe the issue isn’t with the power?
    • Like x 2
  19. Tolly Committed Player

Amen!
    • Like x 1
  20. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

I'm curious to know deity what is your pov on the state of powers in the game? Do you think everything is balanced? If not, which powers do you think needs some adjusting?