New Epic Collector's Capsule!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Kreachure Committed Player

Bring back the stabilizer duo permanently
    • Like x 4
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Shaded Comic Material came from Boo$ter Bundle$, not Time Capsules, that's why.

Devs, just you make sure the items are FULLY TRADEABLE like they're supposed to be! :p
    • Like x 5
  3. Capt. Retro Well-Known Player

Exactly what I'm thinking. What are the percentages for this one and how does that expected value match up with things like Mega caps or just opening the regular ones.

I mean opening 7 of these will cost you 21 stabalizers, while using 21 stabalizers on mega caps will net you 27 Time Capsules. Even compared to older counterparts, it will be interesting to see how much more value these offer in comparasin because it already takes a lot of TCs to hit on some of the better things so unless these do in fact deliver on 3x the value on average then I don't see the point in spending on this instead of the originals or Mega Caps. Especially if only the "first" of the three shown rewards is a guaranteed "epic" rarity...why not all of them if this is a more expensive TC?
    • Like x 1
  4. Friday New Player

Daybreak has to be the most stubborn gaming company 2nd to EA. Devs don’t listen to a ******* thing the players say. “We want a new power” but offers a new chroma. “We want balance in PvP” and offers a garbage seasonal. “We want balance in powers” but instead offers a new aura.
  5. Reluctant Well-Known Player

Will these stack up to 99 or take up one slot each, and do they expire after 15 days?
    • Like x 2
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

It was announced years back, when Water launched, that it would be the LAST new power! The Devs stated quite clearly, and repeatedly, that the game would NOT support any additional powers beyond what it has now due to the limitations of the Game Engine.

See that box near the top of the page labelled "Search"? Try using it sometime! ;):p
    • Like x 1
  7. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

The idea behind it sounds interesting, but the 3 stabilizer cost kills it for me. At least with the resurgence mega capsule you get 9 unlocked TC's for the price of 7 and you get a new style item. I think if it would have costed the same as a regular TC, people would have been much more excited about it.

Also I think more details are needed here, because if the odds are basically the same for getting a gold or legendary item as any of the previous TC's, why for example waste 3 keys trying for a Black/White Neon Chroma in this TC that has the same odds of dropping in a TC that would only cost you 1 key?

Thankfully I have everything from all the TC's so I don't have to worry about this 'new' one. But hopefully more info gets added here and good luck to all of those that open them! :D
    • Like x 5
  8. an81angel Well-Known Player

I'm going to pass on this. I already have the things I wanted from the previous TCs. The only except being the BnW Neon Chromas. I see NO PONT to opening this TC just for the chance at those. Especially not at 3 stabalizers a pop.
    • Like x 1
  9. Julian Vane New Player

We were overdue for a better way to acquire items from old Time Capsules, especially collection items, and this sounds like a good idea but 3 stabilizers seems excessive.

Normal capsules already have a 30% chance of epic items, I guess the idea was 3 times the cost for 3 times the odds? But with 3 times more epic items, it negates the tripling of the drop rate for each item, leaving us with increased cost for just more variety.
    • Like x 1
  10. DCspawn87 Well-Known Player

So have the drop rate for rare items increased at all? I’ve opened a ridiculous amount (well into the hundreds… feel free to laugh, I laugh at myself tbh) of Sixth Dimension TCs and I have yet to see Superboy’s Poke Bowl.
  11. Stardazer Committed Player

Weren't we supposed to get a Circe themed Time Capsule next? I remember someone saying a while back they're mentor-based, and with the previous one being Lex Luthor - that leaves Circe. We had Knight of Vengance (Batman), Sixth Dimensional (Superman), Wondrous/Drowned Amazon (WW), Joker's Legacy (Joker), and LexCorp (Lex).

Or I assume it might be after this filler time capsule?
    • Like x 2
  12. RahRah Active Player

Yeah... All I can say is I'm not wasting 3 stabilizers per, or Daybreak Cash on these. Rather save what I have for an actual new capsule. Bit of a cash-grab joke if you ask me. If it was a guaranteed exotic collection then that might have made it worth it, but giving you a chance at getting epic (28.8%), legendary (2.8%), or exotic (less than 1%), means you could still end up with collections you already have and have no worthwhile trade value. Also, it's not made clear if it includes all collections from all capsules - Saying it "includes" doesn't help, just make it clear. Saying "And more!" has never meant anything.
    • Like x 1
  13. iEddyGaming Active Player

Hi! Excuse me, just wanted to say..

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

HARD PASS!! No real value ESPECIALLY for 3 stabilizers..
    • Like x 1
  15. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

Yeah very hard pass.

Opened about 10.
    One loot list was all emblems.
    Got the same choices three times.
    Got 1 gold collection. Was a collection I haven’t started and don’t really want the reward. I hope it sells.

Not really worth it sorry.
    • Like x 4
  16. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

The value simply is not there and I won't be opening these at all.

To all players considering this, remember:

1. all of these items have existed for a while, so no new feats
    2. the cost per capsule (3x stabs) does not justify a guaranteed epic
    3. the next resurgence will bring B & W neon into the quark vendor, therefore, don't gamble trying to get one here, be patient
    4. if you are gullible enough to open, none of these collections will have any value on broker whatsoever within a day or two
    • Like x 2
  17. Elceetu New Player

Wth here we go again. You say it’s not pay to win no it’s pay to dress up lol. Another money grab. Look people Daybreak or whatever other name you choose to call them could care less about players. All these damn things should be purchasable in the marketplace…but then they wouldn’t make the money they make off the capsules. Membership is a joke, but like many of us I’m addict d to the game. Be nice if they at least up the membership rewards. Like many people I’m a 11 yr vet of the game from Beta. Bought the disc then it was obsolete, ehh like I tell people if you don’t like the game don’t play it. but like any relationship once you become invested in something it get harder to separate yourself from it. My proposal Daybreak how about really hooking up your veteran players. Give the Newbs the full monthly package and give members the package for the whole month. I mean really another whatever you call this capsule. Don’t raise anymore capsules just make the items purchasable. After awhile you lose in the end. I mean
    Really do you even care what we say? Ugh ehh 5yrs to get an item is horrible in game politics, and the in game money and pricing is outrageous items in the billions wow, and we thought buying the Captain Cold Hood for 50 mil was crazy later gang
    • Like x 1
  18. STsource Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  19. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

If I could like this twice, I would
    • Like x 3
  20. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Kind of too bad we didn't get the Stabilizer Duo back either for first week of Homecoming or when this "new" capsule drops at least for just a week. Dimensional Ink has been really stingy with Stabilizers recently obviously most only getting theirs from the Rewards.
    • Like x 1