Remove artifact swapping from the game pls ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tomazo, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Proxystar #Perception

healthier and fun for everyone, means everyone, that means there's likely to be some level of compromise unless it's deemed just too game breaking to leave it and again I'm not Ranmaru so after his investigation he may choose to remove it entirely or counter to that he may choose to do nothing at all.

Again, he didn't side with anyone and yes I do agree that things should be better balanced, as you know I support casual swapping and have said in the past they should just put a cool down timer or such on the last slot ;)

Everyone always knee jerks though to the "rip it out of the game" offensive :D lol
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Just accept it mate, controllers aren't batteries anymore, they're buff trinkets :D
    • Like x 4
  3. Controller Devoted Player

Oh I accepted it...compromised a bit....with the exception of Sweaty Tac Swapping which I'll never do.

You, Deity and Illumini beat me into submission lol.
    • Like x 2
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Excellent, don't make me beat you more :D
    • Like x 1
  5. Capt. Retro Well-Known Player

Thank you for your response to the thread. Your insight and candor on this and other topics on the forums is highly appreciated. Take care
    • Like x 2
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

For the love of DCUO, YES PLEASE
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Geeeet Guuuuuddd!!
    • Like x 2
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I don't think anyone is really against swapping as much as they are the potential scope creep if raids start developing to further challenge those who might cry 'too easy' as a result.

Personally if the only way to make an Elite raid 'easy' is to spend 80% of the run in your inventory...yeah, your opinion is tainted.

I can't believe that E+ is an early precursor to that, you know because Elite 'critical' was probably too easy for the sweaty swappers.

But thanks for the reply. Always nice to get a devs opinion, even if it's kind of non-committal at this point.;)
    • Like x 3
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Hey did you see my idea a few pages ago? When those folks were trying to figure out a button that can be assigned?

"Hold the B/Circle button down to get that menu? Dang just realized that could even be incorporated with the "effect only" 4th slot, if that becomes a thing :eek:"

I then realized that the button is used for cogs/pickups... bUT that's still not so bad because it just simply wouldn't trigger the menu when doing such tasks (or the fact you don't have to hold it the entire time so it would simply disappear). What you think?
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You already have enough slots. There's Slot A for Rao, Slot B for Power Harness or Claw and Slot C for "TetraCogEOGDKSStone".

Geesh...how many slots you need?
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, it might work, but as circle is part of powers/utility belt too, it might cause some issues. Personally I say change the camera pull in/out elsewhere and put the L2+R2 to bring up the Dpad, like armory. You can pick one of 4 pre-assigned slots to drop in the 3rd arti slot. They'd be able to put a cooldown on it that way too. Maybe the same cooldown as the out of combat armory...like 30-40 seconds.

Just need to figure out where camera goes then.
    • Like x 1
  12. Controller Devoted Player

I'd love to know what circles you run in...I personally haven't run with Harness in a couple of years.

My "standard" Buff Controller loadout is Claw, Rao and tetra / and or Cog. Sometimes I've had to run with Claw, Tetra and Cog. To heck with debuffs, lol - who needs em:D........especially from a 200 level Rao Amulet?

[IMG]

"Burn Baby Burn!!" = DPS mantra in DCUO - at the expense of Controllers, Healers AND Tanks soon - you watch.

My standard Power Controller loadout is BoP, Rao and Scrap of Soul cloak. This is my "Bigfoot" loadout - because it is SO RARE nowadays lol.
    • Like x 1
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

What do you mean? I'm starting to think the controls might actually be different entirely than on Xbox lol

Like you then said L2R2 in which is our trigger buttons that holding both brings up the armory menu. Unless you meant the other two, for me called L1R1, tried messing with those but the block button and target lock made it screwy.
  14. flashnip New Player

Not sure if you're serious or just overexaggerating with the nerfing it into the ground, but to me if you nerf it into the ground it ruins it also for the people who don't run with EoG people constantly for everything. I'm not disagreeing with that it could use some tinkering, but i do find it kind of funny how this artifact never actually changed, but now that it's the meta it's all of a sudden OP. I remember ''back in the day'' you couldn't pay the (sweaty) dps's to stand in your EoG circles because it's ''their damage'' and they're scoreboard chasing and now those same people are (ab)using it like crazy causing a potential nerf.

For the subject at hand and to an extent also to what i wrote above, it could also help if gameplay isn't constantly balanced around what a select group of people are doing, what artifacts are the meta, etc.. I'm not disagreeing with things needing work, but i feel we're constantly having to nerf one thing or another, i'd rather remove the entirety of the artifact system, but i know that's not gonna happen.
    • Like x 2
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Oh I was over exaggerating, I didn't really mean nerf it in to the ground, it's an artifact that needs massive re-balancing though because it's realistically the root cause of a number of problems in my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Pretty much what he always does. Last time a mepps made a post on art swapping he changed what was said and spread it as facts to try and push his hate for art swapping. Same thing he wants to do here. Just like he literally just did by saying there would be changes made when. I such thing was claimed by a dev regarding art swapping. All that was said was they are aware of it. Same thing that mepps said a while back.

Why would I be angry? I don’t even take you seriously. I’ve asked you to show proof of arts swapping having become a problem and even laid out a very simple way for you to prove it. But you keep refusing to do so. Maybe because you are wrong?
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Sooo let me get this straight... You are not upset about his posts but yet... They still bother you? :p
  18. CodedKills Well-Known Player

Coming from a “sweaty tac swapper,” I agree that tac swapping widens the gap of player skill. And as a main dps, I find this to be one of the spots where the fun is. People are at different skill levels because they’ve practiced and want to get there. Personally, I like to be as effective as possible. If I know that by swapping an artifact(s) I can give my group more stats to do their roles better I will or if swapping an artifact(s) has the potential to increase my overall damage by 10% I will. And I’m having fun the whole time I’m doing it because that’s what I like. If that’s not you then just don’t do it. Why must the “non swappers” force their practices on those who want to do more. An artifact swapper doesn’t hurt a non artifact swappers feelings until the end of the raid when they look at the scoreboard. But both people made their choices so live with the results.

I also agree that Artifact swapping has without a doubt dramatically increased the damage output from dpses, which can be unhealthy for the game. I think that if damage output is becoming an issue then the artifact themselves should be taken a look at and not artifact swapping as a whole. Know the artifact that your putting out and it’s ins/out especially in relation to swapping to ensure that it isn’t game breaking.

Another note, artifact swapping brings up underperforming metas/powers. As of right now if you want to be a top precision dps for artifacts you need trans/eog/strat and scrap/dks to tac swap. For might dps if you want to keep up with or do better than prec you’ll likely need the previously 5 mentioned as well as flute/solar amp/amulet/etc and be fluid in the swapping of them. I’m not gonna debate on the fairness of this because that’s another topic. As a might player, without artifact swapping I wouldn’t be doing near as good as precision.

*One of the best ideas I’ve seen is combing tetra/cog. Buff trolls are usually swapping 3-7 artifacts so this would help make trolling less swap intensive.
    • Like x 2
  19. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

as someone who is an authority on ridiculous messages, you would know

Raven, just face the fact that most people that play this game are terrible at this game
    • Like x 1
  20. zNot Loyal Player

changes are gonna happen for the health of the game or do have a issue with a balanced game enviroment?