Test Discussion I love DCUO so, it's the Witching Hour 2022 Rewards!

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Red Five, Sep 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imaginos Dedicated Player

People hoard the candy needed from the year before and will complete all the base and item feats on day 1. This happens all the time for every seasonal and inflated prices, especially extra-high inflated prices for few items is rather pathetic in an attempt to make people grind the seasonal. Add more items or just let people be done with it in a week or whatever. If they're a new player they have plenty of feats to chase after like finding catwoman which will take 13 days or whatever it was.
    • Like x 2
  2. King Bakes Well-Known Player

I agree with you, I was just saying I don't think the devs will change their stance on this. But having said that is it even the devs who decide the prices? Could be someone higher up making the decisions in order to maximise replay badge sales. Either way I think they should lower the prices and make items tradable... I just don't think they will.
    • Like x 2
  3. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

I have been waiting for this seasonal all year as I want to get the 4 Boo trinkets to use on my sorcery build, but just a couple of things...

1. Can you put theBoo-tility Belt on the vendor as you used to get this from it dropping in the vault but as that's no longer there is no place to get it from.

2. Can you make the Boo trinkets at least account bound as if I have to get 4 Boo's then I need to use alts to farm that number of marks as they are 50 each.
  4. PolarisSylar Committed Player

The vault returns every seasonal event

1.the last years boo tility belt drops in vault and the onduty event . So run the event & the vault.

2. The last years the boo trinkets drop account bound in onduty event and it drops boo trinkets account bound in the vault.

3. Also boo trinkets also drop in pumpkin treat bucket

So it already does that in dcuo .
  5. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

The Spooky Ghosts Accessory is twitchy (blinks in an unintended way, and is shaky when flying). Additionally, the Accessory is bound to your toon's right hand, so when you fly it centers on your hand instead of your body. Bind the Accessory to the chest or hip bone instead of the hand. (this also should have been done on the Valentine's aura).
    • Like x 2
  6. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

I feel a bit better about it now then. thanks or the info

Devs can you update the item level for the Boo-tility belt cos using it means I will lose something like 1000 might as the item is so old now.
  7. myandria Item Storage

Well, I think it is more about 'nudging' players into "purchasing" the seasonal currency from the marketplace. With these higher prices, there is little chance anyone would get enough base items to help decorate one lair on resetting the missions for the currency alone.

In previous years, yes the prices were lower but players still played the game until the end of the event because they wanted as many of those items from the seasonal vendors as possible for decorating and/or selling. In my opinion, it is how fast the feats can be completed that determines how long players engage in the seasonal events.

Some players collect the base items just to sell them at higher prices on the broker; they are not interested in decorating their lairs. I think that having them account bound is an oversight on the dev's part; why would they not allow players to trade base items between one another or sell them on the broker? Do they want to prevent players from charging sky-high prices for them?
    • Like x 2
  8. Reluctant Well-Known Player

Thanyk you for taking the time to respond:)

The bag that the undead trick or treater passes out, is it the same as the one in the vendor? because I meant to ask about that as well.
  9. beardrive Committed Player

Hi! It's Branthar (No one was able to change my name to Branthar on here and it's been a couple months and so we move on with real life, as I continue to exist with that name and that's the end of that).

I've read most of this. OH DEAR.

It's important to say that as Branthar I am a base designer, I've posted about 20 bases on Youtube as "DCUO Basemaster," and this affects me personally. 20 bases times 700 items is 14,000! I've placed a lot! Find someone to do the math over the cost of these seasonal base items and they won't even bother to do the calculation. They will laugh at you.

I really don't think you care about promoting your product. Why would we pay YOU to promote your product? A number of us painstakingly create beautiful bases and we show them on Youtube because we are artists and it's fun and there is a community of people who want to see them. We find no value in items we cannot use and we are not getting paid for this so why would you gate them like that?

I certainly am not going to spend much coin on anything! Every year it's 6 coin for old, and 10 coin for new items, account-bound, with a special proviso for larger/iconic items being 10 coin or more. Ask the old developers before you who have previously been producing base items for seasonals. It has been that way every year now, and it should be this way this year.

