STU = Highlight the broken

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AJPro, Jul 11, 2022.

1. Wallachia Devoted Player

He's just creating random excuses to whine about stat clamping. As usual.
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It is subjective. However, unlike a standard DLC 'event' there is no 'easy' run where if you wanted to either farm marks or beat the socks off some enemies, it's an option. We've got 3 levels, 2 of which are basically the same run. Clamped and 'event' leveled content are basically the same save the CR displayed. Elite is obviously elite and should be hard, but yeah...they should have a level where you can pew pew pew and blast through. Just because you wouldn't appreciate it, doesn't mean some (like Tiffany) wouldn't. We are looking at a 1000 count feat on this nonsense....Ideally there should be a 'quick' option and there's not really.

Again, you would not need to run it....but there should be an option available.

And I'm not saying 'it's too hard'....cause it's not. However, in a typical 3 level system, 2 levels are not supposed to be essentially the same.
    • Like x 5
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The only reason people are struggling with the event is they are ignoring mechanics. Look at raids or content in general that require players to hit 2+ buttons at the same time. Even pre-clamp, people struggle to do these. That’s because mechanic says to do something other than pew pew. Should these be removed so that people can just pew pew?

Even in VMF. The mechanic does involve pew pewing along. Kill 2 turrets at the same time instead of all 4. Not really that hard. There’s only so much hand holding that can be done.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm saying yes....there should be a pew pew option, same as any other 'event'. Not sure how they'd shoehorn it in, but yes...we have one for Dark Knights and every other DLC since what....AF3? I don't see anyone up in arms about that.

And before you say 'it's not a DLC', neither was Starro at first and it also had a pew pew level....so do the anniversary raids and any seasonal.

Not sure your objection to it....no one would make you run it and no...it should not reward 'current' gear, but marks...yeah...same as every event. It should also be open to everyone, again...like every event is. I'll go jump on a level 20 or 25 toon and go run Dark Knights right now. He can't also get into STU or collect the free buck every day though for another few 100 CR....even on clamped level.

And before you respond....if you object so heavily to a pew pew level, please refer to the post you put up about Dark Knights event stuff....or Legion of Doom....or Flashpoint... Cause I'd expect a big 'get rid of event runs' campaign coming then. Better start it now before October and those silly event players start looking for their easy, quick run. Oh....and seasonals....man, don't get me started. I mean really....a DOOR to get back in? Sheesh...amiright?
    • Like x 3
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Sorry maybe I wasn’t clear. I’m saying that it pretty much a pew pew lvl alert in event. The thing is, pew pew the right targets. Pew pew the 2 turrets to make it go faster. Also, maybe I’m mistaken but can’t you pee pew through the suit phase in event?

Which phase can you not pew pew through? The first boss can be pew pewed even in elite. The second boss can be pew pewed I’m reg. The 3rd boss only has 1 section where you need to hit buttons. And one phase that requires you to pew pew the right targets.

My example about the cogs was simply to say that there’s only so much that can be done before you have to question why the individual is going out of their way to make things harder
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Say "pew pew" one more time.
  7. Khaoy New Player

unfortunately, another pathetic failure with the dimensional ink logo, a dead game practically maintained by this tiny useless group of fanboys who only know how to lick the feet of the developers and everything is wonderful so wonderful that this game is practically dead, losing new players with less than one week, and old players bored or frustrated with changes... a huge shameful failure, they really think that dimensional ink still have the ability to produce something? DI can give up, dcuo shows that this group and developers are not worth the investment and any product they create will be a huge pile of garbage, sorry but it's the truth it's past time to close the company this game and each one take care of their own lives after all every step they take in game only showing more shameful amateurism, after all, it's a product with more than a decade in this disgraceful state basic since its launched....
    • Like x 1
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Ok so stop playing..

