Can we get a weekly CR cap removal?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ItsMeAgain, Jul 1, 2022.

1. ItsMeAgain Well-Known Player

Seeing it's a very touchy topic and people argue yes and/or no, I figured why not just give us a weekly event to where our CR cap is lifted....Thoughts...
    • Like x 4
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You mean the clamp? Like have certain content that is not clamped for a week? i.e the 'spotlight' events?

Good luck with that.
    • Like x 1
  3. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Lol
    • Like x 2
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I dig it. Kinda like a "feats week" (similar to LPVE week that helps feats), where others can experience and achieve feats much like the rest of us did pre-clamp :p

Doesn't bother me any either way, especially since I have them all already :cool:
    • Like x 2
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

End Game content isnt CR Capped and older Content gets CR increased matching End Game during the Save the Universe Event. Your request has been completed :D
    • Like x 2
  7. Wallachia Devoted Player

I don't waste time thinking.
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That explains a whole lot...Ok. :D;):p
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What people need to do is accept the current reality. Lifting the clamp for a week will only encourage people to keep beating this dead horse, keeping them unable to move on. Bad idea all around.
    • Like x 4
  10. Wallachia Devoted Player

It really does tho :v
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While I have personally accepted reality....like it or not...you have to admit, the same thing was said for years against the 'give us more source marks...er, the clamp' community. So yeah...eventually things can turn the other way.

But I agree, the horse is beat to a pulp....but so was the 'clamp' horse. Makes me feel bad for the horses in either case.
    • Like x 4
  12. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

The game code got completely modified for stat clamping, which from what I understand was quiet the endeavor lol. So, I think in order to pull something off like a week of clamp free content, there would need to be a lot of code written to turn the clamped content on & off. I really don't see that happening. The Company has more pressing projects to finish first, like the next DLC which is delayed until October.

They are still in the process of hiring / training new people too, so there is that to factor in also. The world is different now from what it was in 2019, and to me, not in a good way. I would encourage everyone to have more patience not only with the Devs here, but everywhere as lots of businesses are stretched past their limits and lots of people are under stress now at their jobs. I know I am.

Perhaps the upcoming Save the Universe event will be more of a compromise? I read somewhere, I think it was Khal who said it, not sure, that the Save the Universe content would be equal to current End Game CR levels? So that might mean it will be like the Event version of all current Death Metal content, idk, this is just me interpreting what I read. So if you are at like say CR 375 now, you will be very strong in Save the Universe and can laugh at the feeble attempts of those NPCs to stop you from your mission. :)
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

How about the do an wvent that’s opposite of save the Universe and downscale content to level/CR 30?
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The content will be scaled up to endgame level, but not "laugh at the feeble attempts of those NPCs" level. There will be Regular and Elite version of the content...I haven't checked to see if there is an "Event Mode" version or if that will be served by lower level clamped version.
    • Like x 2
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

No one likes to be "lowered down".
    • Like x 1
  16. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Awww...., that's too bad. I will have to wait & see what kind of gear drops or if we are rewarded with current End Game currency for playing Save the Universe before I decide to play it or not. I avoided the last one completely. Of course it might actually be enjoyable.
  17. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I agree with this 1,000,000%!
    • Like x 2
  18. Illumin411 Loyal Player

No. I’m saying players would be exactly how they are in endgame content but the scaled down content for the event would be at level/CR 30.