booster bundle remix

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cutie, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Cutie Level 30

this game is getting to be a cash grab and online gambling i spent the 85 dollars for 100 dollars and i got nothing but crappy aura boxes that are worth nothing much and not one premium box or anything good for that matter i feel so ripped off that i dont even want to support dc ever again it shouldnt be online gambling to get something from a bundle
  2. Irvynnge Loyal Player

you pays your money, you take you chances.

yeah, it sucks, but it is what it is. at no point anywhere does it say that you're gonna get the big shiny. in fact, they made it perfectly clear that your chances of getting the big shiny were pretty damned slim. you knew that, & you took a chance. & you lucked out. I know it stinks. but you've no one else to blame but yourself.
    • Like x 3
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you don’t like gambling than don’t get these boxes. They clearly say 5% drop chance for the premium box. It’s a chance. Some will get it first box while others will never see it.
    • Like x 5
  4. Effinity New Player

Don't know if I believe in "Luck", but so far I've opened $300 worth (3 15k bundles) and i've gotten 5 premiums total.

I hope you eventually get one or many too!
  5. Proxystar #Perception

The fact that there's people out there spending hundreds of dollars on the chance of a cosmetic is why these sale practices persist,

Some people have more disposable money than sense and on that matter sometimes have less sense than disposable income and end up going hungry for the chance at a shaded comic.

OP I feel sorry for you, my advice, find contentment in what you do or can get, I feel sorry for you and there needs to be a better way for these cosmetics to be provided, but like I said when you've got people dropping hundreds it's only going to further fuel the marketing tactic.
    • Like x 6
  6. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I've said it before but I'll say it again, all these Booster Bundles and Time Capsules do is show how terrible DCUO's Marketplace is.
  7. nawanda Loyal Player

With the odds being available, spending 100 dollars comes with a clearly low reasonable expectation of getting the rare, for which the OP has to take some sort of ownership. If you don’t want buyer’s remorse, you probably shouldn’t buy.
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If people didn't flip their lids when they offered the Batman cowl in the marketplace for $20 with no RNG, fully redeemable on all your toons in perpetuity, we probably wouldn't be here. This is what happens when people cry about the fair prices for cosmetics with no "gotcha" mechanics behind them.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Exactly. Most games offer cosmetics for $10+ minimum for one toon. But for direct purchase. People complained about the price so instead they do this. I find it funny when people expect premium items to sell for $2 and would be redeemable on all toons lol
    • Like x 4
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I found the $20 to be a bit steep because I think anything over my monthly membership cost feels steep to me. I'm also not a huge Batman fan, so that played a factor. I still paid the $20 because I supported them providing the item that way instead of in a lottery box.

Here's the rub with $20 seeming steep, though: We (members) get $5 back each month that we can save up. Four months, and that seemingly steep item is actually very reasonable. If it were something I really wanted, I would pay upwards of 6-12 months by that line of thought. Heck, I just did last month for the Superman ally and some favor/alliance to level up.
    • Like x 1