Advice for "Nearly Pacifist Party" Feat

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kinetik Gun, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Kinetik Gun New Player

Ok, we've been trying this for almost 2 hours and people are getting frustrated.
    We have been tanking Blackfire in a corner. The group stays on other side of the room, using only single target weapon/spells. No artifacts equipped, etc.

Our problem is Starfire. She mostly stays on the boss, but randomly either jumps to the adds over on the tank and does an aoe attack, or when adds spawn, she goes straight for a new add and kills it.

How are we supposed to do this when we have no control over Starfire, and she kills adds no matter what we do?
    Why would they make a feat that an NPC can ruin? Makes zero sense =\
  2. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

Single target dps and take out all your pets and pet type artifacts...we got it in 2 tries I think
    • Like x 2
  3. Proxystar #Perception

As above, you really want to have the tank over in the corner and preferably with a set up that does minimal to no damage themselves in order to tank, so shields that don't reflect, try limit or avoid crono use as well because that still does damage and try to also limit pulls to only when necessary as they also do damage.

Absolutely no pets, at all, whatsoever, so this means power pets, trinket pets, artifact pets - take it all off.

The DPS then want to largely speaking damage her only when shes in the middle away from adds, if you get a stray add then all damage dealers should stop doing damage and wait for the add to go back to the tank.

Every single damage dealer also wants to have just single target DPS powers, absolutely no AOE powers.

At the very beginning its a good idea to all orbital her as well before the adds come out as well as all pulling out a Krypto, Krpyto is a strong short burst ally, he'll be gone before the adds appear.

it might take a few tries.
    • Like x 3
  4. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

I didn't even think about tank or troll stuns/damage. I think we just had 1 heal and 3 DPS being very selective w/ their damage
    • Like x 1
  5. Eve YouTuber

Yeah, I was Electricity tanking while everyone used ST damage on Blackfire. You start with the big damage (Orbitals) and as soon as adds show up you switch to single target. We got it on the second try (First try was with an actual tank lol)
    • Like x 2
  6. Kinetik Gun New Player

Thanks all, we are doing what you guys are suggesting, but still having the problem we had all along, Starfire. She is killing adds.
    Our tank has started kiting a circle around the room as it has made the adds less likely to die to her leaping attack, but we haven't made it past 80% without her killing one.
  7. Eve YouTuber

I am pretty sure she is supposed to target Blackfire, so it sounds like a bug to me. You could try report it in the Arkham Asylum section and see if a Dev can chime in and possibly check it out.
  8. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

have you tied w/o tanking? maybe the adds are going for the tank and getting caught in the Starfire crossfire. I didn't even realize she did any real damage in there. LOL
    • Like x 1
  9. Aetrius Well-Known Player

Have the tank grab the adds, not Blackfire. Tank goes to back right corner, group stays near the door. When you get the alert that more adds are coming out, DPS stop burn and the tank grabs the adds and goes back to his corner. I’ve done it multiple times that way.
  10. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

We've done it with 1 tank + 3dps or 2 tanks + 2 dps. The important things are:

1) DPS should not have any damage circles because adds can spawn near Blackfire. No pets or artifact pets as they can attack anything in the field, not just what you're targeting.

2) Tank should have a rotation of non-damaging powers (HL shield; breakout; weapon buff). You also cannot block (mod or not, a block counter can do a lot of damage). You can do 1 lasso (non-artifact) pull per add initially, but the non-damage rotation only after. The best corner to keep them alive is the one with the couch because getting them there buys you a sec if they try to walk away.

3) OK to use orbital + Krypto/HoLbot + SC as first strike, but not after that.

4) Optionally a second tank can take boss to opposite corner (opposite couch), but Blackfire is more scripted than not.

5) Ignore Omniblast to preserve positions.

Good luck.
    • Like x 4
  11. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Ive soloed it as a battle tank for 5 or 6 groups of friends.

i make my loadout pure single target and stay right on blackfire so no adds can get in between my attacks and I let them beat on me as I kill the boss. I usually can get my group the no death, the pacifist feat and the no blast feat all in one run (its better with less players inside, so i ask everyone to stay down the hallway to not get pulled into the fight via cutscene). You have to consider making sure you dont block and dmg adds, take off blast adapter, not carry chrono emitters, and not spawn any pets that use ANY AoE attakcs. The adds have like no real health pools so caution is key.

if you see me online, just send me a tell and maybe I can help you get the feat.
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I just did this a few days ago for a friend, using a CR skip atomic switching to tank role doing nothing but hitting Taunt. As long as everyone is using single target attacks and have no pets out... Should be fine.
  13. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

When I got it, I did so just kinda fist fighting Blackfire since a lot of my character's loadouts were multi-target attacks. So I guess just scrap with her lmao.
  14. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Keep in mind that flurry shot is a line of fire. It doesn't matter who you're targeting. If something is in that line... it will take damage instead. If you're been in there that long... it has probanly caused at least a few fails.
  15. GermanM Committed Player

The healer should pull the add´s, not the tank, adds here have too little life and they kill them tfast. Is not a easy easy feat, but it can be done if people coordinate.
  16. Kinetik Gun New Player

Thanks all, we ended up getting it after almost 3 hours. We gave up and let the tank be the only one to damage the boss with single target spells, while kiting slowly in a circle around the room. The adds just followed the tank around, but the boss sat mostly in the middle. The kiting kept Starfire from killing adds.
    It took 15 mins for the tank to kill the boss while we just sat in the corner of the room and healed. I'm sure it's not what the devs intended, but it's a dumb feat, so whatever.
    • Like x 1
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I should add that this method took 5 minutes... For anyone interested.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Congrats, I mean all that matters is you got it and if it works, it works ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. VariableFire Loyal Player

Thanks for this, took a few hours to find a group that wasn't pet pewpewing, including one time a person decided to walk over and deliberately kill the ads I was holding but it worked.
    • Like x 1
  20. El Presidente Well-Known Player

Wasn't able to get it before the seasonal ended. At least one add always ended up dying. Looks like it'll be one of those feats that's relegated to the pile of "never going to get". Overall, a very frustrating feat and in my opinion not a good choice to have in a seasonal.
    Congrats to all those who did manage to get it.