Starting New on PC from PS4

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ADarklore, Jul 3, 2022.

1. ADarklore New Player

Having been absent for six years, I've decided to return to DCUO but on PC instead of PS4. While rumor has it a graphics 'update' will be coming, it will only be for the PS5 and possibly PC, leaving PS4 in the dust like what occurred with PS3 (which is what I started on) when they did a graphics update for PS4. Since I play most games on PC, I probably won't be getting a PS5... so why continue an account that will never receive future benefits? Sure I invested thousands, literally, in DCUO from 2014 until 2016... and not even the hundreds upon hundreds of hours I spent investing in feats. But, it was fun and I enjoyed every minute of it... until things went south in the development department (I left when they decided to do 'monthly' episodes) and never returned after they realized it had been a mistake.

So with that being said, it's back to the grind again. :) At least I can look over on my PS4 account and see the styles that I like to wear, and don't have to invest in all the things off the marketplace again that I bought but never ever use. Although now there are other things to invest in I see... :rolleyes:

With that being said, what type of things can I trade between my PS4 character and my new PC character? I read that you cannot mail money, although last I read a couple years ago it said, "at this time", so not sure if they've re-activated it or not... but I guess it's possible to trade directly character to character?

Thanks everyone for your input and help.
    • Like x 1
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yes, it is still possible to trade character to character both cash and items. I would also advise asking here before purchasing anything in the Marketplace. Players who have been around through the changes can offer a better idea of when to wait for sales and/or double XP events.
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You can trade most things except 'platform bound' items. That's stuff like Nth detectors and the episode catalysts for augments (you probably don't have any from 6 years ago). It's also artifact catalysts, which you might have...so that kind of sucks. Money trades will require you to sub up on the PS4 for at least a month, but you can log in on both toons at once and trade to yourself...but not hero to villain, so if your PS4 vil has cash...you'll need a PC vil.

Honestly if your cash is from 6 years ago, it's probably not a ton unless you were pretty rich. Not sure if it would be worth the $15 sub to do it. The other way to move money from account to account or from toon to toon even, is to list an item on the PC toon for as much money as your PS4 toon can afford....then buy it on the PS4 toon. The PC toon gets the cash, then the PS4 toon can send it back to the PC. You'll lose the 5% listing fee, but unless you are getting into the 100's of millions, it's not a lot...much less than $15 worth.

One thing you can do if you want and if you have all the amenities on your PS4 toon, grant access to your PC toon, set their base up on the same location as the PS4 one, then you can walk out the door and back in and use the amenities there. Which is handy if you are just getting rolling on the PC.
    • Like x 1
  4. ADarklore New Player

I had $135M on my PS4 toon, which I had just subbed there and realized I wanted to jump to PC, so subbed there too... and yeah, was able to transfer cash and some stuff between toons.
    • Like x 1
  5. Trended Active Player

Done the same last year and my pc is account is already better sp cr and styles you got this :)
    • Like x 1
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There is no graphics update in the works. The Ps5 client isnt even in the works yet or at best beginning dev stage.

Ps5 client doesnt mean graphics upgrade and neither does it mean that the ps4 wont be able to start dcuo - at least not for a very long time.

If a graphics upgrade will happen, pc will definitely get it too.
    • Like x 2
  7. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

i have the same probme basically i have a ps4. i was saving money literaly just to get a pc gamer because i read about the game is going to move to ps5 because the ps5 it cost 239999 pesos argentina and the pc cost 53000 pesos argentina and i just wating that four days i will have the money to buy the computer .if you just want to know how much it is ? check the price of the dollar in south america especifically in argentina .so i will have to start everything again :c right now i have 423 sps and all the dark metal chromas,power chromas and a buch of rare styles in my main toon and i have my artifacts in good level .literaly i was a f2p player for 4 years and i got 360 sps and as member in one month i got the rest
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Unless you read it direct from Mepps, Panderus or any official green name on the forums, it's a megaton of BS. The game is NOT going to move to the PS5, the Devs are working on a client for the PS5 so that it can run natively instead of compatibility mode (which will give faster load times, better error reporting and things like that). So you don't need to buy a new system or PC for quite some time.
    • Like x 4
  9. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

to late . my father put one part his money to buy the new pc
    • Like x 1
  10. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I mean, now you can have both. You can keep playing DCUO on your PS4 and don't need the gaming PC for that, BUT the PC still opens up lots of other games you can get and play. If you're getting the PC, I recommend making a Steam account and taking a look at what's on there. It has a lot, including loads of very cheap games by smaller devs and a lot of them are quite the hidden gems. Plus, there's a lot of retro games on there like various early Sega games. So it's not really a loss. :D
    • Like x 2
  11. ADarklore New Player

As noted in the post: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/graphics-update-2023.319579/#post-4462537

This was reported to investors for DCUO's future, and I quote: "Investment in graphics upgrade and the largest expansion content to date for 2023".
    While I understand that due to recent mass exodus of developers this will cause delays, however, it was clear that it was part of DI's plan for DCUO for a 'graphics upgrade' in 2023. I don't need to hear it from anyone in the forums, as this comes direct from what was provided to investors, unless you're saying that DI/Daybreak were lying to investors. Perhaps this was part of the plan EG7 has for what they said was, money coming to DCUO with the cancellation of the Marvel MMO. Now they have the funds, they just need the personnel.
    • Like x 2
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

His reply was more about the 'going to PS5' part, meaning likely exclusive access on PS5... dropping the 4. Similar to what happened with PS4/PS3 when the game went to PS4.

