Rage Dps Advice Needed

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by The Power Of Rage, Jun 1, 2022.

1. The Power Of Rage New Player

Hey peeps, As stated i need assitance with my rage toon, which would be better Precision or Might as im trying to get a solid ranged loadout. I die a Lot when using my melee so im thinking range would suit me better.
    artifacts are only at 120. trans,quis,solar,strat. Any advice would be appriecated
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

Might. Precision is only for weapon attacks.

Rage CAN work as ranged DPS, but it is much more recommended for melee dps.
    • Like x 1
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Melee is best, I'll give you both loadouts.

Melee: RSK, Remorseless recovery (or shield), berserk, outrage, e chain, lacerate.
    Start with remorseless, to get your healing in helped. Then:
    Outrage combo clipped to e chain combo clipped to lacerate (2-3 ticks of damage until outrage cool down), repeat.
    Trans, grim, Quislet work great.

Range:
    RSK, recovery (or shield), berserk or infuriate, heat vision, dreadful Blast, channel hate.
    Rotation: dreadful combo clipped into channel hate (until dreadful off cool down), dreadful clipped into heat vision (tap range while casting to que a weapon tap), repeat.
    Trans, grim, solar.
    • Like x 1
  4. The Power Of Rage New Player

Thank you very much, will try this out. Also does precision loadouts hit harder?. just asking as i've seen quite a bit of peeps using a precision based loadout
  5. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Rage doesn't really have any unique tools for precision besides the zerk. It's great if you can get in melee range but... it's just not realistic in most elite content boss fights unless you're some kind of fanatic. Chances are you'll go down and hinder many groups' progress before the other 7 are even comfortable with the idea of what you are doing.

Electric, Gadgets, Quantum, Sorcery, and Ice are the only powers that I'm aware of that have some neat tools to bring to the table for precision. Most of them just play the same cookie cutter loadouts.
    • Like x 1
  6. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

From my experience, precision with Rage is not good: whether melee or range.
    Rage simply lacks the build for a solid precision loadout. It's up to you if you prefer weapons, then go for it. Might will get you much better numbers with damage though, even using the range loadout I provided. I'm still working on finding a 'great' rotation with range, but the one I listed will get you very close.
    • Like x 1
  7. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

I disagree. My league advised that I switch to precision and I keep up with any melee might rage player and I never crash because severe punishment is never needed, not even for tanking. Trans, strat, and EoG for tanking, relentless anger, ire or remorseless recovery (situational), redirected rage, without mercy, HL shield, and pheromone bloom. Stat full health and put whatever else you can into dominance, your weapon, etc.

But more to your inquiry about DPS. Having over 400sp will help if you want to stat both brawling and dual wield weapon masteries. Brawling for groups of adds and dual wield for bosses. Skill points, max augments, and generator mods are very important. I am flight, I don't clip cheese or use superspeed cheese. Prec DPS requires muscle memory and 'precision' timed button taps, as you will need to spam your range for the whole duration while powers cool down.

Your first ability should hit hard. If you are superspeed it is your tornado pull followed by your weapon buff and phase dodge. After that use plasma retch or eviscerating chain (tap once don't combo,) the latter having a longer cool down. Robot sidekick and neo venom boost to round it out. For the utility belt you want to have the buff trinket, pop that with your venom boost and weapon buff and go to work with your ranged weapon masteries. Tap hold combo and jump cancel or clip an ability to get you reset and repeat after every fourth arrow. Canceling early or too late will lessen your dps, thus the 'precision' timed button taps and muscle memory. When at full buff you can get more dps from hold hold combo, but you are counting on a critical attack. I hit the sparring target for 265k with this combo while the weapon buff, venom boost, and trinket are active (after also consuming a compound omega and a death metal flex soder.)

Do not use blast adapter with dual wield as it will split your damage between boss and adds. I use replenishing adapter. If you are worried about power consumption, stat superpowers. If you run cyborg and house of legends bot as support allies, stat weapons expert or hybrid. If you cannot stat both weapon masteries, go with brawling and use blast adapter as the combo is much more forgiving, but less mobile. You may also use berserk SC if you play mid range as it is more effective with brawling mastery. Put as many points into precision as possible, whether you stat expert, hybrid, or superpowers.

As flight, my load out is downdraft, weapon buff, remorseless recovery, plasma retch or eviscerating chain (same applies as above,) robot sidekick and neo venom boost. As I had not mentioned, for the utility belt you should have OMAC Nanite Circuitry as well. Do not clip this ability as it will cancel the transformation. Purchase it with Fate tokens from Doctor Fate. I toggle this while my trinket cools down. It increases your crit chance and buffs your health for a period of time. I use grim, trans, and venom wrist dispenser, but most use trans, strat, and grim.

Experiment with gear mods. I am not running supercharge head mod or chest mod. I use critical bloodlust III for the head, berserker for the back, penetrating strikes for the chest, and max damage for the hands. I have not tested the SC mods with this loadout but they may prove useful. I prefer the crit chance and reduction in enemy defense.

