Test Discussion Survival Mode Season 3

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warped Discord Moderator

So my justification for having Minotaur at round 7 implies that you have to face tank Baron? Noted. I will admit you are pretty great at deflecting responses to questions rather than actually answering them. At least we agree that grey range tanking shouldn’t be a thing so I’ll give you that. And yes, there are better bosses out there in my opinion and I’ll agree with you on that as well but we all know they had to keep dropping the horns as a commodity SM item. It’ll be interesting to see what the other loot drops are.
  2. sebfm Well-Known Player

Not a comment on the content, but just an idea. How about calling 6 players content "Skirmish"?

Second part of the comment, I'm so glad Survival Mode brings this new 6 players challenge, it really adds some cool new group mechanics actually :)
  3. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

not sure if anyone has already said but i thought the first 10 rounds would be easy for low sp and cr players but these bosses have to much HP?? especially ROUND 2!! in the video we went 2 tanks to split bosses and with 2 dps it took us forever to get past round 2?

• Like x 1
  4. appocolyps Committed Player

Bosses have too much HP for gen pop, this was adjusted based on Obsidian Chill's feedback, based on the fact him and his team were heavily artifact swapping, this is where the issues become apparent!
    • Like x 2
  5. Warped Discord Moderator

The heath pools of the NPCs have nothing to do with artifact swapping. The health pools did need to be increased as things were melting entirely way too fast and if you read through this feedback thread, you will see a lot of points have been touched on already for why the health pools needed to be increased. The health pools were adjusted but they were entirely way too high which several players have also noted and a fix should be coming soon for it. This is the whole idea of a testing feedback thread, to fine tune things before it’s released.

The team you mentioned along with ObsidianChill has provided ample feedback in this thread, not based on their skill or their ability to artifact swap, but actual things that need to be fixed (bugs, etc.) prior to it’s release.

I appreciate you providing the feedback that the bosses have way too much health as most other players here have mentioned here but let’s not resort to pointing fingers as to whose fault it is for the health being exorbitantly increased. I think there had to be a low point and high point to test the health properly to get a good middle ground since this is the first time we’ve ever had a 6 man SM (or really any 6 man instance). As stated, there is an incoming fix for this.
    • Like x 2
  6. appocolyps Committed Player

The fact the boss' are being burned in "30-90 seconds" has everything to do with artifact swapping.

I fully understand the idea of a testing feedback thread, hence why im leaving my feedback.
    • Like x 2
  7. Warped Discord Moderator

I ran with groups on test prior to the health buff pass who were completely clueless about artifact swapping and the bosses were still being melted prior to the fix. Trust me, it has nothing to do with artifact swapping. Also, artifact swapping was a thing in SM Season 2 and the bosses weren’t being melted like that even with art swapping. There are open world and event bosses on the live servers who weren’t even being burned that fast. You won’t even notice the difference with art swapping until you start getting up there in the higher rounds where the burn actually matters.
    • Like x 4
  8. not serious Well-Known Player

Can we have an equivalent to phase dodge for all other modes of movement? So that all tanks can have 1 power that absorbs 3 million damage. Otherwise it won't be balanced at all for another sm season,o_O
    • Like x 1
  9. zNot Loyal Player

Its not the first time that the same groups are trying make it hard for others, stop giving feedback while using art swap and meta cheesing and easyier on yourselfs by using every cheese aviable and art swap on this game.

It seems like your superendgame groups want all meta cheese to exist while having then the content scaled for your meta cheese needs leaving everyone else behind
    • Like x 1
  10. zNot Loyal Player

This is how it looks like when meta cheesers want content to be scaled for their needs.
    • Like x 1
  11. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

meta cheesers? i am asking for needs of low cr low sp players my guy they will not be getting past R2 lol with the hp on the x2 bosses... where u getting meta cheesers from? i do not even art swap !
  12. DraHouse New Player

Does anyone have an idea of ​​when the sm arrives, I think that as it is currently it is very good and I would like to know if there is any prediction of coming to the online server
  13. zNot Loyal Player

Art swap is just one part - generally speaking whatever feedback is being provided is done by maxxed out characters with mostly Best in Slot things + meta arts also complaining about health pool and then trying to withdraw your statement for fear of nerf doesnt work its clear that they got overtuned health wise the elitists like to buff health of bosses because they know they tripple the damage output of regular groups.

