New Epic Collector's Capsule!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

If this is meant to drain our stabilizers that some players have been saving but also drop the economy in the broker with eventually common gear and collections then bravo well played Devs? This feels like a very lackluster capsule if I'm being honest. And again like the previous Booster Bundle it feels like gambling for an item we might really want but definitely won't get.
    • Like x 3
  2. ZORELDA New Player

When you have this time capsule special , why don't you have the daily stabilizer ? You should run that so people can actually open some. Daily rewards do not give enough of them .
    • Like x 3
  3. DCUO Post Loyal Player

That's not how a business works . . .

Either way, not going to bother opening Epic Time Capsules.
    • Like x 2
  4. Kaladin Well-Known Player

Yea I opened a few, got nothing but collection pieces... This is just a money grab and a terrible one at that. I'll put my stabilizers into older caps for things Im missing.
    • Like x 2
  5. nawanda Loyal Player

Really pleased to see that the odds for the different groupings of item rarity are in the tooltip for this one (previous/standard capsules quoted <1% for the rarest stuff, this one actually says 1%), this is a step in the right direction. I hope all future capsules’ tooltips will provide the exact percentage chances in this way.
  6. TheDudeOfSteel New Player

Seems like terrible luck to me. I admitedly opened quite a lot, but, I scored the madness aura and the black and white neon chroma pack, along with almost all of the gear I missed out on. I get that not everybody splurged on this TC because it has a pretty steep price for rereleased stuff, but in my experience I've been pleased with most of the ECC I've opened so far.

Having said that... I can see how this would be a bad deal for players who already have most of the items in there. I'm willing to bet it won't be long before we get a shiny new TC with the upcoming Black Adam DLC. I only hope that paying 3 stabilizers a Cap won't become the norm.
  7. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

I had like 18 stabilizers so I opened 6 didn't get a thing that I could collect that I didn't already have .really in order 4 me to open this tc it needs Guarantee a drop i don't have cause I opened atleast 150 to 300 dollars on each tc and the loot table 4 this 1 is to wide a variety to not have me pick this older tc over just trying my luck on the original tc'seven now I check the broker and find no collections show up for my main and I know there is some older tc items I don't have so this tc is a flop for me
  8. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Collecting all of your stabilizers in epic fashion
  9. SppeMtoN Active Player

THEY SUCK AND BROKE THE SHARED BANK....FIX THE SHARED BANK ... WHOOPIE
    • Like x 1
  10. Ember New Player

Can you pls fix the shared bank pls I have stuff in there that I need pls and thank you
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

And if it was like me they were collection pieces you already had for items you already completed. What would have been better was if you were able to choose between four or five boxes. And then open them to get a collection piece. This way you'd narrow the RNG down a bit to be in your favor.
  12. Designated Well-Known Player

Can't remember a worse capsule
    • Like x 2
  13. ChaoticAngelKitten New Player

This capsul is crap unless we have a shared bank to share the items between characters. I’m not wasting my money on this crap anymore.
    • Like x 1
  14. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

Hi,

I was just adding this capsule to the DCUO wiki and I cannot resolve ''Enhanced Forbidden'' gear and ''Dark" emblems'.

There was a Dark Knights Time Capsule, which had no emblems. So, are the Dark Multiverse Emblems meant here?
    As to what might be Forbidden gear, I have absolutely no clue.

Can anyone please enlighten me as to what might be meant with those?

https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Epic_Collector's_Capsule

Cheers,
    AP
  15. JasonIsley Devoted Player

there was a dark multiverse tc and forbidden gear was batman who laughs style i think.
  16. Jcal Dedicated Player

The Dark Emblems originate from the Arcane Time Capsule. Zatanna Emblem, Raven Emblem, etc. I'll link the official Arcane Time Capsule announcement post that refers to them as the "Dark Emblems."

https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/news/dcuo-kingdom-time-capsule-2017

Just to double check, I pulled up a youtube video of someone opening an Epic capsule and the Madame Xanadu Emblem was in their loot picker.

Forbidden is one of key words DCUO uses for their gear boxes. Enhanced Forbidden = Enhanced Laughing Knight, which originates from the Dark Knights Time Capsule. It's the Batman Who Laughs style.
    • Like x 1
  17. Jcal Dedicated Player

Lex TC was weeks ago, lol. ;)
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, wish they would quit this dopey practice. Have the name of the style be the name of the gear. It wasn't any fun when we had the unattuned/unopened boxes dropping in content, and it's not fun with TC gear.

And pick one...its 'gloves', or 'gauntlets', or 'handwraps' or 'bracers', or whatever else they want to call them...just pick one and stick with it. Or place them in the 'armor' sections so we can filter by each body piece as needed.....once we figure out what the style set name is.
    • Like x 8
  19. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

I hope the price to open gets lowered, I hope it doesn’t last that long and I hope the Circe capsule is incredible.
    • Like x 2
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I opened a few, gave it a try, figured "hey, this could be like a new take on the Resurgence Capsule, could be good!" It's not. It's utterly USELESS because I still haven't gotten anything I needed! The standard Resurgence Capsule would have been much better, everyone likes those, just stick with those in the future!