Pew pew
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

First off...there is no real 'event' right now. There is the regular run (which I'd assume is the 'easy' one) via custom menu 4 player, and an 'event' which is leveled up to current CR as well as the event elite. Yes, an individual can make it harder for themselves by doing the wrong thing, but there are 3 other individuals I have no control over in there. If I were running all 4 toons at the same time, all would be stupid easy,....but as much as I try, I cannot actually 'run' all 4. I only have 2 hands....not that good with my feet yet. So I'm stuck with others who may or may not know what to do...or may not want to listen to what to do in either of the 'regular' or 'event' versions. Or you could be running with no heal (role is NOT enforced on the 'event' run) or one who (like last night) was 'battle healing'....yet did almost no damage or healing. (So he was 'nothing nothinging' I guess). That clamped VMF is the same run that it was a week ago...or 2 weeks ago....anytime since last Aug, where most groups will not finish it in a random queue. So as easy as it is....apparently for most randoms, it's not that easy. I'd guess it tops the list of most opted out or failed Omni alerts.

Now....switch to 'event' TSW or RTE3....Not only have I soloed both, if I were running with others who cannot do their jobs or die often, they can come back into the room though the open door...or not. Don't care really...you know...cause it's an event run. Everyone is just there to get some quick marks, check a checklist, and move on.

There is no run in STU that is 'event'...regardless of what it's called on the menu. In both the 'non elite' runs (clamped or upleveled)....there are a few potential 1 shots in Amazo...especially if you have a janky or no healer....and the Lex fight comes down to the 3rd turret wave and the purple AOE pool.

TLDR;
    Here's a challenge for you....without mentioning CR or where you queue...tell me how those 2 runs are essentially different.

BTW....what are you calling the 'event' run? The upleveled or clamped run? Just so we are on the same page. I'm assuming the 'clamped' run but the upleveled is called 'event'....no matter how incorrect that name is.
    • Like x 4
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I agree with Deity, in so far as it does come down to "do the mechanics stupid" unfortunately as you correctly state though, the unquantifiable randoms in the instance you can't control will almost certainly disappoint.

This isn't quite so significant when a character is prepared to undertake a carry or be a critical support role (basically just healer) but anything other than that, especially if you're a one dimensional DPS, then you're potentially going to run in to trouble.

Irrespective of what we think individually about omnibus, this particular instance was without doubt one of the most "hated" when it popped in the omnibus queue, so apart from the fact it's loosely "superman" focused I don't know why it was chosen, surely there were others to choose from, perhaps also a solution is that this particular instance has its doors left open until StU is removed and then the door locks can be returned (the omnibus instance that is being used as an "event-esque" comparison for this event).

Unfortunately I don't think the next set of content is going to get any better either, "smallville and darkseid's war factory" are equally hard comply mechanic instances.

Just wait until everyone just ties to force their way through the final battle of Smallville or don't understand what's happening killing the doom giants and carrying them to the terminals etc. So despite the fact we can preach on about how easy it is, which it truly is when followed, these particular instances have "train wreck" written all over them and when they're being run or chosen to be used for what is arguably at least a somewhat "fun event". I think they're poor choices (others might disagree, but I certainly think they are).
    • Like x 1
  11. FreezyPop Well-Known Player

I think this best encapsulates my concerns with the current setup. Both my damage and my shields/ defense (I play an ice tank) have been proportionally about the same in both versions, so it’s not really been easier to do the “lower level” content than the upscaled version. The enviro hits just as hard and the turrets burn at about the same rate.

From a “did the devs scale this up for end game perspective,” that’s actually great! But it also means the “lowest” level doesn’t seem to serve much purpose.
    • Like x 3
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm not debating that the mechanics can be overcome (although that spinning GL attack in Elite is a beorch if it goes after the heal), and yes, after several (SEVERAL) wipes a lot of groups could overcome it if they communicate and work together vs just pew-pew. My point is that there should be a real pew-pew event version as an option. For those that don't care to do any of that and just want a few marks...or for those that 'can't' do those things and just want to get in and out.....again, same as the last 20 or so DLCs and every other 'event' has that option.

Well that and it is pretty annoying that people keep referring to the clamped version as 'event' (as in the low level run) when it's not. But that's more semantics really.

