For Those Who Buy Gear To Salvage For Prestige

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FoolsFire, Oct 3, 2022.

1. FoolsFire Devoted Player

If you're like me and have to buy gear in order to pay for the League Hall Mainframe take note. I usually buy the Typhon Invasion Chest style multiple times. But with Tempus Fuginaut 30% discount it's better to get the gear there while you can. If you're going for two amenities a month that's 50,000 prestige...

Typhon: Rao's Warrior Chestgear - 701 prestige / 9 source marks = 77.8 prestige per source mark
    50,000 / 701 = 72 piece of gear x 9 source marks = 648 source marks

Tempus: Hexing Emerald Tunic - 526 prestige / 6 source marks = 87.6 prestige per source mark
    50,000 / 526 = 95 pieces of gear x 6 source marks = 570 source marks

648 - 570 = A savings of 78 source marks.
    • Like x 4
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Always look at the Hand and Foot gear first.

Typhon: Rao's Warrior Gloves (or Boots) - 351 Prestige / 4 Source Marks = 87.75 Prestige per Source Mark
    Tempus: Hexing Emerald Gloves - 281 Prestige / 2 Source Marks = 140.5 Prestige per Source Mark
  3. Rejchadar Inquisitor

How about I give you a piece of advice that saves you an extra 200 marks? Each "Catalytic Soliution" gives 14 prestige, for 1 mark from the Atom (seller) you buy 10 "Catalytic Soliution", 50000/140=357 marks.
    • Like x 7
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

This is how I keep the DPS lights on in my league
    • Like x 2
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I'm going to have to check out this "Catalytic Solution". So Atom sells it in the HoL? Thanks for the advice!

Also, on this same subject, do we still actually truly receive any benefit from the league buffs now?
    • Like x 1
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

On top of that, even if you were buying gear for prestige instead of catalytics, you are better off buying the waist (I believe). The chest does give more prestige but they also cost more. I did a breakdown a while back if prestige per mark and found the waist hand or feet (can’t remember exactly which one) gave better prestige per mark ratio.

The only reason to do this is because this saves you in cash while the solutions save on marks
    • Like x 3
  7. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Theres even "better" option only because it doesnt cost any source marks. Only ingame cash. Source marks are way more valuable than in game cash in my opinion.

1 Soder Cola enhancer = 9000$.
    99 Soder Cola Enhancer(1 stack) = 891.000$
    20 stacks SCE = 891.000x20 = 17.820.000$

1 Soder cola enhancer = 7 prestige.
    20 stacks soder cola enhancer = 13.860 prestige.

Following the 50.000 prestige comparison in this thread, it costs 64.3 Million for 50k prestige with soder cola enhancers.

I see people selling 999 catalytic solutions for 50 to 70M in broker. Thats only 14k prestige. Soder Cola Enhancers for the win.
    Note: Soder Cola Enhancers are not tradable. Also try to buy Soder Cola Enhancers from base R&D vendors. HOL and Watchtower/Hall of Doom lags badly.
    • Like x 1
  8. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

That might depend on the platform.... on some servers it's a (mildly said) considerable sum.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That was going to be my suggestion too. No need to wait for a sale and no inventory bloat as they stack unlike gear. Opening stacks of boxes take a min, but marks wise...I'd say it's the better option.

Gear would only win out if you have toons that need a style feat. Obviously if you also pick up .5 SP from completing a set, then donate that set for decent prestige...that's a win, even if it's just saving 5 replays on an alt in the same league.
  10. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

Oh damn i thought only my league is dieing but it looks like its whole game :)
    Good job with dealing with lack of prestige but why we got this prestige at 1st place ? Who ask for it ? Who's idea was it ?
    Im asking becouse some of my and my friends toons who were in league they are no longer in some how and now funy part we cant quit or join other league or even create new league thats how bad this whole system is .One big bug with auto refresh and it happening a lot so we have to deal not only with lack of players who left the game but also with sily bugs . No wonder people bying prestige for milions or source marks . Im tired of never ending "why you kicked me from league" drama ! all becouse devs cant fix this bug for years !
  11. inferno Loyal Player

So much math...so which ones the best one? JK.
    thanks for the info.