Confirmed [Nintendo Switch] Loading Forever After Specific Quest Trigger

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Andraste Warrior, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Andraste Warrior New Player

I've had multiple characters become unusable/unloadable after a specific quest trigger in the quest to retrieve the Crime Bible.

After entering the first area, defeating the Crime Boss and interrogating him until the "Leave the [area]" mission appears, attempting to leave results in an infinite loading screen. Attempting to close the game from the Switch home screen results in the Switch producing a dialogue "Game is closing" (or similar), followed by, "The game closed unexpectedly due to an error", indicating that it's stuck in a busy loop and not responding to signals.

The game opens fine, but attempting to load the character that was stuck results in the infinite loading screen again, along with needing the forced termination.

I'm going through the game again with another character so I can be more specific about the details, including the quest name and exact triggers completed. Given that it's happened to me with a hero and a villain character, and with two characters in a row, I believe it's reproducible.

I can continue testing this over the weekend with different characters/details, but you can imagine it's quite time-consuming...
    • Like x 1
  2. WildFox New Player

I was experiencing the same issue, I was going through the Crime Bible quest, defeated the crime boss and then when I tried to leave, it left me in an infinite loading screen and I had to force closed the game, I went to see if it affected my other character but everything seemed fine but when I tried logging in to AeroStrike, name of the character, it led me back to the infinite loading screen again.
  3. StingRay0729 New Player

Im stuck too! Hopefully, they find a fix for this issue soon.
  4. Andraste Warrior New Player

I've created a new character with the following data:

Name: Reproduces Bugs

Alliance: Hero
    Mentor: Wonder Woman
    Power: Nature
    Weapon: Dual Wield
    Level: 22

Current Mission: Intergang War
    Objectives:
    • Intro Message
    • Break into Intergang's penthouse and see what the Underboss there knows (Completed)
    I have not used the Journal menu to Complete the mission yet.

Headlines:
    • Faust Flees
    • Soul Survivor
    • Giganta Falls Hard
    • Harley Quinn Hampered
    • Beauty Beats Beasts!
    • The Doctor is OUT
    • Weeds Whacked
    • Sin Don't Win
    • Deathstroke Denied
    • Lantern's Light
    • It's a Big, Scary World Out There
    With this combination, leaving the Intergang Penthouse causes the infinite loading screen.
    I'm going to create a new character and try to complete the mission through the menu before leaving the penthouse.
  5. WildFox New Player

Tried getting back in, hoping the issue was fixed, no luck, still kept me in a VERY long loading screen
  6. Andraste Warrior New Player

Tried again with a new character, completing the mission from the journal menu before exiting the building, still shows the infinite loading screen.
  7. Alwilly473 New Player

I'm having the same issue. I haven't started the crime bible mission on either of my two characters., but the one having the issue is my ice villain character. After I collected some items i wanted to send over to my other character that I left in the house of legends, I teleported there to deposit them and switch characters. When I tried to go back to my villain character, infinite loading screen. I haven't with the other character, but I am not going to risk it.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are working to address this issue, but for now have figured out a way for our support team to help rescue your characters. Please open a ticket at https://help.dcuniverseonline.com for assistance (if you have not already).
    • Like x 1