From Hero to Villain

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dread Coffins, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Dread Coffins Level 30

Let's imagine that you have created a character. You've put a lot of time and effort to just leave it. You like it, but over time you understand that the role of a hero (or a villain) does not suit it. In comics, movies, series and cartoons, there are many cases when heroes (or villains) change their ideology and position. Why not do the same in the game? maybe something like a small mission of betraying of your mentor. I think it would bring something new to the game. Like everything is ambiguous.
  2. Eve YouTuber

As much as I love the idea, the mentor system really doesn't mean much in the game. Not only because it was discontinued, but becauses villains are just heroes cosplayed. :\ I wish it was different though
    • Like x 1
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

We've gone from firebombing cops for the Joker to getting our missions from heroes. Sigh.
    • Like x 2
  4. Dread Coffins Level 30

I understand what you mean... and it is sad...
  5. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

They should just give us the option for cross-faction groups and common LFG and be done with it. The low population on villain side will at some point make the game unplayable.
    • Like x 2
  6. Dread Coffins Level 30

For example, here's what I think about missions for some villains:
    A trap with the Joker's toxin, which twists and distorts the hero's brain to wreak havoc and destruction.
    Lex Luthor can make a tempting offer that will convince hero to go against Superman.
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

It would be nice if we could have one DLC from the villain’s perspective instead of everything from the heroes perspective.
    • Like x 5
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah! Absolutely all for this. That's also actually why I created this thread:

Cross-Faction Grouping

:)
    • Like x 1
  9. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, or even just slight differences at all, like villains in BOP getting missions from Catwoman to DO crime and heroes getting missions from Huntress to STOP crimes. I don't need anything huge like how Family Reunion/Brothers in Arms had two whole different versions with a wholly unique daytime Gotham map, but just something. Just enough to make the villains.... villains. The 8th Precinct solo is a perfect example, I think. And for doing something from the villains' perspective, it could be interesting having a story where a hero or several heroes go crazy or are being controlled or something (but that could be too similar to the Suicide Squad game for them), a Suicide Squad episode where your villain is in the Suicide Squad, or something involving a large amount of the heroes mysteriously vanishing so villain start running rampant (maybe hero toons are some of the remaining heroes trying to keep them in check while they figure out what happened and how to get the others back).
    • Like x 2
  10. Tolly Committed Player

For sure, we are far from the level of SWTOR on this side :D
  11. myandria Item Storage

"Sigh" This is why I go back to playing City of Heroes: Homecoming from time to time. I can go from hero to villain to anti-hero to rogue and back again. It's not easy, but it is nice to work on it when things go stale here.
    • Like x 1
  12. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

There used to be villain version or even villain only instances, along with different open world missions, but devs likely stopped due to the dwindling amount of people who main villains or at the very least try to keep up an endgame villain toon.

It is strange why a global LFG at the very least isn't a thing yet, for villains side on US PC/PS, there have been less and less shoutouts for ROEE and NUE as of late (and very few to next to non-existent for Elite plus including the alert), but understandable due to it being towards the end of the episode.
    • Like x 1
  13. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

Change side for what? at this point both sides are the same
  14. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

They are most definitely treat as if the same but there are still Grouping limitations that needs to be overcome and if I am not mistaken, the LFG chat for Heroes is different from LFG chat for Villains (for those who use LFG).

Justice Girls have our own chat channel to communicate with each other (Hero or Villain) but again this is restricted to league members only (Justice Girls / Justice Girls Dark) Thunder_Cats_Only does not have a villain league. But you see what I'm getting at, there are limitations to communications as well as with grouping between the 2 factions. There are prob other limitations but I can't think of any at the moment lol.

Villain side is like an after thought at this point. Everything is geared towards Heroes so naturally anyone who is a Villain would want to switch factions so they can better enjoy the game. There is a disincentive to be Villain.
  15. Dread Coffins Level 30

for example to be green or yellow lantern... or light and dark side of celestial power