Uniting currencies

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ergotth, Jul 9, 2022.

1. Ergotth Committed Player

Just a thought, but how would it feel to have currencies like Cash, Marks and such being account-wide ratehr than character-wide, similar to how Favour and Stabilizers work? Because for me, would be good to have at least ONE of those account-wide since sometimes one character have more Source Marks than needed while the other barely got enough, and I have to keep swapping characters back and fourth to buy the necessary items, put in shared bank, etc etc etc... It all feels like such a chore!
    • Like x 8
  2. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I suggested this about a year ago as well:
    I doubt episode marks being account bound would ever be considered, that would make alt-levelling ridiculously easy and they wouldn't like that.
    Source mark being so easy to earn everywhere in the game though, I do think there is a case for it to be account bound.
    • Like x 4
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I would be happy to see cash & source account-wide, totally, though episode currency, I think, I'm fine as is.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Just wondering, off your same point...that source are very easy to come by...why would those need to be shared?

Not shooting down the idea, just asking. I'd have seen the request making more sense a year ago, when grinding out source on a new or low-used alt meant a slow process.
    • Like x 1
  5. Jcal Dedicated Player

It could happen for Source Marks and in-game Cash. It can't happen for Episode currency or Seasonal currency because of Replay Badges and direct sale on the Marketplace, respectively.

Imagine, you could run all of the content for Episode 43 on five alts and your main character would then have all of that Death Metal. It'd be awesome, of course, but it'd never slide.
  6. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Everything needs to be shared. This game is soo bad at segregating items like cash, marks, augments, artifacts, that it needs a law passed that prohibits segregation. To have multiple toons just to have them split the costs to buy items for a feat, for example, is ludicrous. Another thing that needs to happen is the ability to access our other toons inventory so we can properly access and distribute our gear and items.

As it stands now, trying to itemize anything these days is more pita than what the reward even is.
    • Like x 1
  7. Ergotth Committed Player

Because imagine you have a new hero, and you're ready to equip the artifacts and all, but he got no Source marks, yet your 4-years old main healer got 500 source marks, and you realize you will have to keep swapping back and forth to buy the items you need for the new hero, and sometimes your shared bank is a tad full...

Unless you manage to just play with ALL your alts equally, you will soon run into the problem that one hero have the marks but won't need it, and another one have no marks but need a lot.
    • Like x 2
  8. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Yeah I second or third or fourth this definitely. Source Marks and in-game cash if shared in one account would be super great and beneficial for both new players and veteran ones. I understand why Episode and Seasonal currency wouldn't be considered to be universal on an account but those can eventually get converted to SM and Tokens of Merit so all good. I don't think it would hurt profits or players time online because if anything players would be encouraged to play their alts and spend on Memberships and Marketplace as a result.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nah, I see that, but with 'unlimited' source marks available now, it wouldn't take that much work to grind out anything a 'new' toon would need. Mainframe being the worst of it. Now...yeah, if you wanted your 'new' toon to be CR 300+ on day one....sure, shared source would make that doable.

I have no issues against it....so why not...I just thought the need for it was much more pre changes than now.

Funny thing is that I have about 4000 'shared' source right now. When the Arti cat conversion came along, and the boxes we used to buy changed from generating a catalyst to generating 10 source marks, I stocked up before the conversion and have about 400 of them in my shared bank any toon can pull from. It's been the same 400 though since the conversion, so I guess I haven't noticed a need for it yet.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I kind of already do this. One alt goes for 'normal' gear, one buys all the catalysts for the OP item, one saves up for the 'style' items or feat related garbage (like orbitals this go-round), and one...my main...goes for the Elite gear. That's only 4 of course, but it basically does the same thing. Main gets pretty much all of it...the alts just do the scud work...."go makes me my money..."

Shared would be more streamlined and easier to maintain though...but the net result is basically the same.
  11. Mysticwarriormj Well-Known Player

Cash/SM/Holiday tokens should be easily account bound. Also old episode tokens (the ones that aren't current episode) should become account bound as soon as the episode gets replaced by the next one or within a couple of months after the release of a new episode.
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I'm all for cash and source marks being Account Bound. Hell maybe even Seasonal but I'm really not trying to push it (I use alts to farm Seasonal marks and trade to my main anyway).
    • Like x 1
  13. Ergotth Committed Player

I'm starting to have one healer more focused on Elite and the other on casual, so I might do this too! Healers are always welcome and game-changing, so I'm never out of a job xD But one does better on elite than the other.
    • Like x 1
  14. Kestral Committed Player

While I do not do this I am aware of others that use one account (usually with membership but that's a separate issue) for multiple people in their household playing the game. Would you really want your sibling or child to be able to use up all of the currency on your account?

Now having the option to trade literally everything on your account that would be awesome my alts could use some help.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

When TCs first came out and it was past the point where I realized buying stabilizers was a waste of money, I was saving all my stabs for the next TC to come out in a week or so. I had maybe 15 or 16 saved up, and was prepped for the first day the next week (Qwardian capsule maybe?), so I could open right away and maybe make some money.

My kids and nephew were playing (they were maybe 12) and as I was a member they knew they could open promethium boxes on their toons, but they DIDN'T know about TCs. Well I got on later that evening and lo and behold....no stabilizers. I went through the kids and nephew's toons and sure enough...the nephew had some fancy TC emblems and gear in his inventory. At least he didn't consume them, but I was done with that current TC, so I was a bit miffed.

So yeah...I can see it being a hassle if they did that with all my money or marks too. Although they don't play that much now and the kids all have their own accounts/toons if they did.
  16. Kestral Committed Player

:(