Omnibusted

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AJPro, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah...had this last night. Opted out of 3 or 4 'hard' (relative term) runs while doing dailies and just as I was finished and ready to accept anything...DD pops! Huzzah!. Then it declines 3x and pops again, finally getting in on the 4th. I mean who declines DD on Omni?
    • Like x 1
  2. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I think the struggle a lot of players have with Omnibus is that some content is almost virtually un-puggable vs content that is pretty easy-going in comparison. And various players have various experiences because well that's how Omnibus is designed, to be random instances. Like take this bonus week for example, BoP spotlight. Que in for Brimstone and Fire raid on Omnibus (which is the heavily favoured raid being farmed this weekend) and generally regardless of the group's experience and even if you're down a Support or two (I literally completely it with a very inexperienced Tank AND Healer who didn't seem to want to do either role) it's entirely possible to complete mostly due to mechanics relying on the turrets. So easy peasy Omnibus run. Now let's que in Omnibus and oh look we get Clocktower. Do you think pugging Clocktower with a group of randoms it'll be possible to complete? And no using LFG or Leagues/friends doesn't count you gotta fully pug it to prove my point that BoP Clocktower is a very difficult raid to PUG overall. There's a reason most players farmed Renown in BnF than that Clocktower. Anyways depending on the content and it's mechanics in that episode sometimes it can really be challenging with groups that have mixed experience and toons of differing CR/SP/Artifacts levels. I don't think players like AJPro and Tiffany are wrong in that you can really have disastrous results in Omnibus and for a system that's meant to help newer players it's not really fair to expect them to somehow beat what might feel like random Elite because the stats clamp can be very unfair if the mechs are too challenging without experienced Support roles. I'm not against Omnibus or stats clamp in general for the most part but I just don't see if players are going to struggle in it that telling them to "get good" will solve anything? I got no clue how to exactly tweak Omnibus to be better but something's got to be improved in general I feel for the sake of the overall playerbase. Just saying
    • Like x 4
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It will take a miracle to get any movement on PvP any time soon, and I don't see any miracles on the horizon.
    • Like x 1
  4. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

We have to have hope, Khal. :)
    • Like x 1
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You say you have no clue but you already said it. Omnibus as a concept is fundamentally flawed because instances fluctuate WILDLY in difficulty. But every time I or someone else points that out, it’s “hur dur I can do that instance, why can’t you, git gud lmao?”. The only other thing I can think of is to remove instances widely agreed to be disproportionately difficult from the pot, but that arguably undermines the point of Omnibus.
    • Like x 2
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It's a legitimate question. Outside of disabilities, why aren't people getting good/asking for advice instead of immediate nerfs??? You think this game is hard now...you would have ran for the hills when this game was actually challenging*.

*Elite is challenging, but mostly for the artificial difficulties (multiple overlapping insta-kill mechanics & death limits), as opposed to general good design.
    • Like x 1
  7. AJPro Committed Player

Impossible….i labeled that because sitting there for 45 min in tank mode killing a world boss is not impossible but in my hell no ridiculous amount of time to beat old crap pile. Btw i love when people label complaining as whines. How about i see every open world dead and the only bounties being run are by groups lfg the life out of it. Again the stat clamp defenders make me laugh….do you actually play the game? If you did you would see what a ghost town old content is because it absolutely sucks running old content and taking close to as long as original ….again totally stupid….clearly the devs are in your obtuse camp for some crazy reason. Final note my label is AJPro is nothing to do with gaming and it is incomplete. How trolly to attack someones name when they are saying something is broken.
    • Like x 2
  8. AJPro Committed Player

My biggest issue is that phantom zone literally comes up 9/10 times and then is the only thing to trigger…omnibus has to be broken
    • Like x 1
  9. AJPro Committed Player

My largest issue is time. I do not hate having to follow mechanics and know what i am doing in old content…i loath and hate that it takes as long as it did when first released…it actually takes longer that near the end of it release because by then people had everything down and had the latest gear.
    So Devs here is something i argued all the time…stat clamp our health and buff our attacks…so stupid groups die and people who follow the mechanics can get through it quick.
    • Like x 1
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

[IMG]

just another I'm not good enough to complete content not at level but also above the CR thresholds thread. or I'm not a team player and all these pug are hurting my run threads

the whole time argument also
    if you don't want to play the game then don't. there not here to cater to your time.
    content takes as long as it takes dependent on your group and skill level. taking more or less time than at launch is entirely in your control.

build a group or don't run content you don't wish too.

