Flight and Speed Items?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Joybird, Feb 17, 2023.

1. Joybird Committed Player

I have a character that I want to alternate back and forth with Superspeed and Flight.

For flight items, I know there is:
    Monitor Propulsion Pack
    Legion Flight Ring

For superspeed, there is:
    Journeyman Boots
    Speed Force Ring

Are there any others? This could include forms, consumables, etc.
  2. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Robin acrobat rings
    Acrobat gauntlets
  3. Henoshock Well-Known Player

Bolt Sports Drinks (?) give temporary super speed.
    • Like x 2
  4. thedemonocus Loyal Player

My main is skimming and i have a acrobat ring and a super speed ring. You can get the SS ring from the anniversary event we just had.
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

On a different but related note, they really should just make available movement transformation gear for all movements with each DLC like with the dark robin ring. I’m sure they’re understandably hesitant due to how it would affect movement mode respec token sales. But the devs are fully aware of the hefty imbalance between the movement mode power trees and while the best solution is for a balance pass to bring the others up to par, that would be a fair, effective and equitable band-aid until they can bank eome extra manpower to tackle that task.

Apologies for being a tad off topic and I hope I don’t derail the thread.
    • Like x 2
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Maybe not every episode, but every few seems reasonable. I do remember when I would want to go speed or acro for some reason, and I had to use the vault gear, it was quite a hit to have 66 or whatever, level gear when I did that. I'd take the 30 or 40 CR hit on a ring if we only got a refreshed one every few DLCs....sounds reasonable.

And I don't see it impacting the sales of movement mode that much as wearing the speed ring or drinking a bolt drink won't give you access to the power options, only the speed itself. It is nice to warm up to if you wanted to actually use one of those change tokens, so it might actually have an opposite impact and HELP sales.
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Well I figure if that is something they decide to do, it’s not really any more work whether its every DLC or every few. All the gear scales up by the same multiplier ratios every DLC, even the OP gear. So they would just copy over the same items and scale up the stats by the same ratio as all the other vendor gear is scaled.

Also, I was thinking it would mostly be the opposite. If someone wants a character to move around with superspeed, they would just be superspeed since the powers are much more advantageous (with some exceptions for tanks who prefer perfect poise to dash attack). So it’d be the players who don’t like superspeed movement but want to use supersoeed powers that would mostly use these as it eliminates the disadvantages of the other movements inferior powers while still allowing players to have their preference of actual movement.
  8. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Kryptonian Chunk makes you flight for as long as that form lasts. Pterosaur and the 3 Halloween bats make you flight, but no attacks.
    • Like x 1