Iconic Powers revamp or new powers added anytime?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Punkpirate, May 8, 2022.

1. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

Hi,

Well we know no more new powersets, but why has the iconic power tree been ignored basically for 12 years?

There are so many iconic powers in the game now via all the dlc, why cant we get them? Or new artifact that enhance every single Iconic (if we cant get new additions after 12 years ;) )maybe like the Eye beam?

The Iconic tree is something that could be amazing if it gets new powers/revamp, visual changes like clown box why it exists even still , most pointless power in the game probably sadly.

Imagine :

1. Omega beam (that cool animation we get on duo boss in latest dlc) could be heat vision variant etc
    2.New metal batman guitar solo
    3.Harley bombs etc
    4.Aquamans tentacle move etc
    5.Blue lantern moves from PVP heroes
    6.ANy move from any PVP hero basically would be nice addition, catwoman whip etc

I hardly believe there are any restrictions to iconic powers like omg they cant do blue lantern powers because DC says so or licensing issues -.-
    • Like x 5
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Panderus mentioned a few times recently that new iconic powers and updating existing powers is on their to do list. They just don't have an ETA on when that could happen.
    • Like x 3
  3. Civil Well-Known Player

well if they wont release a new power after 5 years, power revamps, like in BDO where they recently did class revamps, should be done. A couple extra powers, balancing all dmg.
    • Like x 1
  4. Siramez Well-Known Player

stats revamp happened in 2017, was a disaster until artifacts came which made it even more disaster :)
  5. Civil Well-Known Player

no no no, not stats revamp, power revamp, and balancing the actual power dmg, similar to bdo, each ability has certain number of hits it does/can do times the number of enemies it hits. it would take time, proper time and dedication but it would be amazing. But it wouldn't happen so allg.
  6. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

Can just copy paste dmg numbers from other sets to keep it even, if all dps should be equal xD
    But meant more new powers as there are so many ingame now, but wont be added to iconic set sadly.
  7. Civil Well-Known Player

Balancing + new powers, I've said above.
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I've been saying for a LONG time that they need to bring back the 2nd Tier of Iconic Powers that became available at Level 23 or so.

Some of those, like X-Ray Vision, could still be useful if updated correctly. Others have been replaced by the current Stat Points System, and so this opens up the opportunity for MORE unique, player requested powers/attacks, such as the following:

1) DEADSHOT'S WRIST GUNS! Come on now, we finally have the Hand Style based on Deadshot that lets us show the guns, LET US USE THEM!!! Just have it be a volley of fire from the guns, similar to other gun-based powers you see in Munitions, Hard Light, and so on, and make us happy!

[IMG]

2) WRIST ROCKETS!
    Same deal, some of us play as characters for whom wrist-mounted rocket launchers are a signature weapon, so let us have this!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

3) GAUNTLET-MOUNTED FLAMETHROWER! Gadgets gives us that lovely Cryo-Foam Attack, but leaves out the Gauntlet-Mounted Flamethrower that is its natural opposite! MAKE IT SO!

[IMG]

4) SHOULDER-MOUNTED CANNON! Look, we already have the Back Style in the game, and Earth 3's Alexander Luthor gets to use his in missions he appears in, let us use ours, too!

[IMG]

5) SHOULDER-MOUNTED ROCKET LAUNCHERS! We already have 2 or arguably even 3 Back Styles in the game that show our characters having shoulder-mounted rocket launchers, LET US USE THEM!!!

[IMG]

Those are the big ones for me right now, I'll post more if and when I think of them.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

I think that they are making Iconic Powers updated via the Artifacts system. We have Solar Amplifier for Heatvision, MERCY Amazotron Matrix for Robot Sidekick, and now Heart of Isis for Word of Power.

It's sad, as there are a lot of powers they can tap into. Like, just grab some from the Legends characters for starters. Two-face's mowing spray attack? Robin's staff attack? So many options.
    • Like x 1
  10. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Also the Clarion for RSK as well. Always interesting to see the unique animations and moves of each power’s RSK as people around me use them.
  11. PolarisSylar Committed Player

If new powers for inconic tree , dcuo could use existing powers from legends pvp characters. And put them in iconic tree power
    • Like x 1
  12. HumanoidThrills Well-Known Player

This for sure!
    • Like x 1
  13. HumanoidThrills Well-Known Player

Maybe it's just me but I love the direction they've been taking with the game. Is it perfect, absolutely not. But, the new things they've added (Allies, Artifacts, Augments) have been good additions. One issue I have with the way things are right now, is the lack of respect for my inventory. As more content comes out this is going to get worse. Please get ahead of it.
    • Like x 1
  14. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Can we at least get a few reskins, please? Since this game has tech, meta and magic characters, it would be nice if the latter two could have a suitable iconic pet power, even if it used already existing animations, from other pets, or mobs.

Maybe also a choice of colors of HL shield and HV, since they are popular and it doesn't seem a palette swap should be to taxing.
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Hard Light Shield is colored to match your First Color Slot! Want to change the color of your shield? Then change the color in Slot # 1!
    • Like x 2
  16. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Cool, thanks. I'll check it out.
    • Like x 1