New Epic Collector's Capsule!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Getting only one reward for three stabilizers is a bit steep. As you guys said at least with Resurgence Mega capsules you get 9 boxes for 7 stabilizers. And although different in set up in Booster Bundles you get extra rewards (although many criticize those options) when you buy one. Here it really feels we're spending a lot of Stabilizers on the chance at gambling for rare stuff like the Black and White Neon.
    • Like x 2
  2. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

And with that in mind, I'll wait a few days for the collection I want to show up on the broker for a stupidly low price.
    • Like x 1
  3. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Finally my wallet can rest for a month.
    • Like x 3
  4. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

These new capsules do give a better chance... at a NEAR MISS. :mad:
    • Like x 1
  5. Sword- New Player

My wallet has got a chastity belt on it now, you're gonna have to take me out to a fancy restaurant or something if you want the key to it. If you were hoping for a quick, dirty "microtransaction" in the alleyway, you'll at least have to come up with something a bit more imaginative than a shallow, uncreative cash grab. At this point DCUO is like some bygone ex that still wants alimony payments...
    • Like x 4
  6. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
  7. GermanM Committed Player

Another capsule. That is exactly what the game need...........
    No.
  8. GermanM Committed Player

Is funny and ironic at the same time how this happen in a Superhero´s game xD
  9. Cable Girl Active Player

ANd no weekly bonus just a blatantly obvious cash grab on top of a boring as seasonal. Oh well looks like i can have another week of chilling not playing. Definitely not pulling my wallet out for this. Nice try
    • Like x 1
  10. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Nope, not even a nice try. "Blatantly amateurish try" maybe...
    • Like x 1
  11. Tolly Committed Player

12. Tolly Committed Player

So that's what this studio's capacity for content in this game comes down to? capsules and allies? it's gone way down DCUO...
    • Like x 1
  13. Doctor Impossible New Player

Epic Item 100%
  14. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Kinda surprised since we usually have the current capsule for another few weeks since they're rotating Lex capsules out so soon too? This might be the quickest capsule cashgrab we've seen in the game
  15. LanternGoddess New Player

First off I'm completely ok and encourage anyone playing,paying or collecting anything they don't want to from this game. The amount of money you could've spent on this game over the years could lead one to extravagance. This is possible in most games as you have a choice to consume whichever entertainment you want.

However, I'm not sure that some of you clearly read what this capsule is offering. It clearly states that you will be optioning an "Epic" item or better to collect. This eliminates over 3/4 or more of the collection pieces or emblems that are possible in the complete collection or set, thus the rationale for the higher stabilizer price per each. Plus many emblems of this status are attached to a feat which is a bonus to the actual item. There are many examples of paying more for quality items compared to standard items that most of us do in everyday life.
    -Food
    -Clothing
    -Shoes
    -Furniture
    -Tools
    -Kitchen Utensils
    -Warranties
    -Bed Mattresses
    -Household items (Cabinets, Paint, Flooring, Wallpaper, Appliances, Coffee Maker etc..)

It's always up to you as to what you do with your time and money but at least know exactly what you are reading, viewing, listening to, and talking about before criticizing anything or anyone, this should apply to everything that you do and decide in your life, it would make this world a little more tolerable if everyone did just a little more.
  16. myandria Item Storage

Hmm.. Agreed. 3 stabilizers for a chance to get "one" Epic reward at the same RNG drop chance as a TC that costs 1 stabilizer is a bit much. I would feel better about if the cost was 2 stabilizers and older Epic/Legendary items from 2012-2020 were in the loot table. Time capsules that cost 3 stabilizers should have 2 guaranteed rewards; for example, one opened TC (the newest one) and one guaranteed Epic item.
    • Like x 1
  17. BatgirlS2 Level 30

The drop rate on the guaranteed epic or above sucks. Epic drop rate is too high in comparison with legendary/exotic and they only drop gear or emblems.

Better off buying those on the broker or opening their respective TCs/ resurgence.
    • Like x 1
  18. sebfm Well-Known Player

That is actually a real nice surprise
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

We get Time Capsules for about 8 to 12 weeks.
    There were exceptions like the Shazam TCs that lasted much longer.......

We got the Lexcorp TC July 7th..... so about 10 weeks??
    • Like x 2
  20. Trexlight Devoted Player

Apparently the Epic TC are on the Space and Time Vendor for $250. For those not wanting to wait for drops and have the money to do s