So if the alien invasion is real...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Quantum Edge, Feb 12, 2023.

1. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

2. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Lets... not get ahead of ourselves... Just having a little fun and joke around ^^
    • Like x 1
  3. Emoney Dedicated Player

So, we cant have a serious conversation about it??? I mean seems like shii is about to hit the fan, whether its China or UFOs.
  4. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

As the OP, this was just to have some fun, tying a real world event to an ingame event. There is a serious discussion to be had, but these forums aren't the place.
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I keep ordering Chinese take out from Uber Eats and it keeps getting shot down!
    • Like x 8
  6. Jcal Dedicated Player

Maybe alien technology can help the devs uPgRaDe tHe eNGinE.

Who wants to rideshare to Alaska?
    • Like x 2
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I’ll pass, this kitty is warm weather girl lol!
    • Like x 1
  8. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

You can head the contingent going to Uruguay.
    • Like x 1
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

But, I’d rather go to Miami :(
    • Like x 1
  10. Isif Committed Player

11. Limey Committed Player

To be fair, serious went out the door when you mentioned the Bible. And the overall likelihood of China wanting to attack one of its biggest customers for over 30 years seems highly unlikely.
  12. Emoney Dedicated Player

It's amazing, no matter what I type...

My opinion is wrong, I'm making stuff up, I have no video or screenshot proof, I'm just against the game and certain players, my motives are not what I say they are, etc etc.

I didnt type the thread title, but I read it and made a reply based on it. Maybe it was made with humor, but that doesnt mean everyone takes it that way.

And Limey, that book is what I base my entire life around, to many people it's more serious than anything in existence. You may not take it that way obviously but I wasnt telling you to either. I dont know what you believe but I wouldnt talk down about your beliefs like you did. I was only referencing it in context of UFOs, and also gave other references to science and history. Further, China doesnt want us to be just customers anymore, they want to control us and the entire world. Read their plans for world domination, they dont hide it, we just ignore it.
    • Like x 1
  13. Emoney Dedicated Player

And yet you directly referenced the RL events and sightings when asked?!? I think you just didnt like my answer. Which is fine, but that's far different than saying Its not the place for my opinion. Btw, we have lots of serious discussions on here, until people start to attack each other.
    • Like x 1
  14. Emoney Dedicated Player

For clarification though, I love talking about this subject. I find all conspiracies interesting and entertaining whether I believe in them or not.

Buts let's remember it wasnt too long ago where anyone who has seen, or believed in UFOs were considered crazy, and ridiculed for their position.

Yet now we have proof, even from our own government that UFOs exist. Not only that, but they're popping up everywhere and especially in the last few years. Yes it's all speculation what they are, and as I pointed out theres evidence theyve been here the whole time. Yall can disagree with my take on it, thsts fine, but I dont think my talk about the UFO subject is inappropriate in a thread about UFOs....whether it was made as a joke or not. They're out there, and in my opinion we all should be talking about it more.
    • Like x 1
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

That is crazy talk. Nothing can attack Canada.
    It is well protected. ;)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. Isif Committed Player

Consider that maybe UFOs are not extraterrestrial and possibly another state sponsored ploy to confuse the masses into inaction or fear. Who's crazy now?:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  17. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Ok, to be fair, tone is often hard to recognize over just text, so even if a conspiracy theory style comment wasn't entirely serious it can often be hard to identify that. So sometimes people are going to misunderstand such posts and you may end up having to clarify you weren't being 100% serious. It's NBD, really. No one escapes this sorta thing happening. Especially if, like me, someone already has difficulty with social cues IRL.

It might help to use stuff like /s (generally put at the end of a sarcastic or not entirely serious remark) or emotes/reaction images to indicate tone sometimes on particular posts that are especially likely to be misunderstood. These little things are godsends to me! Maybe you could try out that or some other little tricks if you like those ones better here and there. Don't have to use them all the time, but quite handy when you're especially unsure if people will be able to get the intended tone from a post. Of course, there will be people that still don't get it at first, but in my experience it can help a lot.
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

having to label your posts as sarcasm totally negates any coolness coming from said sarcasm.
    • Like x 2
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I find myself in this situation more often than not it seems. It is frustrating.
    • Like x 2
  20. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

That's ok, Reinheld. I don't understand sarcasm lots of times either.
    • Like x 1