I didn't comment much on Titan Seasonal as the base items weren't any good and i used only 2 of them in a new base. 2/700 so I am farming marks hoping for better items for next year. This year St Patrick's had me wipe the event completely for 3-4 different reasons. I bought a few old items and moved on.

Those crappy Christmas hats last year? 50 coin? No problem. I wait till next year. Next year no price reduction crappy hats? Oops! My main has currently about 3-4 SP he could have bought over to max out his SP, if it still mattered; and because it doesn't that SP gets dropped onto alts to make them more playable as 137/740 max SP is gameplay-wise and mathematically irreconcilable with 740/740. So only completeists and extreme outliers will bother feeding their addiction of .10 more SP. Most have abandoned SP now and just play regardless, and the forums are rife with complaints about that. But all inflationary systems pop and so eventually SP will be devalued like the peso by removing a digit or two if it is to continue.

No one is going to congratulate you for making items more and more inaccessible--they are just going to not bother with them anymore, like head mods, and base mods (A PAID for lair amenity! I PAID for that and now i don't use base mods anymore because of it). Many other in-game systems I have abandoned as no-play secretarial zones paywalled, playwalled, or frankly just boring folderwork. SAD.

You want extra money for something we already paid you to create. Why would we do that?

One more thing. I don't know about anybody else, but I'm getting a bit tired of yelling on the forums about things that have such a basic level of competence as to drive me insane. You tried the thing, it was wrong and obvious and now needs to be fixed before it goes live or NO one will be able to place those large aquarium Windows properly when the summer event launches! I should check to see if that happened.

This was not rant in any way. I have just spent about an hour offline in the game I was playing to write this, DCUO. Why am I having to write this at ALL, and why are we having to scold adults for actions that are so obvious as they appear ridiculous! Peer review suggests that when the servers go live we may have some positive feedback for you. The above is clearly not. perhaps the feedback below will be.

If I don't have ANYTHING to do at all, I will do nothing; or, worse yet, do it elsewhere. But i guess that would get rid of my complaining...
    • Like x 1
  10. beardrive Committed Player

I forgot!

BTW that fog can easily be tinted poison yellow, blood red, puky green and festive purple for Halloween and can be added in about a day for 6 Spooky Bites each!

That's 4 more base items that no one actually cares are clone-stamp tooled!

That's actually the stuff we'd LIKE to see clone-stamp tooled.

Thanks.
    • Like x 3
  11. Imaginos Dedicated Player

On that, I have no idea. Sorry :(
  12. Reluctant Well-Known Player

my apologies, it is not a bag , it is the trick or Teekl buckets.

I thought the undead trick or treater passes out the trick or Teekl buckets.

But wow, is it true that filling up that bucket can yield a nimbus aura?
  13. Eve YouTuber

Also, any chance that if not this year - next year we will get either Zombie or Vampire henchmen? That would be an amazing addition. Thank you!
    • Like x 2
  14. Imaginos Dedicated Player

I think the teekl buckets are only available during halloween. The Trick or Teekl base item passes out candies to fill said buckets. If you can get the aura it would be stupidly rare. You can check the wiki and see if it's listed there maybe?
  15. beardrive Committed Player

I appreciate that people liked this reply more than the " non-rant" State of the Nation diatribe I posted previously. It shows people care and they are excited, and that's the cool thing about all of this.
  16. Designated Well-Known Player

Request: base items tradeable.
    • Like x 3
  17. Doctor Wyrd New Player

I've seen some really nice diabolical wings on several characters that someone told me were from the Halloween event. If this is correct, will they be available again this year and from what source?
  18. Eve YouTuber

If you have a picture of that it might be easier to help you find those wings.
    https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Hallowings_Style
    You might be talking about this and I am not sure they are available anymore.
  19. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Specifically, these wings are on the test server. cost 10 spooky bite. They are among the products for 2020.
    • Like x 1
  20. Eve YouTuber

Thank you, wasn't sure about these specific wings, but figured this might have been what he was talking about
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.