My beef about movie reviews

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Quantum Edge, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Why, oh why when some of these genre pages post movie reviews do they insist on doing a blow by blow synopsis of the plot? I just want to know if said movie is worth my dollars, I don't need to know how many fight scenes there are in each act. I don't care, about what information is exchanged in conversations between characters. Tell me if it's a good movie or not, if it is, let me find out the plot myself. If it's not, I surely don't care.
  2. Eve YouTuber

I did one review for Black Adam, want to check it out? lmao. I tried to keep it short and simple, I usually don't watch anything not even if I should go watch something because I rather go with something that sounds interesting to me. Usually my picks\my family picks were on point.
  3. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Look for Professional Critic Non-Spoiler Reviews. It's exactly what you're looking for.
    • Like x 1
  4. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

I ignore and avoid reviews before watching something I think I have some interest in, as the only person who knows if I like something or not is me.

I might watch a review afterwards if I am interested in hearing from trusted sources who I know put thought into their reviews and have proven to be thought provoking and/or entertaining.

I'll never watch a HISHE of a movie until after I've seen it first.
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

This is almost exclusively a complaint about genre websites, I have several reviewers, American and English that I go to. There's one reviewer who works for the Guardian in particular that I like, he's very in tune with who the audience of a particular film is going to be. He doesn't apply the same standards to say..Quantumania as he would to Empire of Light.
  6. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Me: "Saw Cinderella. Shoe fit. Four stars."
    • Like x 1