CR Skip for newcomers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by XBlue, Jan 25, 2023.

1. XBlue Well-Known Player

[Opinion]

CR Skip should be banned for newbies who haven't upgraded a main character to the current tier level.

Omnibus raids, some of which are extremely easy, are downright sabotaged by inexperienced players. The players sometimes play in their support roles, but do not know what they are doing. The tank is behind the group, the healer does only weapon damage and wears full mixed gear, and controllers don't even know which skills give a debuff (not to mention the rest of the basics). Game mechanics are completely ignored (especially bad in Metal Part 2 Raid today) and chat is also ignored when trying to explain something.

After a CR Skip, it is particularly noticeable that these players are completely overwhelmed with the content and have no idea what they are doing!

The end content should really only be reserved for experienced players, so that you can join a raid outside of the league without having to fight an end content raid with 2-day-old newbies.

My suggestion:

The CR Skip should be dependent on Skillpoint and another character's CR. If you start from scratch, you have to learn the game first!
    • Like x 9
  2. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I can see that being a thing, much like how when making a new character you can only use the option to skip the tutorial if you have at least one character that's completed it on that account. Could also use more stuff to help facilitate experimentation and practice with roles.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

We've been advocating for this since 2016.
    • Like x 4
  4. Taerah Active Player

I always try to teach them, they obviously have know idea what their doing, telling them to go watch Obsidianchill on youtube for their specific power and role or just saying, you should really go upgrade your artifacts takes minimal effort. ^.^
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I don't think it should be 'current' level, but MINIMUM 30, or maybe 60 even, so that they would have had to do something outside of the 1st leveling mission. This would give them a bit more time to become used to the chat, certain mechanics (like 'skull means block'), maybe even get a proper role loadout....before skipping to endgame.

But I think this goes hand in hand with the game needing a tutorial mission at level 30. Assuming they had a tutorial mission at level 30 required to queue as a role, the worst you'd have with the skips is a bunch of bad DPSes...which can be dealt with more often than not.
    • Like x 3
  6. Knavion Level 30

I agree. it's frustrating when they have CR 333 and only 80 SP without knowing how to play...

In my opinion, I think that if it is your first character in the game, it would be recommended you can raise it directly to CR 333 but having upgraded a minimum of level 30.
    We have all learned throughout the game and everyone deserves to learn to play
  7. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Yeah, there have been other threads suggesting role tutorials at some point. I have seen tanks and healers in omni runs with role gear, but still have no idea what they are doing. Creating a duo tutorial where you have to pull adds and boss if you are tank, heal your partner if you are healer, buff/debuff power if you are a controller. The on duty menu would not allow you to select a role for queuing until you complete the role journal mission.
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Honestly, in Omnis I don't think the gear matters as much as the fact they don't know their powerset or the job. I've got plenty of farmer toons with no role gear or specific artis (although farmers do often get an EOG or Strat....which can help as role), where in an omni raid I've had to do a job I didn't queue for as the other guy who did won't switch....they do fine, but I always have a role build I can 'switch role' to. In general this just took a min per toon to set up with the right powers under role and imprint on my DPS armory. But hey....that's a lot of work....who'd do that?:rolleyes:

Not 100% sure how the clamp clamps DPS vs Role gear, but if you are in 350+ DPS gear, your stats are generally much higher than any you'd be clamped to as a 83, or 112 or whatever set of Role duds. If the clamp clamps to a set number for stats, DPS or role shouldn't matter much....it's probably higher all around. Yeah, SP allocation matters, but ...does it really?

Again, this boils down to the lack of a tutorial and NOT being able to queue as role till you've run it once.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Honestly I've been having a blast just kicking random people out of the alert because they don't know wtf they're doing.
    • Like x 1
  10. MchaelAceHunter Well-Known Player

I can agree. My nephew has only just returning to the game and having start from scratch but I told him to do the first 1-30 first then use it. I can help him along the way.