Changing Character Select Interface?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Eve YouTuber

Wouldn't it be open to abuse? putting inappropriate images as backgrounds? I think the safe bet is to put open world backgrounds.
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What abuse? I go into my base to make a picture that I will see on MY loading screen?

I mean self abuse is a thing I guess, but sorry....if I take an inappropriate pic to show to myself, well I guess I can yell at myself too.
    • Like x 1
  3. Eve YouTuber

I mean like, having the option to change the character select background to whatever picture you want

Edit: Pretty much why we don't have the option to make in-game league Emblems, as Megzilla told me before
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Understood....but if it's MY toon select screen that only I will see....who is abused? I'm not talking about uploading things to the game server or publishing to everyone...I don't see your screen...you don't see mine. Also I said a screen cap of your base or something to use as a background...so captured in game and limited to what you could have in game. It wasn't a suggestion to allow any picture to be added from anywhere.

Honestly, on PC I'd almost guess you could change that background right now....if you know the game files in and out.
    • Like x 1
  5. Eve YouTuber

Oh then that's probably fine if it is possible. I probably just misread what you wrote. I have no idea if it is possible and I'm on PC. So I guess we leave it to those who have time to try and break the game files :p But the idea itself is not bad, I'm just not sure if feasible.
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well it is probably more possible than the suggestion I replied to that they could use 'your base' as a backdrop for the character screen. Like a live video of your base....seems very cumbersome to load up for a toon select screen.

For the record, I don't really need any of these changes....I like the toon select screen as is and the backgrounds can be black or white fields and I'd be fine. I pick my toon...and go in the game and they sort themselves as I use them...works fine.

One thing (if any) I'd like added to the screen is a loot lock status on the endgame raids(should be a max of 4 at the rate they release them). Sometimes late in the week if i'm looking to run stragglers through the raid I end up logging in and out on 3 or 4 toons before I find one that needs it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Emoney Dedicated Player

I'm all for organization. Maybe just a sort option at the top that allows different options, like by CR, mentor, origin date, alphabetically or last played as it is now.

My biggest ask for the select screen would be an option to hover over each character and see the currency of each. Especially now, during a seasonal, switching between toons trying to remember who has what amount of summer coins is annoying. Having this at the select screen would cut down on a lot of load time checking each. OR, making seasonal currencies account bound like a lot of newer currencies. The latter would probably be the better fix, each of my characters can run the seasonal each day and all of the currency goes into the same pot that any of them, but mostly my main, could use to purchase items.
    • Like x 1
  8. Imaginos Dedicated Player

City of Heroes had a full ID page that let you write a small backstory and told anyone who looked other general information about your character. Shame dcuo doesn't have something like that.
    • Like x 3
  9. Poolosekoop69 New Player

They really need it cuz some people or little rp in DC Universe. I mean it's DC Universe online.
    • Like x 2
  10. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

To add to this, a nice quality of life change would be removing the text restrictions from free to play players, the whole purpose I get was to stop gold sellers but that has failed and did more harm to the player base then good, communicating with Free players in my league is a nightmare because of this.+1
  11. Gerry Well-Known Player

Here’s my problem, every time I login it goes back to the flash museum background. When I select the Underworld background it doesn’t stay where I selected