Which feats do YOU use your replay badges on?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rygor, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Rygor New Player

For those of you who create new characters and skill up, which feats do you usually use your replay badges on? I'm trying to figure out which ones are the most difficult so I can get some sort of strategy on where to start working my way through...

What's your strategy?
  2. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

i work older to newer dlcs and i first unlock 1 and 3 star feats before moving on to the next, the exception to that is when its a counter feat like the reaper ko count in DLC2, those get unlocked first run thru, after that il unlock TC feats in general (open x whatever tcs), i dont usually mess with style feats but when i have its been for a gear set that would improve the characters CR in a significant way, so i then get a discount in whatever marks are in use for that gearset.
  3. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

I usually save my Replay Badges on the off chance that an alt somehow earns a Feat that my main doesn't have and then unlock that Feat on my main. Otherwise I don't normally use Replay Badges on alts. Except if I get bored and want to gear them up to close to my main and then I will unlock the style discount Feat so they do not need to spend as much episode currency.

Although I will admit that when I created my EU character (I'm US PC main) I did spend a few Replay Badges just to give that character a few Skill Points (10-12 as I recall.) And years ago when I use to spend thousands of dollars on DCUO I did buy A LOT of Replay Badges to bring an alt up to what was my main's level at that time.

I wish I had those thousands of dollars back. They were a complete waste. Lesson learned - don't spend that kind of money on DCUO (or any other MMO for that matter.)
  4. spikeat Well-Known Player

Unlock the 1 and 5 stars first.

1 replay = 10 feat pts and 5 replay = 50 feat pts
    3 replay does not equal to 30 feat pts, instead it's only 25 pts, so you're losing 5 feat points which can add up if you buy a lot.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kreachure Committed Player

long grindys feats, hard raid feats, seasonals. Typically easy feats and style feats i dont unlock.
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I'll unlock vendor feats that come with a discount as needed across my toons. At the start of a new DLC I assign an alt the task of completing a set of vendor gear while working on putting together the OP item on my main while also saving up marks and renown for the elite set. During this period I purchase no vendor gear on any toons except for that one alt until the full eight pieces are collected. It's fun. If I'm patient and don't spend my marks all my toons jump from purple drops to full sets of tier gear all at half cost, my main gets the benefit of the feat without ever having to spend a mark on it and can go directly to elite gear after the OP item is made. I will make a few exceptions here and there spending marks on vendor accessories and the like if i get cr stuck somewhere opening loot boxes.

I also use alts to work on specific style feats if its something that suits them and not my main character. Materials, Chromas, Hair styles, auras, etc. I'll unlock those on my main while being able to use those resources on something more productive.

I'll unlock grinding feats on my alts when they need a quick upgrade. legends pve feats, gathering and crafting feats, seasonal base item feats. It's best to focus all that onto one your main character rather than spreading them out in terms of best time management. Even then I hold off as much as I can as my top alts will pop a lot of the lower feats through organic game play over time. I like having all of my characters earn as much as they can on their own.
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

For regular year-round content, anything that I can earn through regular gameplay (gear, content-specific feats) gets left alone.

For seasonals, I'll usually choose one character (maybe more, depending on the style items involved) and concentrate my playtime on getting the seasonal items for that character and unlocking the feats on the rest of my characters. Helps prevent getting burnt out on seasonal events when they roll around. :D Same goes for styles and feats that might come from TCs, and I'm using the same philosophy while getting episode styles like a material from the Atlantis content because I don't need every character to have something like the Golden Age material.

It can be a little expensive, but seeing as how I never really use Replay Badges to replay content, I've managed to save quite a few over the years and do take advantage of the occasional Marketplace sale if I feel like I'm running low. Booster Bundles have helped with that as well.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Any feats that cannot be gotten through just running content semi-regularly. On my alts I did hit all the WV 50 count bounties, but I bought the 100s the day they hit 50 as I know they'd never get another 50. Same with salvage/collect feats. Feats like the OW Doomed DC counts, will pop eventually as I run them periodically anyway.

The other 'skill' based feats doing a particular action, or special mechanics (like 'don't kill' or 'kill x number') where you really need to go out of your way to get them, I'll buy on alts or if I get it on an alt, I'll buy on my main as I don't expect to get them repeatedly on alts. I generally won't unlock speed feats, no deaths (individual) or 'hard knocks' as I generally will get them on alts over the course of a DLC.

The only other ones I'll unlock are style feats where having the feat grants you a discount on gear purchase. Most DLCs have this and generally I'll get an alt the style first, then buy my pieces on my main after the style is unlocked....or I'll skip buying the style altogether on my main or a 2nd alt and just get the next DLC's gear when it comes.
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

PVP.
    Style Feats.
    R&D Feats.

If you're dealing with a limited amount of Replays and trying to get "distance" out of them, anyway
  10. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Discount feats. Sometimes titles if I like them. Whatever feats they get that my main doesn't have.
    That's all, I'm not trying to get my alts max sp or whatever. :oops:
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Style Unlocking is like 99% of what I use them for.
    • Like x 1
  12. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Same.
    • Like x 1
  13. myandria Item Storage

If I use replay badges for feats, I usually unlock the 5 star and seasonal feats first, because they can be a pain to obtain. After that I will unlock some of the older feats if my alt doesn't have them already; at this point it really "pays" to go through the lower level content with an alt to save up replay badges for the more expensive unlocks.

Otherwise, I'll use them for style unlocks (the cheapsest ones) and to reset the Seasonal Vault when it comes around.
  14. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

First, get the rare style 50 feats. Completion feats for emblem sets, collection pieces that award feats, etc. The rare first. The rest you can sort through as you go.

Then, bounty counter feats, unless you want to camp each bounty.
    Season feats that you know you will never get on that character (collect x amount base items or styles).
  15. CraccaGeneral Active Player

Personally, I am lazy so literally everything. I don't care if it is the feat for breaking out for the first time. Haha!
  16. STsource Well-Known Player

DWF - i hate them feats with a passion.
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Long term feats. Like counts on kills, runs, etc.
    Hard feats that I can't do on my main. (My alt is a healer, so it's easier to help out if necessary.)

I also bring up my alts with feat purchasing. The only ones off limits to buying are the sneeze and you get ones. Like, if you are going to be using the alt (and why wouldn't you if you are buying feats), don't buy the augment breakthrough feats. You will get them anyways.