Word of Power damage

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by catplaysxoxo, Dec 30, 2022.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

So recently Word of Power got updated and just to be clear I'm not talking about Shazam Word of Power. it got some buffs for role specifics. In terms of damage it's severely underperforming but I believe it was deliberately done that way so that you're forced to level up Heart of Isis artifact.

I tested this on the HoL dummies and while in DPS role at cr 363 I believe and my might at 88k. I used two superchargers to compare.

Atomic Blast is a 0.5 second cool down and cost 5000 and twice I was able to land 250k on the sparring target.

Word of Power on the other hand was only able to land for 65k. The 12 second cool down didn't matter and nor did the role buff it provides. Anyone else came to this conclusion? I do see fire tanks or rage as of matter of fact using Word of Power simply for the health buff but in a damage perspective it's damage is too low and it only suggest investing in Heart of Isis to make that supercharger stronger.
  2. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

One thing missing is you don't get the added benefit to it's potential yet: supposed to be (for DPS) an 8% critical boost. I imagine a fix is down the road.
    • Like x 1
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Alright. Since people are having trouble understanding how the damage works I have decided to do a breakdown. I also included Atomic since this is what you used to compare as well.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Even thou the damage from Atomic Blast was higher, the damage buff given by WoP resulted in higher DPS. And while you did get a slightly higher DPS with NVB, the pure benefit from WoP would lead to a higher overall DPS. This comes in the form of the other DPS getting the buff, as well as the 1/3 Cooldown of WoP compared to NVB. You then have less risk of damage loss due to mechanics and other instanced where one would need to stop DPSing.

Using the current DLC as an example, you have the lava in NUe where players may have to stop attacking to move out of lava, or being transformed. Only 1 SC was used during each parser to not skew results away from NVB. However players would normally have an easy enough time build SC back between uses.

I was originally going to give the base DPS needed to make NVB, CB, Ice Elemental, and other boost SC to make them worth more than other SCs for every power set. But thats more work lol
    • Like x 2
  4. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

It's okay pal, I'll add on the things you left out. We want to make sure everyone is properly informed after all, not just make it look like you can inform:

1) In order for Word of Power to come anywhere close to Neo Venom, you will need to be running a full Might set up. No weapon attacks allowed at all. The Boost is only applied to Powers after all so weapon attacks are wasting time.

2) If you wish to carry out (1) and still have a shot at keeping your damage numbers up with the top DPS in any group, you'll need to find a way to get back to around 2015 or 2016 or so. You're not hearing the sound of Whirling Dervish being activated in almost every group you're in because it's a good power, nor because it helps powers. It cancels Weapon Attk animations allowing players to Attk with said Weapon again faster. It's why some now think Precision is "OP" when it's actually just that Superspeed needs to be fixed. Until it is though, you're hearing that sound because in 2022 and going forward, Weapon Loadouts or "Precision (X Power)" Loadouts are the most recommended.

3) The argument about Neo going to waste in Raids that have mechanics that force you to move/roll away is pure, unadulterated, nonsense. Neo lasts for 4.75 secs longer than WoP. Rolling does not take 10 seconds, nor 5, not even 3. And if rolling wasted Neo it would waste WoP for the exact same (insane) reason. I think this point was added in to lighten the mood and have a joke in there. I'm guessing they're still working on the punchline.

4) The OP is once again complaining about personal damage from a power. It's lunacy to consider saying "Oh but hey, the Group Buff will benefit everyone" as that gets them nowhere. If the OP was in a Marathon and was parched, this tip basically said its okay because I gave everyone else water.

5) As it should be, here's the proper recommendation:

Everyone should test the 2 themselves.

Most recommended Rotations and Loadouts these days, until Superspeed is fixed, rely mostly on Weapons for their damage. WoP will provide, for lack of a better term, f### all for those Rotations. It increases crit chance for Powers Only from 45% to (when fixed) 53% and Crit dmg to Powers Only from 135% to 145%. But Powers in the top Rotations, if we're being very VERY generous, account for about 1/5th of all dmg dealt. So test them yourselves instead of relying on terrible data with major details intentionally missing/redacted.

Slightly increase the crit chance of 1/5th of your damage, or boost five fifths by 40% for 4.75 seconds longer. My 6yr old nephew can do that math, and players can too.

Amendment ended.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

For the love….

You can’t seriously be that dense… dps stands for damage per second. If for example you have 200k dps than NVM will do 80k additional dps for the 15 seconds. You’re right that rolling does not take 10 seconds. However every time you stop attacking for even 1 single second that’s 80k extra damage you didn’t do. It’s not a matter of not attacking for 10 seconds… it’s about any single second you lose… and additionally how exactly did I fail to mention it didn’t buff weapons? I clearly stated in the screenshot that it’s ability damage… You are purposefully going out of your way to try and fabricate you’re delusions.

