Mr. Freeze...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BO PERRY_CRS, Feb 10, 2023.

1. BO PERRY_CRS Well-Known Player

Nothing serious but does Mr. Freeze seem very SQUISHY in the seasonal alert?!
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

last year people were complaining that he was too hard
    • Like x 6
  3. Leonite Well-Known Player

This ^ Many complained and I think they fixed it in the later part of last year so we got that same change this year.
  4. BO PERRY_CRS Well-Known Player

ok. cool. I didn't think it was me.
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

did people really complain he was too hard last year? lol. I must've missed that. I knew something felt a bit different. . .
    • Like x 1
  6. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I wouldn't know I fight carol
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I always found it to be kind of inconsistent, even before the adjustments. There would be some runs where Freeze's attacks would be just fine, and others where he'd just start demolishing someone in the group. And it was always rough when he decided YOU were going to be subjected to his wrath. :confused:

The fight against Carol was almost always the easier of the two.
    • Like x 7
  8. Dene Devoted Player

Yep.. no need for stairs strategy anymore lol
    • Like x 2
  9. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

This is exactly how I remember it from previous years as well..
    • Like x 3
  10. Leonite Well-Known Player

I never complained it but I admit I have died a few times fighting Mr Freeze last year and even wiping at least once. I blamed it on ignoring the mechanics on the two machines in the area. But now, I find we can just pew pew pew the event alert easy.
    • Like x 2
  11. Bloodwynd71 Active Player

Not that either is hard but it seems like Carol seems harder than the two now.
    • Like x 1
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The only thing I've found in my runs so far that has made a Carol fight harder was someone seemingly trying to drag Carol over to the stairwell unnecessarily. That tactic wasn't even 100% necessary for Freeze fights and it just kept dragging Carol out of AOE fields that could have been used to, I don't know, take her down? LOL
  13. Random Mind Dedicated Player

The only thing that bothers me about Mr. Freeze in this instance is during the cutscene at the beginning you see that his helmet doesn't attach to the chest. Maybe that is why he is so easy to beat, because his suit isn't properly sealed.
  14. El Ferchos Active Player

All seasonal bosses had their difficulty down because many times you'd get un groups were other people ignores simple mechanics (Summer and Spring mostly).
  15. Limey Committed Player

It is still like that. Compared to many seasonal alerts, which have virtually no chance of anyone dying, Mr Freeze still occasionally goes redonk status and takes someone below 30% HP with only a few attacks.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not sure he's squishy, but he definitely is not bodying as many as he did last year. In general last year, if you were in a group of 4 DPSes, 1 or 2 would drop pretty consistently. So far this year, I haven't really seen anyone go down, even if the group is 4 dps, or made up of low level players.

It's a seasonal....anything that gets it done faster is fine by me. I always hate when they make seasonal bosses capable of heavy knockouts, as since the door is open anyway, it serves no purpose except to delay things, or make 1 or 2 people do all the work while someone else can just take a knee, or respawn and stay back there. Personally I'd be fine with doing away with all indoor seasonals and just having the outdoor portions pay higher to make up the difference.
    • Like x 1
  17. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

In the past his rifle taps and freeze aoe did mad damage, it would clap you if you didn't have a Healer in group and tbh I rarely see a Healer in Seasonals. You basically would have to block on his skulls like it's Valentine's Elite. Going to the stairs helped because his generators couldn't get you there and his henchmen adds would have to reach you from the other side of the room. But I've been in lots of groups that would wipe even at the stairs because if everyone gets frozen by Freeze he just starts hammering you. So I guess the nerf of this Alert makes sense but it was kinda fun before seeing all the noobs get clapped but hard on your farming toons without Artifacts and SP of course.
    • Like x 2
  18. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

He is now on par with Carol. I approve ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. myandria Item Storage

Hmm.. I hate to say it, but, maybe a more difficult version of seasonal missions is needed after all.

"Runs away, ducks and goes for cover." :eek:
    • Like x 1