No further derailing needed so @quitoxic please make sure the health pools are balanced most groups who do SM dont use meta cheesing and art swap to complete sm,Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  14. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I mean... SM is for the maxed out characters, if anything, it exposes what's the current "cheese". Though I agree artifact swapping should have no place during testing. I think it would be nice if feedback providers specified what kind of dps they had and if artifact swapping was used. At this point, it should just be common knowledge that certain testers here who are known to be sweaty do use swapping alongside EoG stacking and gadgets/elec dw bow spam on their day-to-day runs, question is if any of that crap is being used in their testing since they never specify when there isn't a video you can see.
    • Like x 1
  15. zNot Loyal Player

I would agree if the game was actually somewhat balanced,the issue i have is that these players claim they want hard content but in reality they only want it hard for others (let that sink in) because they know they can just meta cheese their way through it with way less effort and skip the intented difficulty by using all sorts of tricks like art swap,every meta artifact like EoG and gadget/elec precision and other stuff to reduce difficulty while others are just struggling because the content is scaled to please meta cheesers
    • Like x 2
  16. Tilz Loyal Player

I think this "art swap discussion" is just wrong here. From what I have seen OC did on his first test (live on stream) Ice Might DPS.. so not really meta. That being said.

Yes ofc SM is hard. It is supposed to be hard. Also The dev confirmed that the health pools are too big and he will adjust them again. That has nothing to do with "meta cheese".

Also:

If bosses in the first rounds go down within 30 seconds and ppl complain it has nothing to do with elitism.. It just doesn't suit SM.

People doing 4times more damage than others? Well then it has something to do with loadout / rotation / arts / gear / sp and actual playing skill.
    • Like x 5
  17. DraHouse New Player

my opinion is that updates have to be made based on the group doing art swap because if you consider that these changes are made based on a group without art swap, it will arrive online with these art swap groups taking 1 min on the boss that should take 30 min.
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Ehhh, ice might since the latest updates is getting pretty close to meta. I can stay in elemental form basically non stop without EoG circles with scrap and quislet. With green circles, all elemental all the time. Now that you can use iconics while transformed, it’s a powerhouse.

So a question for anyone that is critiquing how testing is being done: are you helping to test at all? Do you want testers to go in with weak toons so that round 30 can be beaten by a group of randoms using 120 artis? Cuz here’s a secret: good (not even great) toons will stomp thru sm and it will be the most boring “challenge” ever created.

If you are going to help test, make sure you try every single artifact to make sure they’re working properly. Also make sure you test them all thru all ranks. Sounds like a lot of work huh? Health pools going up was clearly needed, it was tuned too high. Calm down, it’s on test for a reason. It will go back down. It’s a whole new format and it’s going to take a min to get right. If you aren’t helping to test it, you don’t need to give opinions.
    • Like x 3
  19. zNot Loyal Player

So, we have had examples like Save the universe with Ares Throne of the death raid where (i think it was Luke) was able to give feedback and scale that HP to please meta cheesers and after it was released to public nobody but the meta cheesers managed to pass that bossfight! Later it got its HP nerfed by charon and many others were able to pass it after, the point is that the damage gap (which you also didnt deny) is huge where ever its double,triple or 4 times more damage its not a „skill“ gap its mostly caused from using the best powers and artifacts and art swapping and other tricks you guys use.

Conclusion: no high health pools, Keep it low enough that non-meta cheesers can have a shot to complete it. Thanks Quitoxic.
    • Like x 2
  20. Miserable Dedicated Player

It's crazy that this actually needs to be said, but I'm seeing some ridiculous comments about "elitists" getting the bosses' health buffed because they want to gatekeep SM. Nobody (not Obsidian nor anyone else) dictated to the devs the exact numbers by which to buff the health. The health increase was way too much and everyone here is in agreement. Nobody here is arguing that the current health is fine. But just like boss health can be too high, it can also be too low, and we've seen both (pre and post update). The most appropriate amount of health is somewhere in between and I'm sure the devs are working on that right now.

As for the whole meta/swapping aspect, yes, you obviously do more damage if you art swap and use meta powers/builds, but that doesn't matter in regards to the original feedback about the health being too low. Implicit in that feedback was the detail that even when the burn is as good as it can possibly be, the bosses should not be dying that fast.
    • Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.