Remove the HUB's WatchTower & Hall of Doom

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by kingmasternova, Jul 30, 2022.

1. kingmasternova Loyal Player

I don't see the point in having it anymore. If there's feat just auto complete them, It would also fix the players who exploits the system to go in the other HUB heroes in Hod, Villains in Wt.
  2. Lowest New Player

I personally like being in the watchtower way more than the house of legends
    • Like x 11
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I dunno, man. I say we keep 'em. I still use both fairly regularly.
    • Like x 4
  4. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, not really hurting anything to keep them. At the very least you can get some good pics of your OCs in the Justice League Watchtower or the HOD. I do wish the mentors were still there, though. I know they're in the HOL now, but I see no reason they can't be in both. I know the game wants to push people to the newer thing, but even if we still go the HOL at the end of mentor missions (though IMO it's much more climactic speaking to them and receiving League/Society status and level 30 in the Watchtower or HOD for probably obvious reasons), it'd be nice if we could at least just like... see the Big 3 in the Watchtower and their respective Big 3 Villains in the HOD. Kinda weird going to either place and seeing all these Iconics but the big guys being strangely absent lmao.
    • Like x 3
  5. Chewy Stuff Well-Known Player

Watchtower still gets pretty busy from time to time and it is a big part of DC lore. I don't really see why it would be necessary to remove it.
    • Like x 4
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

But why remove it? What’s the point?
    • Like x 4
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Im in the WT more often than HoL. I want to see the Watchtower and Hall of Doom get a significant update.
    • Like x 8
  8. Dene Devoted Player

Apparently they contemplated it as part of the intro of HoL but decided against it
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nah, people still like the WT and it (as well as the HOD) has the walk-in points for older missions.

What would the gain be anyway? Let me guess...you are a villain who doesn't like that the heroes can land in the HOD and bother you?

Sorry...that's not a reason if that's it. Fix the glitch, sure...that makes sense.
    • Like x 2
  10. Eve YouTuber

No, why? I myself still use them and I see people using them aswell. There is no issue with having them either and you still get exploration feats, collections, investigations and easier access to some vendors. What's the point of removing them? If there is no issue there is no reason to fix what's not broken.
    • Like x 3
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

It would actually be really cool if they "moved" with the current episodes. For example: for Legion of Doom episode the HoD was floating over Doomed Washington, it would have been cool if you could see it from that perspective whilst the episode was current event. Idk something random I thought about during that episode.
    • Like x 2
  12. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I’m waiting for them to be made into open world instances with missions and bounties. They’re two enormous areas that have been largely unused in PVE content.

I mean, we’ve been to Central City more than Wally West, but very little in our own back yards.
    • Like x 2
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Unless they are actually hurting the game resource wise, I don't see a reason on removing them.

Also, keep in mind, these locations were part of the original, or as the devs put it, legacy code. There is a very HIGH chance removing them would break something. lol
    • Like x 4
  14. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

The JL animated series reference them so it'd be a shame if they were removed I think
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I still like booting around in there occasionally, taking them away for the sake of taking them away would be a bummer.
    • Like x 2
  16. GermanM Committed Player

I love WT, less people around and less lag.
    • Like x 4
  17. nawanda Loyal Player

I prefer Watchtower. I know where everything is, for one thing. It’s a huge part of the history of DCUO, for another.

If you don’t like Watchrower/Hall of Doom, don’t use them. Why would you want them removed?
  18. Dene Devoted Player

the leveling mission with the "secret" area was so cool..
  19. SlipperyRichard Active Player

The house of legends sucks about as much as the other two. But at least I don't crash all the time when in the HOD or WT.

Removing them would detract from the games appeal.

1 Crash since posting this
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The lag and beggars are enough to make me avoid it many days. I generally am there to cash my omnis, pick up things from Rip for STU and a quick mail/broker/bank visit. If I'm planning on standing around a while WT (or better yet my base) is a better option.
    • Like x 4