What about the extra damage the group does by it being a group damage buff? You literally gave you actual numbers and you can’t get past your delusions. Want to use NVB? Fine use it. However the facts do not change just because you are incapable of seeing raw data.
    • Like x 3
  6. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I was comparing it's damage on hit. I also don't see why I saw NVB since it's a buff and does no damage upon cast. This is why I mentioned and compared two different superchargers that do damage which is Atomic Blast and WoP.
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Because you can’t compare one aspect of an ability without looking at all the aspects said ability offers. If they were to buff the damage aspect of WoP than it would end up being broken since it would allow for the increased damage plus the crit buff. The dps output of WoP is already greater than Atomic Blast due to the buff aspect. In order for its damage aspect ti be buffed they would then need to reduce or remove the other aspects. That being the crits.
  8. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

See the thing is I don't need to look at all the aspects of WoP because you don't have to be in a group. You can do solo missions and bounties. The crit buff from WoP isn't going to do anything to me as I don't care about crit buff. I am not looking at superchargers that buff I am looking at Superchargers that do damage upon casting it.
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Still doesn’t change the fact that it does buff you. It’s part of the SC. It gives does damage and buffs you. If all you are doing is doing damage and not attacking after than yes AB will be better because you wouldn’t be using the buff aspect. You can’t ignore everything else and just focus on the singular point. This is a very standard practice in the game. Damage gets scaled based on other factors provided by said abilities. Look at SC generators. They deal less damage than standard abilities because they build SC. Powers that benefit with PI won’t deal their full damage unless you use said PI. Look at quantum for example. You could use Alcubierre Wave and Distortion Wave while using only 1 PI. You can’t say that they should buff one because it’s not doing as much damage as the one that’s getting the PI buff.
  10. Henoshock Well-Known Player

disregarding whatever happened...

Just based on calculations, WoP's crit buff is basically a 10% damage increase (to Might damage) when you're using Transformation Card (which is like all the time), a bit less without Trans. And it lasts like 10s.

Compared to NVB, which is 40% damage buff for 15s.

So the only reaon WoP would be better (by itself) is if its actual damage is worth that buff loss... which ends up being about 22.5% of your base damage over 15s. So take your DPS, multiply by 0.225, multiply that by 15, and that's how much more damage NVB would do over WoP from the buff alone. Compare that value to WoP's damage tick to see if WoP is better.

Here's some things to keep in mind:
    1. WoP CD. If you're getting greens, you can use WoP twice in the same time that you can use NVB once. So if you don't want to run 2 SC's to make use of the greens, you could consider WoP. Note that this would never apply in solo content, or anywhere without green spam.
    2. WoP group buff. If there's 4 Might DPS, and everyone has equal DPS, then WoP would give everyone 10%, so overall you're getting 40% more damage. In a coordinated run you could have one person be the WoPer. Or a low CR DPS could do it. But it only works with other Might DPS.
    3. WoP is damage. Not sure about this one, but since NVB is a self-buff only, you can clip a power and fit it neatly into your rotation. This basically means the cast time of NVB incurs no DPS loss alone. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure WoP can't clip, so you are going to be losing a power cast to use it...
    • Like x 2
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The damage profiles for NVB and WoP aren’t that far off. NVB being a straight damage buff means that there is a base dps needed for it to be better than WoP. Using the stripped stats above at a dps of 163k over 30 seconds means that 4,890,000 damage was done. At 181k dps over 30 seconds it means that WoP provided 5,430,000 which is an increase of 540,000 damage. Take away the estimated 391,000 which leads to 149,000 achieved through the buff and 391,000 from the buff. Take NVB’s 184k dps over 30 seconds. That is 5,520,000 which is an increase of 630,000.

In short the damage gained from these SCs were roughly:
    WoP: 540,000 (391,000 for damage, 149,000 through buff over 10seconds)
    NVB: 630,000 (through buff over 15 seconds).

This also has risk vs reward. When you have to stop attacking you lose 14,900 per second when you do not attack with the buff. On NVB you lose 42,000 per second. At the same time, since NVB has a stronger buff it means that it’s more beneficial to players with higher dps while lower dps players benefit more from WoP or even their power set SCs. Prec DPS would also benefit more from NVB than WoP.

But then comes other factors. The faster a player can regen SC the more beneficial it is to use lower cost SCs. Throw in an EoG healer than that benefit leans heavily towards shorter CD powers. This is why you see multiple dps using double SC builds and/or using 2500 SCs instead. While these SCs are far weaker, they allow the user to utilize EoG a lot better.

NVB does become better but only for a specific range where the dps is using better dps loadouts/rotations without using EoG, without using an EoG healers, without maximizing SC gain (SC mods). In the current meta, if you’re sitting on max SC than you’re losing damage.
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Looking at EoG the damage values do change a bit. EoG take 20% of damage dealt within 6 seconds and sends it back to enemies. So looking at the base number they would look a little like this:

WoP: 391,000 with 14,900 per second for 10 seconds
    EoG would be active for 6 seconds. This means 5 seconds worth of buff and 1 tick of the burst (since the first second is used for the WoP casting).
    This is 465,500 that would be down during the EoG circle and 74,500 done outside of the EoG circle. That’s an added 93,100 damage through EoG.
    WoP EoG damage turns to 633,100

NVB does 42,000 per second for 15 seconds. NVB being a buff means that it will be active for 6 seconds during EoG and 9 seconds out of EoG.
    252,000 damage would be dealt during EoG and 378,000 outside of EoG.
    This leads to a boosted amount of 50,400 through EoG.
    NVB EoG damage turns to 680,400

This of course changes through higher DPS. At least to a point where you would be sitting at max SC with NVB.
    • Like x 2
  13. Ingrando Well-Known Player

Just played today using WoP and I was getting 150k crits on 5 sparring targets. In the new alert I basically one shot adds with WoP alone. It’s more immediate damage compared to Neo
    • Like x 1
  14. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

its definitely hitting well for my might dps.