I hope this helps. If you intend to use range superpowers, they require button combos and are not prec based, so you would be better suited using might with dreadful blast, channel hate, frenetic bombardment, and eviscerating chain, along with robot sidekick and either berserk (only works close to mid range) or neo venom boost SCs. Do not forget that there was an update to the robot sidekick, there are two options. I use the exobyte attuned version, as its attacks are attuned to your specific power as well as its appearance.

Good luck!
    • Like x 1
  8. The Power Of Rage New Player

Thank You All for the Advice. Greatly appreciated.
    • Like x 1
  9. zBam-Bamz New Player

I have a question for PaleRage or any other contributors. Following your suggested arts and LO in this thread

“ Melee is best, I'll give you both loadouts.

Melee: RSK, Remorseless recovery (or shield), berserk, outrage, e chain, lacerate.
    Start with remorseless, to get your healing in helped. Then:
    Outrage combo clipped to e chain combo clipped to lacerate (2-3 ticks of damage until outrage cool down), repeat.
    Trans, grim, Quislet work great.”

Have you tried dropping grim for source shard? I know there is net dmg lose as from your OG LO with violence… but can we maybe have a source shard quiz and trans build? Currently what I am aiming towards as I also see it helping with ranged.

Maybe drop RSK to make this viable if needed. Ya I know only two pets get buff now (motherbox, quiz) but would the dps out weigh rsk loss?

Lastly… this is my first post so I’m not sure if you can “@“ someone… so if you see this and can get it to palerage, much appreciated
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

If you're wanting to go with a source shard build, here's my suggestion.
    Trans, Quislet, source.
    Rsk, godwave, berserk, outrage, e chain, lacerate. (For range, replace last 3 with dreadful Blast, channel hate, frenetic bombardment).

You will want source at 160 for 2 pets to get buffed, which means rsk and Quislet will be getting it mostly, except on trinket/ally usage.
  11. zBam-Bamz New Player

Have you tested this? Is it worth the while and see an increase? Would be nice if someone else sets up PI if I got that lucky

Does source boost ally damage as well?
    • Like x 1
  12. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I don't know for certain if source can hit ally, but I've been told it can (never tested myself). I know it can hit trinket pets.

I haven't tested that particular setup- loadout myself, but with Rage, from playing it for years and trying different combinations, I get the most consistent high damage from my setup. There is a setup with LA mort that does well, competitive with mine, but seems to fall behind on SC usage (because Quislet).
    I've even been able to beat the trans/EoG/scrap build with my setup.
  13. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

What tools you talking about becouse precion atm looks like WM + any power with animation you can cancel so you can do WM again and agian .Thats why people using movemnet powers like phase doge ,vortex trap , whirling dervish to cut WM animation so to be precision you need to be super speed .
    People use Weapon Buff for rage its blodlust then phasedoge to cut it then WM + wortex trap + jump cancel then WM dervish .They also use 2 SC 25% if they use EOG and sidekik robot . If they use only one SC then they can add any power that hit strong before they hit weapon buff . Thats whole precision thing so as you can see you dont need any rage tools or any powers tools just movement mode powers/iconic and weapon buff .
    Precision is "power fluid" you can be any power becouse only thing from loadsout you gona use is weapon buff and every power has it .
  14. zBam-Bamz New Player

Pale, I’ve just tested and I see about a 30k average increase if godwave can once more after initial 10s parse <— not sure how to spell that.

Would you like to add me and compare tests? Hero side PS US server… Raideni

If you see me on inv me.
  15. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Be sure to test on targets (if that's where you test) that don't restore power (the back ones in HoL won't restore power): the ones that do can net your DPS variably due to their restoration.

Best test is on alerts in my opinion lol
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Source shard does not buff ally damage. If any Allie’s are getting bugged than this is a bug.

In regards to prec vs might. They are both useable. Don’t go chancing the scoreboard. Metas change so going towards one just because meta says to do so will just leave you having to switch later one.

As for pet builds you basically have 2 options.
    Build 1: source, grim, Quislet
    Loadout: dreadful blast, frenetic bombardment, freeze breath, godwave, rsk, sc

For the rotation you will basically be going back and forth between dreadful blast and freeze breath while using bombardment after each one. So Dread > frenetic > freeze > frenetic. You’ll need to cancel freeze right after the 2nd tick and use frenetic just to bridge the gap between your dreadful and freezing cooldowns. And hit godwave off cooldown.

Build 2: source shard, Quislet, mercy
    Loadout: spam ability, dreadful blast, attack protocol, godwave, rsk, sc

Loadout is straight forward. Spam your spam ability until one of your stronger abilities is off cooldown. When using attack protocol rsk will do a mini attack followed by a big attack so you want to use godwave after attack protocol. And don’t use godwave until you can use attack protocol at the same time. (Thanks hell for advising me ti hold off on godwave)

But you can easily do rage regular might.
    Build: trans, Quislet/EoG, strat/grim
    Loadout: plasma retch, dreadful blast, frenetic bombardment, freeze breath, rsk, sc

Loadout is same as pet build 1 except you don’t have to soam frenetic as much since you can use plasma to bridge the gap too.
    You’ll want to use strat over grim for elite content but grim over strat for reg. Quislet if there’s no EoG healers you normally run with and EoG over scrap if you often run with EoG healers