Emotes I would like to see

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ergotth, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Ergotth Committed Player

With the announcement of new emotes coming up, we all unroll our mental wishlist of emotes on the spot, so I would like to share, and I would love everyone to share, emotes you would like to see.

Top priority, a Facepalm emote, since it's the one thing we gamers do all the time. Either with one hand on the waist or waving one's head in dismay, this is a classic one I wish to see.

A Time Out (placing one hand straight up and the other parallel to your fingertips like making a T, largely used in sports) emote would also look pretty entertaining and fun, so add this to the list.

Meditation or essentialy Crossing your legs and floating could be an "infinite" emote, as in it won't stop until you move again, I'm a huge sucker for levitation, I always leave my characters floating by default, so having an emote where they sit mid-air and stay there would look pretty neat too.

New Dances are also a given, we are limited to basicaly one dance per "personality" so having some new dance moves that are not locked to it would be a fun idea too, maybe different styles or even a lonely waltz so players can try to synchronize each other to it. Also dances that look like coreographies so, again, players can try and synchronize it for a fun moment, all of these really encourage social interactions.

I also noticed in God's Eye Pyramid our character is animated to Dig out the treasure so the animation exists, make it an emote please!

Embarrased is an emotion that can be fun to convey, maybe the classic anime style where the character crouches and slides the finger on the floor xD

One that could be written as "Ta-da" where your hero presents something, I can really see this one used by streamers like Achikah and Ryll when showing their base streams.

Clapping emote kinda needs a revamp, maybe have the hero claps in a more retraint manner.

Throwing Confetti emote, simpel, goofy, even funnier if you add that "pfeh!" sound that usualy comes with Confetti animations.
    • Like x 7
  2. Henoshock Well-Known Player

can't forget

ttps://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/i-want-a-dab-emote.321801/#post-4559050
    • Like x 4
  3. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Startled or surprised could be a good one, like the classic half-step-back and throwing up hands in surprise sorta thing

Some sort of frustrated or annoyed thing like sliding your hands down your face or throwing up your hands in the classic "WTF, man?!" way

Scared or dread or just like anxious fidgeting

Bored/impatient emote of some kind, maybe fidgeting or tapping your foot with arms crossed

Paying respects emote (I sometimes like to do pics of my character solemnly paying their respects at like that infamous spot in Crime Alley or such and I usually use the rest emote, which is great with the powerful personality where they take a knee, but it.... uh..... doesn't work so great with comical personality.....)

Emote of the character going "awww, so cute" so you can gush over Krypto or Teekl or other pets in your base

A big, heavy sigh, the kind where you sorta lean back a bit and your arms hang

A "can't watch" emote of covering your eyes/looking away

Hot and cold emotes, like fanning yourself and shivering

Coin toss

Howl for animalistic characters

Tired where you do that dramatic yawn with the hand raised to your mouth
    • Like x 3
  4. Eve YouTuber

Playing guitar emote, Wonder Woman's pose as emote (the X she does) I probably have more but too tired to list them all at 2am lol
    • Like x 3
  5. Proxystar #Perception

teabagging emote errr, um yeah I'll let myself out.

But you know you want it though.
    • Like x 2
  6. Ergotth Committed Player

Those in particular are even animated within the game ever since the beggining! We already have a "scared" one when you shield yourself (look at Mary in the opening cutscene of the Isis bossfight in GEP) and the freezing one we see whenever a character is being stunned by freezing effects (usualy the ones that root one before the block of ice)
    • Like x 1
  7. Dene Devoted Player

• Like x 3
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

/redfive
    [IMG]

/redfive1
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  9. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I want an emote where fly really fast around the earth like Superman in the Superman movie (1978) and reverse time, so I can get the Superman emblem from the DoS vendor.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  10. Ryazan Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. iEddyGaming Active Player

All my suggestions are in the video. It's a long list :p

• Like x 1
  12. Eve YouTuber

We better get those. And they should do Oceans' hula hoop dance too, even if she's not here anymore lol
    • Like x 4
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

/shrug
    • Like x 1
  14. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Has anyone mentioned a “hug” emote? I’d like that too.
    • Like x 2
  15. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Do you want a fun idea?
    A set of active gaming skills, in the form of real buffs, attacks, shields... activated through emotes ;)
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Did they get rid of the sitting emote I tried to find it the other day and couldn’t. Did they do away with some emotes alresdy ? I sure hope they don’t bring them back in a form of payment that would be crappy if so.
  17. Eve YouTuber

No, the lists are bugged and they fixed it on Test Server. We will get all of the emotes back, you can try write the command instead and it will make your character do the emote
    • Like x 2
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Thank you !
    • Like x 3
  19. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Make it happen devs:

[IMG]

Real talk, something like this would be pretty funny:

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  20. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I don’t understand this emote.