It's a big minus for a dcuo that you cannot skip cutscenes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lvl 30, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Lvl 30 New Player

Honestly I won't count how many times I've watched these cutscenes since 2011. At some point it gets really annoying to watch the same cutscenes all over and over and over again each time you enter a solo/duo/alert or raid.

Please can you do something about this?
    • Like x 5
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

+1

If everyone in the group has ran the content already once before, there should be a console for everyone to click just like they have in the solos. Therefore the cutscenes will only skip if all players click said console.
    • Like x 5
  3. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Edit: and duos*

I don't see why not? :)
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

You should e able to skip it but unable to progress until everyone skips the CS or everyone finishes it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kreachure Committed Player

Just bring back "Hold to skip" ???? Not sure why they never kept this.
  6. myandria Item Storage

If I remember correctly, it was glitchy in live content; you can still hold to skip the end cut scenes for older content and the character creation cut scene.

Bringing this feature to current content would require "communication" within a group. It would also foster more player discrimination as anyone who doesn't skip the cut scenes could be seen as a hindrance to the group, fortifying a reason to kick that player. It could be used as a tool for 'griefing".

Here is one suggestion: perhaps the devs can put CR walls in for Event content. For example, if your character's CR is beyond the Event version max, then your character cannot do the Event version of that content (puts up her shield and ducks). The devs can "redefine" the Event CR min/max. A console that lets the group leader "choose" to skip content should be available at the beginning (like it is with solos/duos); when accessed a group vote should pop up so every team member can choose whether or not to skip cut scenes and if it isn't unanimous, then the group cannot skip cut scenes.

The main problem with this suggestion is dealing with players who have not played the alerts/raids; are they "required" to be seen at least once or will the devs allow players to skip cut scenes, whether or not they have watched them.

So, this suggestion is not perfect, but it does show a way to give players a chance to choose whether or not to skip cut scenes.
  7. Kreachure Committed Player

Here's a suggestion... Fix it rather than throwing it away? :eek:

Hmm, fair point but I've never ever seen this happen in any other MMO that has this option.
    Kicking someone over watching a cutscene would just make the raid take longer anyway 'cause you would now need to grab someone new. I'd like to think that the average DCUO player has a higher IQ than this. :p
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

after 10 runs there should be a default setting that bypasses them. you can always watch them through the ui if you wish but for DC gods sake quit making me watch them
  9. BumblingB I got better.

From what I remember, older content is nigh impossible to add a skip feature to. The cutscenes were designed at a means to "setup" the encounter. A good example are the ones we can skip, they still go to black and it starts the fight. (Or you can be in a raid that gets into the cutscene and you see them teleported around, like the end of GOM.)

I don't know why they haven't added it to the duos recently, but I know why it's not in the alerts and raids, as trying to get your partner to hit the second console is hard enough, try getting 3-7 other players to do it. lol
    • Like x 2
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Still totally worth it lol XD
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

How is that different? Watching it, or standing at a locked door till the cutscene is over is essentially the same (except where bad acting is actually offensive to my ears....looking at you new Harley in Iceberg lounge).

It should be forced if anyone in the group is first time in(similar to the M2 Duo buttons). Assuming all 2,4 or 8 people have been in once though, the vote should be 75% majority rule like a kick or disband. If someone votes to watch the scene and the rest don't, they will be there, staring at the wall as the fight starts....they can catch up....maybe some indicator like the "away" status or whatever...("in cutscene", "cutscene") by their name so the other people know they can either wait or go in...at their own peril.

I mean I'm not sure how many times I had to see Jimmy's 'Amazballs' riff in VMF last week, but I know it was too many and it wasn't getting any better every time I saw it.
    • Like x 1
  12. myandria Item Storage

13. the solowing Steadfast Player

Thats the neat part, its not.
    [IMG]
    If players dont want to watch the Cutscene then they dont have to. But if a player wants to enjoy it, they should have the ability to do so. Without being forcefully made to skip it. I mean isnt that why the devs made the in-engine cutscenes?

But i stand by the skip needing to be unanimous. Rather then a majority.
  14. Kreachure Committed Player

If that wasn't a rhetorical question, I think issues in the game should be prioritized before shoving lackluster content out every few months. Especially considering the game has has issues with player retention. Players tend to stray away from games where the QoL is lower.
    • Like x 2
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

Then tell the community stop rushing the devs for content and let let the content stay in the oven for abit longer
    • Like x 1
  16. Eve YouTuber

I am 100% that when I started playing I could skip the cutscenes in the Watch Tower and Hall of Doom tours. A few years later when I started new characters I realized I can't do it anymore and have to sit through this. Same for solos and stuff I like running but the cutscenes takes wayyyy too much for the solo itself and I watched it hundreds of times. So I get the frustration.
  17. Elusian Crowd Control

Simple solution without naming the source (cause not allowed):

- cutscene starts
    - people choose to press a specific button
    - a counter appears on screen top/bottom right/left indicating how many have pressed that certain button and therefor voted to skip the cutscene
    - if all players in the content pressed that button, the cutscene skips immediately towards the end
    • Like x 2
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Personally, I believe that improving QoL is way more important than pumping out lame broken rehashed episodes back to back. As for devs time/resources, once again I will state that that is none of our concern nor our problem. If they like our ideas, it's entirely up to them if they want to roll with it or not. This just happens to be a good idea I actually hope they consider looking into.
  19. Kreachure Committed Player

Devs need to step up. If the content wasn't stale right out of the oven to begin with, people wouldn't be crying for content a month after release. :/
    Introducing new bosses and drops during the episode is a step in the right direction but more needs to be fixed with the game before content should just be pumped out.
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hmmm....sounds like something Omni-Man would indeed say.

I'd go for the unanimous IF, rather than a vote, a check can be added in settings that is for 'skip all optional cutscenes'.... That way, when a group of 2, 4 or 8 people enter a run, the vote is already done if they all have it checked. Anyone that does NOT have it checked in settings would be provided a vote option at the beginning of the run...cutscenes yes...or no. If they vote yes, we all have to watch them, but we don't have to wait for 2, 4 or 8 people to vote THEN also have to wait for the cutscene to play.

Oh, by the way, the setting would be set to 'on' by default. If you want to watch them or have a vote option, BESIDES that 1st one which is always mandatory viewed (just like the M2 cutscenes), go ahead and uncheck the checkbox. Oh...but I'm sure you will find that too harsh a requirement, right? Heck, I'll write the tooltip right now.

"TIP: If you want to watch every over long, questionably acted, repetitive cutscene in all content...go to gameplay settings and turn off the 'skip all optional cutscenes' option."

See? Easy.
    • Like x 2