Trolling and art swapping in general

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MidLifeCrysis41, Jul 18, 2022.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You have been part of the forums for a while. I assumed you knew how bop functioned especially seeing how bop was mentioned in a lot of talks around crystal and fury.

And I already said that I’ve been in different types of runs and even listed lfg as just 1 type of run that I was including
  2. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I've done a cursory scan of this thread. I'm a 'Trol, have been for more than a decade, and this is a hell of a lot of work to play a game.
    • Like x 5
  3. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Hmm, "forum age" doesn't mean that I read everything that goes on it. Now I'm just here wishing BoP Commlink got its description updated for the sake of awareness.
  4. ALB Dedicated Player

I don't care for art swapping, but I don't understand why trolls don't run buff artifacts. It make the content go faster. Only debuff needed is defense, CC isn't really important, and when it is, no artifact is needed for that, and power isn't an issue. What else do a troll have to do in content? Battle troll? Buff your dps and not the dps?
  5. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Attacking the diction and accent of the video’s author is so tasteless and unrequested. Those unwarranted sentiments are probably reeked in the stench of microagressions, and to keep it frank, that’s ugly.

Critique the content, throw your gavel at the mechanics in question, but keep your detest to yourself and leave folks alone. Go to 5v5 chat if you want to be openly toxic
  6. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Not a single person "attacked" the video author's accent or diction at all - within the first 3 seconds of the video, the creator used a curse word and a derogatory term/racial slur. Just skimming through the video, there are curse words and derogatory terms used about every 5-10 seconds. It's no wonder his content keeps getting demonetized (his words in the video, not mine), and that individual(s) would express distaste for such content, especially on a video game forum with a large player base of kids. This video is best watched on mute for many.
    • Like x 2
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I like the words you used, the “content creator” should try some of those. Not sure anyone attacked his diction or accent. I attacked how stupid and gross he sounds because of the words he chose to use. Post should probably be deleted since it’s not tagged “NSFW” or “adult content” anyway.
    • Like x 2
  8. Proxystar #Perception

And the same two people hating on it every time in every thread, every time, just sayin ;)
    • Like x 3
  9. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

Well I enjoy the swapping on my Trolly a lot, makes playing the role way more active and fun to me.

Power trolling was super boring; coming from a tank main, I used Quantum's Destabilize-based Debuffs for minimal CC, just spammed power heal and group shields when needed. Not very exciting to me.
    Battle trolling wasn't quite it either, being a half-DPS that gives no amount of power worth mentioning was like sitting between the chairs. I always felt a bit uneasy about it.

Now this Artifact week, I could finally do it; give Trolly that 200 Claw, a 160 Cog, put the final 40 ranks into Scrap. On top of the already existing 160 Tetra it looks like I have a good set of buff troll utilities there. Did a few test runs to practice swapping, got comfortable enough to FINALLY get into, and finish some elite raids and it was a blast! Honestly, never did I enjoy trolling that much, not even when I went from Gadgets to Quantum (which was a big leap in terms of joy to me).

I mean, think of what swapping (buff)trolls are doing there: Trying to buff everyone with as many tools as we have available, juggle buffs with power healing in one way or another, CC in critical moments, do pickups, do mechanics where needed. Isn't that the ultimate background team player there? I don't get why people keep complaining about it :(

Let me swap Cog, Tetra and Scrap on Trolly. But also...
    Let me swap EoG, DKS, Philosopher's Stone on my Tank.
    Let me swap Strat, DKS, Philosopher's Stone and Scrap on my DPS.
    Let me swap.. wait, my Healer only has 3 arts. nvm.

You know, it's all for the team's sake, to get things done quicker and/or more safely.

Hate on the people that try to make it mandatory by kicking those who don't do it.
    Don't hate on swapping itself, it's kinda cringe to be honest.