Oh and I'm looking forward to the smallville runs where dudes keep balling up the doomed civvies at the furthest point, then carry them 10 feet and do it again 5 more times...all while dying. And DWF....HA...that should be funny.
    • Like x 1
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Maybe I’m ignorant so if I’m overlooking something than I do truly apologize. But what is killing people in the Amazon fight? Even in reg I don’t bother with mechanics there and just pew pew and haven’t ran into any issues while random queuing. The only part when random queuing has made me want to pull my hair out is in last boss when people ignore mechanics and no matter how many time you explain mechanics people still ignore them. So I’m a little lost in what exactly is “almost one shotting” since even in reg I’m not seeing any issues.

With the last boss I will at times be forced to switch to battle tank and add 2 shields (3rd with clarion) and solo the last boss. I don’t expect anyone to do this but this is reg. The only mechanic I can see causing issues is people not wanting to grab the suits or potentially people ignoring the turrets completely during the window phase. The window phase can be soloed even in reg if the player has decent burn since you just need to kill 2 turrets.

So in the last boss, what is causing issues in event? This is a genuine question since I’m truly trying to understand where people are struggling
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

And this is why you are one of the people he is mentioning lol. One can not just simply up and "stop" something they are passionate about. I'm not defending his rant, but I understand where it is coming from. It's easier to quit if the reason is just the investment keeping them around (many players have told me they only stick around because the investment they already put into the game is too great to let go), but if you are passionate about the game and really hopeful of a brighter direction that never comes it's easy to get stressed and want to rant. Don't get cranky, just ponder that perspective for a little bit.
    • Like x 1
  15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Simple, you are carrying them so of course you aren't having issues XD
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

But he game literally nothing to ponder over. Just a rant.

That may be so but that was reg. I’m trying to see where I’m event players are struggling. That was a genuine question
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well again....what are you referring to as event and which is reg? I'm guessing the clamped version...same run we had 2 weeks ago that many Omni groups fail in? If so, if you don't have a heal or have a bad heal, you can die in Amazo (not sure where the Amazon fight is;) ) to the green lantern spin, or the superman eye beam, maybe even the bombs if you stood right on one...same as the STU upleveled content. Granted, all those attacks are WAY more lethal in Elite, but yeah...people CAN die in that fight...maybe not in your runs, but I've queued into a few this week when random queuing where I come in AT Amazo to a failed group.

The major issue is still Lex. And as far as I'm concerned the Suits have nothing to do with it. Grab the cores or burn the shield, once the 3rd set of turrets are done, the fight is won. Honestly I've died more carrying and placing the core on the table than just burning the shields...it's just slower. And yeah....in all 3 versions, if you ignore that big purple pool....by standing in it...or everyone grabs their own turret and works on it vs focusing on 1 at a time....or worse, staying on Lex or carrying bombs, yeah....that will kill you in all 3 versions.

Maybe it's our definition of what 'pew pew' vs mechanics is. Blinding running through a run, just burning whatever your target locked focus finds next and hitting it till you die or it does....that's pew-pew (and has always been the way of an 'event' run...till STU)...role, no role...doesn't matter...."pew pew pew, are we done yet so I can open my eyes and collect loot?" Running through the run, and ON OCCASION, having to pivot to something else...or block...or heal...or tank...or pickup....or roll out. That's some level of mechanics. And yes....VMF is mechanic heavy, and NO it does not have an 'event' version as 'event' was previously defined.

I'd still like you to tell us what you believe (besides CR or how you queue in) what the fundimental differences in the 'event' and the 'on duty 4 player' run are?
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Because there is very slim difference between "event" (omni/clamped) and reg. Perhaps like a 60 second completion difference since clamped is still basically bringing you "to level" in ways, with added stat piercing. I haven't noticed much difference running either besides one is a little bit quicker. However, I'm basing this off of the raids because I have tried the different versions. I haven't tried vmf "reg" because I'm only after the counter feats. I can't imagine much difference though.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I believe the proper terminology for the various difficulties is "Omnibus" (original/stat clamped), "Regular" (upscaled) and "Elite" (upscaled). When people refer to the "event" version it's very confusing because there is no "event" difficulty.
    • Like x 1
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I'm thinking it's because the devs referred to it as "event" in their advertising.

"Choose between event (the original), normal, and elite versions of each Save the Universe instance."
    • Like x 1