"Rainbow Gear" and mixing role with DPS gear

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, May 25, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

When what they are doing means I will fail a run (like a heal wearing all DPS gear and artis), yeah....I worry about it. BUT...as long as you are ok being kicked, or everyone leaving, I'm fine with the 'let them do what they want'.....it goes both ways you know...right?
    • Like x 1
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Meh....none of these things is required for doing a role on it's own. Their addition or loss really has nothing to do with the problem at hand. DPS...sure, it makes a difference, tank even....but I'm not sure I want my healers or trolls worried about block break or lunges and 'block' is a stupid easy mechanic to learn...it's 1 button/key. WHEN to use it is different and varies from run to run so that tutorial didn't really help with blocking other than making us aware it's a thing.
    • Like x 1
  3. CharlesQuester Active Player

I know this is an older thread....but I can confirm they changed the layout of the intro Braniac ship. You had to climb or fly at some point early but they took that out. It is also IMPOSSIBLE to die on the ship. My little child was playing since she could do some basic stuff. She was surrounded by adds and she wasn't attacking anything. Superman came WITH A HEALTH BARREL and broke it near her toon bringing them back to full health!!
    • Like x 1
  4. Emoney Dedicated Player

Ok, ummm, this is what I do, let me know if you think it's ok lol...

I'm fire. I have three armories. One is straight Dps, might stats with dps gear and dps artifacts.

The second is straight tank, with focus on health, resto and dom with tank arts and all tank gear.

My last one....is the exact same as my full dps, all might, all dps gear, and dps arts...BUT, I am in tank stance, with melee powers and two healing powers that do ok damage. The benefit of this are the heals, high health, and I still do about 75% of the damage I would do in dps stance. It works great for solo elite, or anytime there isnt a healer but still need damage. It lacks the dom so I dont interfere with the real tank, if there is one. It works for me, and adds to my ability to stay alive in sketchy situations. Some people freak out when they inspect me, possibly thinking I'm a horrible tank lol, but that's not the point of it.
    • Like x 1
  5. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

LMAO, the mental image of that is hilarious. Do wish the Iconics would do that in other parts of the game, though, where ya may actually need it. That and rally you. They can rally each other sometimes, like Huntress and Canary/Harley and Ivy in the Clocktower raid.
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's even better than that. If you go through the first door where the iconics show up, there are about 3 spots you have to move things forward...otherwise go make a sandwich and come back 15 min later and the iconics will clear all the adds for you. You only really need to help a few times to open the next section when separated by a closed door....they will do the rest.

"Tutorial"....you bet.
  7. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Been asking that on and off for years. Role specific gear is rather stupid but then that steps on the OP gears toes, though the stats would still be higher on OP gear, so there is that. Just do away with role gear and roll (heh) all the stats into a singular set of gear.
    • Like x 1
  8. CharlesQuester Active Player

Dear lord....I had no idea it was THAT bad!!
    • Like x 1
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

As a new player, it's detrimental and part of the learning curve.

As an end-game player, mixing Roles and Gear is the secret to successful Battle Roles. I don't think it should ever be completely banned.
    • Like x 3
  10. CharlesQuester Active Player

For your viewing pleasure....

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/1Yvzr1iL788
    • Like x 2
  11. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

LMAO, the way he just appears and just drops it like he's so done with this new hero and wondering why she's just standing there while getting beat up like that. :p
    • Like x 1
  12. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

You get Might, Precision and your power's support Augment only until you reach a certain level of SP. After a decent amount of SP put your points anywhere you like. Newbies shouldn't be allowed to Rainbow Aug until they know what they're doing. Anyone new or inexperienced shouldn't be attempting to do any "Battle Supports" and if you disagree then remove the clamp then. Most underperforming players I've ever seen ALWAYS have rainbow augs, no exceptions.