DCuo is killing the all new PS5

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by me911do, Feb 1, 2023.

1. me911do New Player

I know that you could have heard it before. But I have to focus more on the topic. The game doesn't only crash ,but it also it shuts down the ps5 completely. It has to rebuild some files every time it starts up. I'm not requesting a new version for new consoles. just an update could work. The shutdown mostly happens when teleporting or respawning from a knockdown. Please fix this issue ASAP.
    • Like x 4
  2. Eve Creator League, YouTuber

Mepps said they have a fix coming this month for this. There is a thread about this issue in the bugs section where this quote is from:

• Like x 2
  3. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I'm getting my new PS5 today! YAY! But I am afraid to play DCUO on it.
    • Like x 5
  4. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I switched back to playing DCUO on my PS4 and I probably won't play it on my PS5 until the new PS5 client is ready or if the warping fix actually proves to be legit.
    • Like x 1
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

every single time they put out a fix for it the problem gets way worse for a bit then it generally gets to be a once a day thing instead of every few min thing. I have friends that quit playing because of it because there afraid of killing their PS5. after twice i generally get off also as I dont want tot risk it
    • Like x 2
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you will be fine it will shutoff like that from time to time generally with a green screen. but its only real bad when they try to fix it :eek:

and gratz on your new system you will love the load times
    • Like x 2
  7. The Bad Guy Well-Known Player

This is also happening on the PS4 Pro.
  8. Sghoul Well-Known Player

I have had this happen a few times on my PS5, but certainly not regularly.
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

things aren't that great on the ps4 either. the past few weeks I've been crashing non stop. Not just warping wither. I've had the screen freeze mid combat then crash. Very frustrating...
  10. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Thank you!
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah....but the 'fix' they already tried actually seems to have made it happen more often...or maybe that's just the perception.

I've had my PS5 since Nov. I've played DC on it now maybe 5 or 6x, but am basically sticking with the PS4 for DC till they fix it. At least when the PS4 crashes, the app just goes down. Makes recovery way faster and doesn't seem as brutal as when it happens on the PS5.
    • Like x 2
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And with as many times as it crashes....you get to enjoy them a LOT per session.;)
    • Like x 1
  13. Eve Creator League, YouTuber

Understandable, just saying it isn't being ignored and there is a official comment on it.
    • Like x 1
  14. Plowed In Loyal Player

Yep, it’s like what watching tv was like before remote controls…”do I really want to get up from the couch and walk 3 feet to the TV to change the channel?” …yuck
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Like I mentioned in the bug thread on this topic, we do have a fix going out tomorrow which we believe will be effective.
    • Like x 10
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Fingers crossed!
    • Like x 2
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

For me the application crashes only. Not the entire PS5. Since coming back to the game in about 15 hours of playing in total I have crashed about 8 times. Every time I crash it is teleporting to the Hall of Legends or to an open world zone. Hopefully the fix tomorrow will work and they get a PS5 version of this game out this year or early next year. As playing DCUO on PS5 reminds me that load screens longer than 2 seconds still exist.
  18. scarblood New Player

Does anyone knows if the hard resets do damage on the ps5, like serious damage?
  19. BumblingB I got better.

I don't know about the PS5 specifically, but when it comes to tech hardware, hard resets usually can do damage to the software and in some cases, the hardware can be damaged too.

In an honest response, it probably is not good for the PS5 in the long run, but you are probably okay until they get the fix in.
  20. scarblood New Player

Thanks for the response. Somedays my ps5 shutdowns more than once, i stopped doing the weekly bounties because of that
    • Like x 1