FoS3 change in marks killing Necropolis...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Emoney, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Emoney Dedicated Player

Like the title says, people are now farming Necropolis, demanding everyone skip adds, and locking people out of fights with a huge mob. Its popping in Omnibus darn near everytime.

This is unacceptable imo. I've even been locked out as the tank because I refuse to do this and fight adds by myself to save a new person's life who had flight and cant skip.

Yall wanna run it like that, make a group imo, dont use omnibus.

Seriously killing all adds, 7 mins for a run.

Skipping adds 5 min 30 secs.

Is this really worth it? Guess the devs need to cut down the marks in here too.
    • Like x 10
  2. Emoney Dedicated Player

We are supposed to be role playing as superheroes here, can we act like it????

Disregard if you are a villain lol.
    • Like x 5
  3. Proxystar #Perception

So you're asking for Necropolis to be made 6 marks as well, I agree they should.

[IMG]
  4. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

Hey that minute and a half adds up. If you run it just 40 times you’ve saved 1 hour.
    • Like x 3
  5. Emoney Dedicated Player

Lol, well, I'm wasting one minute of your time cuz I'm letting it time out everytime that raid pops for now on.
    • Like x 2
  6. Emoney Dedicated Player

Maybe they need to retool it so that one minute of raid time is one source mark, and caps at 10 marks. Then, no one will try to speed run at the detriment of the group.

Edit: And the marks only pay out once the raid is completed. Gear can still drop per boss.
  7. Operation Failure Well-Known Player

Here we go again.
  8. Sghoul Well-Known Player

I wouldn't mind the areas that people skip content if they would do a better job communicating it to the group. But I am like you, if I see stragglers, I go back and help. I am well aware that there are newbies playing the game, and they won't get better without help and communication. And letting them die alone certainly won't grow the community.

That said, I just wish the devs would fix content that allows skipping so you can't. Plenty of the new stuff has walls that won't open if you don't clear the chaff.
    • Like x 2
  9. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It isnt hard to skip adds. They'll learn after the first lockout. You aren't helping them by staying back there with them... you're just hurting the group's speed. If you wanna larp like "No man left behind!" maybe you should form your own group instead of wasting everyone else's time.

The raid is currently being used by the community as an efficient source mark gather grind. It doesn't exist as an outlet for your personal idealistic fantasy of heroism.
    • Like x 2
  10. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Yeah, let's incentivize groups standing around for 5 minutes doing nothing to run the clock and collect their marks. Room temperature IQ right there.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Ya wanna run and kill every single trash add in raid? Make a group for it imo(good luck forming that group), dont use omnibus.

Obviously majority of group skips and that upsets you and you felt like left out of content as a tank. You feel empty while tanking those easy a** raid adds while nobody killing them right? Solution? Leave the instance.

If you wanna feel tanky and experience the tanking in its core go try some elite content where people will beg you to tank every single add.

The argument of skipping or not skipping adds in a OLD A** content is no brainer. Not just this thread, in all forums.
    • Like x 2
  13. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Ya know what's funny, is that some guy was forming a group for Necro with those exact requirements, he wanted to kill all the adds. I said "screw it, I'll join" because I needed some marks to buy dionesium and the other materials for artifacts. It actually went pretty fast, mainly because the group had halfway decent DPS, usually sub-6 min runs.

As for Emoney, you are at the whim of whatever the omnibus gives you. It's majority rules. If the group collectively decides to skip adds, then skip the adds. Otherwise, add every one of them to ignore so you don't get in a group with them again. IDK what to tell you. Form your own group.
    • Like x 1
  14. GermanM Committed Player

I have no problem in skip ads, specially in regular content, but at least have the courtesy to say: "skip add´s" in the group chat, doing that people who are in omnibus and are new will know what to do.
    • Like x 3
  15. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Usually, they just rudely proceed ahead skipping the ads without letting others know if their intentions.
    • Like x 5
  16. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

They shouldn't need to tell you to skip adds. You can literally see them doing it in the same amount of time it would take to glance at your chat box.

You see one guy running ahead? Ok... we might be skipping, or this guy is going to die brutally.

Two? We're probably skipping.

Three? Lets go!

No need to be so dramatic about it.
    • Like x 3
  17. GermanM Committed Player

Is too hard write two words in the group chat? Or just one... Just "Skip"
    My god...
    • Like x 3
  18. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

No, but apparently it is too hard to think on the fly and adapt instead of expecting other people to spell it out for you like a child. Worse yet even... is the need to complain about it on the forums if they don't.
    • Like x 2
  19. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

On the plus side, it would probably discourage people from grouping with speed hackers. :D
    • Like x 3
  20. GermanM Committed Player

The normal course of action in a instance is kill all the add´s to advance because sometimes if you let even one alive the door to the boss will not open, so is normal to people think that they have to clean all the area from adds, of course we have also instances that dont follow that mechanic and allow players do things more faster, like i said im not againts doing the skip. But just to help someone who might be in the instance for the first time and dont know what to do would be nice let them know they can skip.
    • Like x 1