For the love of DCUO, Thanks for SM devs!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks devs for Survival Mode (SM), I actually enjoyed this season of SM.

I think the only thing that tainted it was the speedhacking and that's what I'd rather the devs work on for the next one.

I think the 6 man was fun and added a slightly different dynamic, I enjoyed the toned back bosses that weren't doing ridiculous one shots on every block break which I think made for an infinitely more enjoyable and less frustrating and toxic experience.

Was it slightly easier than last season? Sure, but, it was also infinitely less toxic and elitist which SM has traditionally had a tendency to create as a by product of some of the overtuned bosses just leading to cheese tactics to beat them resulting in the endless crowing and raging from various corners of the community.

Completion of SM still required mechanical compliance so it wasn't like it was being completed by players lacking communication either (outside of them speedhacking)

With the introduction of elite+ content, I think it allowed SM to sit in a slightly better spot in terms of expectations and think this particular SM was far better in terms of player engagement over the wider community, which is what it should be achieving as a successful seasonal as well.

Thanks for the SM, I enjoyed it and I hope the next one is similar, bring back 6 man as well :)
    • Like x 8
  2. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

In the end it was actually good. Looking by one side, the difficulty made many top players not have a reason to run it after day 1 or day 2, on the other more people managed to participate, since we didn't get any new content in a while it helped keeping the game alive.

I think the solution to satisfy both is adding 10 more bonus rounds for the top players but the reward is just a title and extra chips.

I hope they manage to bring us a new map for 6 man. We also need more base items and stuff like that
    • Like x 1
  3. Random Mind Dedicated Player

SM for me was a both good and bad. The good is that it made me want to make my main character even stronger so that the next time it came around I would be able to complete more rounds.

The bad is that I hated seeing rewards that I will never be able to get, such as the chrome spheres and the material because even if I do get my character strong enough to complete the SM, I won't be able to get those rewards because they are locked now. If SM is going to be like a seasonal, I wish you would be able to have access to all rewards from past seasons. So for next season, if you complete level 25, you would have access to all level 25 rewards from past seasons. This still doesn't mean everybody would be able to get them, because you would still have to be able to complete those levels to get them. To me it feels like the Superman emblem, I see people using it and I know I won't be able to get it, however with SM rewards, DCUO can do something about the gatekeeping.
  4. Eve YouTuber

Really enjoyed SM this year, did 1-12 rounds. It also helped me focus more as a healer. Definitely met some awesome people, too.