I think it's long overdue for materials...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by thedemonocus, Sep 14, 2022.

1. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I think it's long overdue for materials to be unlockable for our alts.

Please make this happen.
    • Like x 9
  2. Caroline Dedicated Player

Definitely needed.
    • Like x 4
  3. mynch457 Well-Known Player

The Devs have stated, multiple times that we can not unlock materials on our alts as it's a tech issue. Not going to happen. It's definitely no bueno, but nothing can be done about it.
  4. UT Firefly Well-Known Player

technical issue? nice one they just wanna get the max of money with random drops at the booster bundles and the tc´s
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

6. UT Firefly Well-Known Player

7. UT Firefly Well-Known Player

8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You know this game was built over a decade ago with not a whole lot of foresight?
    • Like x 2
  9. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

That answer specific to 'Style Unlocking.'

They could easily create an account bound token or voucher that would allow us to unlock materials we have already collected on one character on ALL of our other characters. It could be something as simple as we match the token or voucher to the material we wish to unlock on our other characters then trade that token or voucher to our other characters. The only limitation might be unlocking materials on characters in the other region (US/ EU.)

I personally have completely given up ever getting materials on my alts unlocked or collected. I will never pay for them again as I already paid for them the first time and I have better things to do with my life than play The Broker trading for billions to afford the asinine asking prices there.

The time for materials unlocking for me was years ago. On the upside, at least they offer some really nice materials on a few of the episode vendors. Now all they need do is have a 10x currency week so players can afford them.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yeah sure maybe if the studio was in Fantasy Land and not in Austin.
  11. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

It'd be nice in our monthly rewards we'd have a gift item of something we've gotten on other toons that could be given to our other alts. Materials could be put into that category. Not saying it'd be the most expensive or rarer materials but make it like eventually old styles unlocks and Second Chance vendor and have the option of making old materials dispensable from our base vendors.
  12. UT Firefly Well-Known Player

i know the game came out 2011 no need to think at some point you you are the only veteran here ;) but some of us think about suggestions and some of us only need attention...let me ask you something were was the first or lasttime you was think about stuff to make the game better as it is right now? all i see from you is you come in threads to destroy any last hope of gamers who still care about this game who still try to find ways to make things better
    • Like x 2
  13. SpideyTest New Player

Lol glad someone’s pointing it out. This was one of the reasons I’m quitting dcuo. There are these few forum bots who literally live here to argue with other players lmao. Any suggestions you make will be instantly targeted and there will be no suggestions, just arguing and trying to play politics so they look good to the devs.
    • Like x 3
  14. Jcal Dedicated Player

I have no basis for this, but I really feel like the new system Panderus teased back in February, the system that got postponed, is (or was) Material Unlocking.

I could just be fantasising here (of course I am, lol), but it makes sense given DI's current strategies. I think it should be crystal clear to players that DI is all about the easy $ right now.

* Booster Bundle Remix - nothing new; just bring back old stuff
    * Epic Time Capsule - nothing new; just bring back old stuff
    * Resurgence MC - minimal new things; substantial old stuff

(Nearly) universal Style Unlocking was an easy way to get players who wouldn't normally bother with Replay Badges to spend on something that's already there. Don't forget that this line of thinking is relatively new for the team as for years we'd beg the devs for more waves of Style Unlocking. Naturally, you gotta wonder if with that renewed focus, did they they perhaps start brainstorming/planning on how to tackle Material Unlocking?
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I've been very vocal in threads regarding power balances, overdue bug fixes and PvP balance. You know things that can actually improve and repair broken gameplay. Not things that make it easier for you to play dress up.
  16. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Sounds like you think such a solution is beyond the capabilities of the current Daybreak Devs. I disagree. I think they could easily put this in place by next week if they wanted.

Don't forget to buy lots of Stabilizers now that the new Lottery Box takes THREE Stabilizers to scratch off. Win big!
    • Like x 1
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Unfortunately we don't know the size of the team for sure, or if the team that was working on the cancelled project that was brought to DCUO is up to speed, or if any hiring needs they still have have actually been taken care of.

We can all have different thoughts, but unfortunately we as players just aren't in a place to actually know for sure.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You're forgetting that they're understaffed and behind in their regular content schedule. You're not a developer for Dimensional Ink so your opinion on what's 'easy' is nigh irrelevant. If there was an easy solution to the OP's suggestion it would have been implemented at the start of the style unlocking and they would have made a killing selling Replay Badges.
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Many of the original players were drawn to this game from City of Heroes. The primary draw to that game was that it was fun for players "to play dress up." Styles are important to a pretty significant portion of the player base, and anyone who looks at prices on the broker to see what items sell for the most money would be aware of that.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I understand people enjoy playing with costumes. What does any of that have to do with expecting possibly non-existent solutions to technical challenges from an understaffed studio?