And to those doomsayers preaching "this will be mandatory, that is mandatory": You're wrong, it isn't and won't be. If you only hang out with or constantly run into the ultra sweats, then you may get that impression. Block em, move on. Normal players don't actually give even half a crap as long as they get through the content without too much suffering.
  10. Remember New Player

Hello Everybody, I am the creator of the original video that was posted to create the Thread. I’m Zeo and honestly I’ve never seen this before just a bunch of people complaining about the current elite meta and state of the game. By no means was my video created to force People to artifact swap. Hell, I barley troll myself (Which was stated in my video) I just made the video to give people a guide and a sort of roadmap that can help them if they decide to become buff trolls in the future. We all know the game isn’t as good as it could be, But You and whoever is reading this has a mind to say, "You know what I don’t wanna play Dc universe Online anymore." Doesn’t take Science to just stop playing the game if you not happy with its current standing. Now as for the way I speak that’s just how I talk around friends or whomever. I’m from a Place where people can speak how they want and never gotta care about upsetting anyone because at the end of the day The "Zeo" Channel is mine. If you can’t understand or process how I express and talk in general, Simply don’t watch Lol. I’m known for being more open and expressive because I can careless what people think. I just made this forum account to clear up things that people seem to have misunderstood. All my videos are made to guide people in the current Meta of the game. Most people ask me all the time "Zeo what arts should I run or Zeo do you think this power is good" Etc etc. I just make video explaining and sharing my knowledge of the game and give people good advice which they can take or decline. No one is shaming people for not artifact swapping at the end of the day it’s a personal choice to do so. In certain groups it’s a necessary and some others it’s not. Most of the time I’m running with pugs anyway so I don’t really care if the troll does it or not just as long as I have a power bar I’m good lol. I just made the video to share my knowledge of The current Elite Trolling Meta. As I’ve done with everyone role because I do everything. Thank you all <3
  11. Heywiar Committed Player

I don't think people understand that you'd most likely get kicked from an elite group if you didn't art swap as a troll. Yeah, nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to art swap but any higher-end content groups essentially demand it. I firmly believe that they should add a timer to artifact swapping, similar to armory switching in a sense. I genuinely didn't think trolling could get worse but I guess I have been proven wrong. Spending half your gameplay in your inventory is the least engaging meta so far, in my opinion.
    • Like x 4
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Certain groups of people will always want all the crutches. It’s not all groups tho. My troll got full renown without ever tac swapping. The groups were aware that I only have rao/tetra/claw on him. Sometimes I’d even reply that I can’t buff prec and was still brought in. Some groups wouldn’t take me. One time, I was done with my run and the group that rejected me was still shouting for a troll. Nothing will ever change those types so just don’t run with them.
    • Like x 1
  13. Controller Devoted Player

Was with a group in DWF e yesterday that asked me to Tac Swap.

Have never done it before.

Is it even possible to do on a PC?

How would I even do this without putting myself at risk of getting one-shotted?

I really hope the Devs do something about this. I'll light up these Surveys every time until they do.
  14. zNot Loyal Player

On a PC its easyier (faster) you will face issues when you are on a console PS4 especially.
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

yeah like anybody is going to tell me how to troll.
  16. Controller Devoted Player

Easier, huh?

How exactly would I Tac Swap?

I imagine just stand there, go into my inventory, remove one artifact and replace it with another?

All the while hoping that an add or boss doesn't knock me out?

[IMG]
  17. Controller Devoted Player

But they DO nowadays and TBH it's horrible.

All over these artifacts.
  18. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

You hit i as you quickly move your mouse up, down or right so it won't be anywhere in the inventory. Then the game treats it like you are on the top left inventory slot. Put your artifact there beforehand; hit space and it'll swap the top left inventory slot with the bottom Artifact slot. i again or Esc and you're done.

You could assign the key left of 1/below Esc (I dunno what that is on a US keyboard) as the secondary Inventory hotkey so you don't have to move your hand all the way over to i.
    Also, Tab goes straight right to the next slot, if you have more things to swap; shift+tab goes left.
    With a bit of practice, that's a matter of a second or less.

Hope that helps a bit :)
    • Like x 2
  19. Controller Devoted Player

Thanks.

If I choose to do this thing, let it be known that you've made a LOT of "DPS" happy...........................................................
  20. Controller Devoted Player

This REALLY points to a larger misconception about Controllers out here in this game.

To think that we're so insignificant that we actually have ANY TIME to go into our inventories and swap out artifacts is SELFISH - even if it's only for a second or two.

So if we get knocked out during this evolution then that's Our Fault, huh lol.

BUT AGAIN - it's "ALWAYS" the Controller's Fault if something goes wrong in an instance....or the Tanks.

[IMG]