However, as when the PS3/PS4 change happened, there will be overlap. So even if PS5 gets a client update (what is actually happening to the client) that shouldn't mean PS4 is dropping anytime soon.

In either case, yeah, a graphic upgrade plan wouldn't be impacted by a new client for PS5 (unless they make an engine change...which would be a BIIIIG undertaking. I could see if it were a major textures or processing update, that the PS4 might not be able to take advantage of it...but I'd guess it will still be supported for some time. Again that was not your topic, but what Khal was replying to. And yeah, WHEN they will be shedding the PS4, it will likely be announced here as well as other outlets, I'd guess months or even a year in advance.
    • Like x 1
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. ADarklore New Player

Well now that that's out of the way... :p I'm curious to know how easy it is to solo older duos for feats with stat clamping now? I figured I could queue up with my PS toon and simply solo the mission... but then I was reading about stat clamping and not so sure how successful that would be. Thoughts? Oh, and I think I'm changing my powers... to Sorcery... just not feeling the Electric vibe and miss running Fury. I've read that open world bounties have also gotten more difficult with stat clamping, but running a 'battle healer' or 'battle tank' build people have had success soloing. Thoughts?
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yeah may need to slip a shield into your loadout for certain duos but they can be soloed easy.
    • Like x 2
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As Lorax said, duos are pretty easy. Bounties are a different story. Most can be solo'd with a proper 'battle' build, but I'd say tanks have advantages over healers and healers over trolls. That doesn't mean you can't do it a troll power...or with Sorcery (or Electric) but you might need to tweak and refine things as you try a few to get the right mix of healing/damage deferral(shields) and damage output. Straight role will take a long time....straight DPS you will likely die....somewhere in the middle? Profit!

Except for the 'because it's there' challenge of doing it, there is not a lot of advantage to soloing anyway. Many times there are groups shouting in LFG for a particular bounty or a 'T5-T6 bounty run' where a few players will run through all the bounties for quick marks. Even if you do end up solo, a shout in that OW area or in LFG 'Starting XYZ boss' will generally get a body or 2 to show up. At a minimum it will take longer...likely long enough you could have spammed a quick solo like Funhouse a few times or the WV solo with the extra marks from the Adaptives might pay even better for the same time investment.

Again, there is the 'challenge' aspect, but once you've beaten a few, even that kind of dries up unless you add an artificial 'hurdle' like not using a soder, your ally or maybe a Supply drop.
  17. ADarklore New Player

Thanks for taking the time to write. The reason I'm wondering about being able to solo some content is initially I'm going to be looking to do feats and I've been reading several posts about people either not being able to complete bounties due to nobody showing up even with LFG, or cannot find people to run older content for feats; so I'm trying to plan for all scenarios. Initially I want to focus on doing as much solo-centric feats while learning rotations, leveling artifacts and allies, etc.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

There are tons of solo feats to do, or ones that require no actual skill, like buying styles, so get some of those out of the way just running FOS3/DD raids, collecting the SM and buying the 10 mark styles or getting emblems from TCs out of the broker. Duos feats can be done with a friend or sometimes with a 'can someone queue me in then leave' request. Heck, if you still have your PS4 account, queue yourself in! You always have someone to get you into duos from now on! There are almost no bounty feats (maybe none) that require any skill other than the skill to repeat killing a boss many times, so keep your eye on LFG, form a hunting group or learn to solo...they are all doable one way or the other. And yes...most times someone will show up, although you might need to shout a few times or move to another area and double back later. Not every area is active every time, but SOME area is active at most times...pick your spot and adjust your expectations if needed.

Alert and raid feats? Well those are a different story. Good luck with those, but you'll have plenty to work on outside of those for a while anyway.
    • Like x 1
  19. Kestral Committed Player

Easiest way to transfer stuff is to either run both your PC and PS4 account at the same time or just have them in the same League so you can use that bank. You can not trade catalysts between each other. Money would have to be via the Broker. EX your PC character sells a trash item for a high amount and your PS4 character buys it. You lose a bit in the exchange though. It might be better to just trade items/collections that you've bought with the PS4 account.

It's really boring but also really easy to get your duel feats by running both accounts at the same time so that's a plus.
    • Like x 2
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Careful now, you'll get the purists mad because you are encouraging not 'earning' those feats. That's a no-no 'round these parts.
    • Like x 1