Hero - Villain Dilemma

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MetehanWayne, Oct 15, 2022.

1. MetehanWayne Active Player

Going to make a "villain" character called Dracula. But never been on villain side so, I'm afraid maybe there is nothing to do on villain (do not get me wrong villains). I need your opinions. Thank you.
  2. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Villains rule, heroes suck.
    • Like x 2
  3. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  4. MetehanWayne Active Player

And what do you think? o_O
  5. GermanM Committed Player

There are not much villain´s in the servers right now, if you make one you must know that you will suffer more in LFG and leagues will be less and smaller in comparison with hero side.
  6. MetehanWayne Active Player

I'll probably play solo but I don't know, too confused.
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I have a couple villains, but I don't play them often because I don't think this game does enough to delineate the stories. To be honest, even if it did, I probably still wouldn't because I tend to gravitate towards acting heroic. I have a bit of a hero complex in real life. ;-)
  8. GermanM Committed Player

Well, that´s an option, but be careful don't get bored in the process,
    Also you would be able to run omnibus and stuff, but farm feat´s and do some endgame things will be a little complicated (sometimes even in the hero side is hard). If you´re ok with that go for it.
  9. MetehanWayne Active Player

But even if I play solo, I need other players to keep going right?

Edit: Also I see a lot of villain characters choose the hero side as well.
  10. GermanM Committed Player

Villain side is a mostly dead faction to me, and that´s sad, sometimes i have been tempted to make myself a villain too, but i know i will be hard to do some thing´s.
    Yeah, some heroes do, but i believe they use then as alters in a high percent of the time.
    Until dev´s improve the way villains use LGF been villain is not an option to me, like i said, sometimes even in hero side we have hard...
  11. Kozzie New Player

Heroes rule villains drool.
  12. Random Mind Dedicated Player

If you are going to make Dracula, he has to be a villain otherwise don't call him Dracula, call him that guy from Twilight, Morbius or maybe Louis from Interview with a Vampire, save the Dracula names for people with the courage to play as villains.

People complain that the villain side is dead but the only reason it is dead is because people are afraid to do a little bit of extra work to find groups or maybe build villain leagues. The villain side would be a lot more active if the people with evil names and evil looks would actually play as villains. I mean seeing Jason Voorhees and Michael Myers cosplaying as heroes in front of the Lil' Bohemia station makes me want to pull my hair out.

Be Brave... Be a Villain.
  13. Random Mind Dedicated Player

The villain characters playing as heroes are cowards pure and simple. They may say that there was that one time where they helped the heroes, but that's an excuse for them being afraid of putting in a little bit of work, which would be less work if all those villains playing as heroes were actually villains.
  14. GermanM Committed Player

What about the dracula of Lords of Shadows?
  15. GermanM Committed Player

Guess we can have different thoughts, but i will not recommend anyone make a villain mostly because is a decision that cannot be reverted, so if you lvl up a toon and all your friends leave you will be stuck in the less populated faction in the game.

Im not saying i like the current situation, but being hero is more practical given the low population issues we have in some servers.
  16. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I say just make the character you want. Can’t hurt to just try it out. If it doesn’t work for ya, you can always delete and make another character instead.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Villain side used to be fun when the storylines were somewhat separate, now most missions are just the same as hero, so really it boils down to the communities. I'd say make your villain and while you are doing some leveling missions, keep the LFG up and watch it. It's great if you want to buy gold or MAYBE run an endgame raid...or spam maybe...anything else? Good luck.

The villain side is much more clique-y. If you aren't in a fat league, or have a good friends list, getting things done relies on random queue or your own ability to build a group...and even then, it's tougher than hero side. Now...granted, because of the smaller player pool, IF you can get in that good league, you'll probably do fine as pound for pound, the villain side might have 'better' players...but if you can't get 7 more to run a raid you need, not sure even the best player in the game makes much difference.
    • Like x 1
  18. Random Mind Dedicated Player

If you are talking about the Castlevania series, I haven't played those games, but if you going to be play that version of Dracula, why not call him Gabriel Belmont instead. As I said before, just because a villain was a hero that one time, does not make him a hero. Dracula is a villain.... period. Different writers may write him more sympathetically, but almost everyone would say the real Dracula is a villain. I mean Dracula was inspired by Vlad the Impaler not Betty White.
  19. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Again, to shy away from playing a villain does not help the villain side be more active, the villain faction needs more people not less. If you want to be a hero and cosplay as a vampire, you can create your own custom vampire, or be Morbius or Louis from Interview with the Vampire, but if you are going to use the name of Dracula, he should be a villain. Make a Van Helsing hero and a Dracula villain.
    • Like x 2
  20. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

At some point the villain side and hero side will have to be merged. Or there will need to be a warning when starting a villain character: "Low Population. Play at your own risk". We already have suicide squad grouping in both PvP and PvE, common hub, practically the same content in new episodes for both factions, so they just need to unify the old feats and allow cross-faction grouping and chats.
    • Like x 1