LANTERN SUGGESTION

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GhostRyder3000, Feb 14, 2023.

1. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I know we're not getting any new powers anytime soon....

But:

How difficult would it be to give a color option when selecting light as a power?

Hero: A choice between Green and Blue.

Villian: A choice between Yellow and Orange... and maybe Sapphire.

It could be the already existing powersets and animations.... just with an alternative color.

Been wanting an Orange Lantern for the longest time.
    • Like x 4
  2. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Better yet. The ability to dye your ring. The animations/constructs played from it will follow the code of the colour you chose. This way you can be any colour lantern then
    • Like x 2
  3. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Bold of you to assume the Devs are capable of this.

But if you want another time capsule with a style or ally, they got you.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I agree with making color options available where it suits the lore.

So with lanterns each applicable spectrum color.

With other powers though, I may be seen as a "joy kill", but just no, there's limits.

I agree with making color options if it suits, so fire could be blue, or shades of orange etc, but not pink, there's no pink fire.

If you're water then, blue ore green shades, no pink water.

You know what I'm saying :D

The reason for this is also because of optics and signaling, things are certain colors so we know what they are, if you allow players a free for all it disrupts the harmony.
  5. Rejchadar Inquisitor

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. Tolly Committed Player

Against, because everyone (just like me) wants a lantern heal power, anything proposed would allow for no more lantern heal power to be added. I'd rather have the hope of a new lantern heal power than no hope at all...
  7. Proxystar #Perception

You know I just knew someone would lol.

You know what Im saying, you know it lol
  8. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

I suggested a while ago something like "Power Styles" where you would pick your power, however, in the marketplace there would be skins for each power.

Fire: Blue flames
    Electicity: Red, gold
    Celestial blessed: White. Celestial plague: Black
    Ice: Pink/Red shades. Black ice

There is many they could do. sure it could be pricey and people getting used to the new power looks will be rough, but it would be a nice change and adds more depth to characters. When... IF a balance comes, i could see it becoming a huge thing. So many new ways to decorate characters and such. Truly play how you want.
  9. Ryazan Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  10. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

No yellow water either? :p
    [IMG]

Well there goes my Rick and Morty Pissmaster character idea....lol
    • Like x 1
  11. iEddyGaming Active Player

No Love for Black and White lanterns? :(
  12. Proxystar #Perception

No u.

And this is why... nevermind.. lol
    • Like x 2
  13. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Well White Lanterns are too OP. We cant be Black Lanterns, because technically no player character in the game has died. We've just been "knocked out" ALOT, so yeah.
  14. Tolly Committed Player

To have this heal power, why not do like it was done with the green lantern and yellow lantern bodies? Have the blue lanterns in heal for the good side and the sapphire lanterns (heal) for the bad side? Well, it's a mainly feminist corps, but that doesn't exclude men in this corps, some men even wore the sapphire ring for a while, like Guy Gardner.
  15. Emoney Dedicated Player

Technical issues aside, I doubt this could or would happen. DC seems to be extremely picky when it comes to certain characters, Lanterns being one of them. We went years without a green aura because of this. Same with the Superman emblem. I'm guessing they wouldnt be ok with us having green lantern constructs in different colors. The devs would have to be specific to the characters like the seperate Rage powerset..but because the devs already said we arent getting new powersets, I assume different Lanterns are off the table. Btw, not trying to speak for them, just going off of history in the game.
  16. MrGhosty Active Player

I'd be all for it, the only time it would be important for powers to be telegraphed is in pvp circumstances. I play a lot of Warframe (yes I know different games) and having the ability to change the colors of the powers is really enjoyable. If full RGB isn't as easy as just doing some set color shifts I'd also be down for that, though I would still prefer full RGB. In a game where dress up is a big part of the core loop, not being able to customize colors is a bummer. Also wouldn't want it to take priority over more important things that need to be added/tweaked. Would be solid QOL for sure though.
  17. Rejchadar Inquisitor

[IMG]

:p I know that you just want it for Earth powerset :p
  18. Eve YouTuber

An artifact or accessorry that color your ring\abilities, maybe? I mean they do have the blue heat vision from solar amp..
  19. Dene Devoted Player

would be easier of they just let us colour our powers.. but iirc they vetoed that ages ago but who knows?
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The only way they would be able to do this would be if they removed the lore from the power. Light as it stands is based on lanterns. Specifically green lantern corps and the sinestro corps. Because of this they just aren’t allowed to make any changes to the color. DCU comics is extremely protective of their lanterns for some reason (they tend to be a joke in movies….).

They can’t match any other colors because no other lantern corps work the same. Both green and yellow lanterns have the same base functions. Fighting with constructs. They basically mirror each other in the comics. The other lanterns work differently. The lore wouldn’t allow a blue lantern to fight the same way that green lanterns work.

This is coming from someone who has always wanted a blue lantern power set. The only way this would work would be if they made faction exclusive power sets.
    • Like x 1