Suggestion for new episode...KNIGHTMARE

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MisterMeanwhile, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Irvynnge Loyal Player

in my opinion, the last great Batman comic run was the first volume of the Batman Adventures, based on the animated show, back in the early to mid 90s. in the regular comics, Batman peaked with Alan Grant. I hate the whole armoured-up raspy unshaven bovver-booted unbeatable Bat Thug in a tank thing. hate it. also, would it kill them to let him smile, every now & then? Batman used to smile. sometimes.

Doom Patrol, though? oh, yes.
  2. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Oh, Frank Miller got started on the whole Batman is a misanthropist" thing, but Batman became the monosyllabic Bat-Jesus when Grant Morrison wrote JLA in the '90s.

TBF, the movies have some blame for some of that, too. The last "Batmobile" we got was in the Tim Burton movies (What? Joel who? I don't know what you're talking about.)
    • Like x 1
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I blame anyone who doesn't agree with me. but especially Christopher poxey Nolan. I HATED those films.
    • Like x 1
  4. Bloodwynd71 Active Player

I don't know how similar it is but there was a Grant Morrison story where Darkseid defeated the JLA and several members were part of an underground movement. In it I think Diana had died, This was prior to the new 52 reboot during Grant Morrison's run but not sure the year it came out
  5. MisterMeanwhile Well-Known Player

I think you're referring to the "Rock of Ages" storyline where Morrison was writing for JLA.
  6. El Ferchos Active Player

Oh yes! I was hoping to see Swamp Thing taking a more active role during the last raid: Shattered Gotham when I got to play that dlc. Hopefully we can get a whole style inspired by him as well.

I don't remember very well Convergence's plot but wasn't it more about Brother Eye than Brainiac?

Visiting Gorilla City is long over due, I mean we have these small stories at the beginning, Survival of the Fittest, and two alerts. A continuation would be appreciated or making a new plot.
  7. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Nope. It was Brainiac. Something about a drone that was supposed to watch over all the cities, and then it made them fight for the right to survive because it thought Brainiac wasn't coming back, or something. It's been awhile since I read it.
  8. El Ferchos Active Player

Now I vaguely remember that the Brother Eye plot I was thinking of is Futures End - sorry, my bad.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Speaking of I would really like an episode where Brainiac has assimilated Brother Eye and Queen Bee for failing him. Story picks up where Moon Base and Batcave trilogy leave off. Open World could be the Moon, we haven't been back there in over a decade.
    • Like x 1
  10. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

NP. IIRC, Convergence came out about halfway through Future's End.
  11. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

TI99Kitty is correct, convergence ran in 2015 and focuses on Brainiac bottling characters outside of time and space and watching them interact. It is a pretty fitting expansion for this games story tbh