I will agree however that the omni seems to lean or push players into specific content based on where the devs are pushing at a given time. it should simply be a que filler.

2 to 3 players que for blank custom content
    omni should fill that que
    not force most players into x,y,or,z piece on content lets say for this week its fos and that's all that ques.

that aspect should be addressed
    • Like x 1
  11. Grim931 Committed Player

I legitimately tried this, and had way too many runs with people who had no idea what they were doing... very few runs went smooth. Most were alerts, where the few who lacked the skills or stats to complete where a major part of the team. Duos and Raids didn't seem to have the same problem.

For me, it's not the difficulty of the content either, because it isn't. It's the fact that one or two incompetent people can ruin a run that I could have easily done solo before this was implemented... I also liked steam-rolling through previous content. In a game where the entire concept is to be superhuman and get stronger... why is this all of a sudden coaligned with a lack of skill or frowned upon?

And if you're forming groups just to get through it, then this clearly isn't working as intended. That also counters the argument that this is for new players, considering you'd be running with maxed out league-mates or friends. Literally no point to be stat-clamped in that instance, it's just adding time to a run for no reason at all. Guess new players are still doomed to fail, just in a different way so it can be aligned with certain view points. It's only a positive until it isn't, then we just neglect to bring that part of it up.

It just isn't fun anymore for me though, so I did quit playing. It's time consuming and boring. Older content used to fill time between actual ques and be a relaxing break between doing relevant content for me. I'd use it to introduce my friends to the game as something to strive for, being that powerful was proof of what all the time invested let me become. I would also do style runs, or the monotonous feats with counters. Now, I won't touch it, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

I played off and on since the demo on PS3, and this is the single most disappointing update that this game has undergone for me.
    • Like x 4
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I'm sorry for your experience but its been my experience that 2-3 people can carry all the reg content in this game regardless of what the others in the group are doing. now getting a feat accomplished with a pug group that's another story and what friends and leagues are for but just getting through the content is no harder now than before I still power through almost everything in game. even with the clamp we can still out burn a lot of the mechanics just not to the extent that we break the instances.

my advice would be to have friends but to each their own this game isn't meant to be played alone
  13. Grim931 Committed Player

That's why I said it was mainly in alerts... it's still aggravating either way knowing what I could've done before compared to currently. I hate playing with a handicap, and that's all this stat clamp is essentially. Clearly not everyone is enjoying it across the board, and it's insane to dismiss everyone's opinion right from the start. This far into it, and people are still running into problems or have quit altogether.

The group thing makes sense to an extent. I'd still much rather have the ability to carry others or complete anything than what we are currently stuck with. From my point of view, I'm more inclined to help others while knowing we aren't struggling to complete content. It's easier to guide and provide help or feedback while not concentrating on performing all the mechanics perfectly.

But that's me, I'm not looking for anyone to agree. Just see things from a different perspective.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

People don't care to get better in run X because run Y pays the same and is faster/easier. Except for feat runs (which should not be done via omni save 'list' feats), why run a 'hard' run when you can just leave and re-queue? Why try and get better if you can just trudge through relying on other people to get you there? You are correct though...no further nerfing is needed and if it goes in, we might as well dump the clamp altogether.

When we had only 2 or 3 pieces of content to progress, you were forced to get better or stay in solo/ow content, which meant much slower progression in most cases. This is still relatively true in endgame, but even in that MOST of it is not tough enough that everyone needs to be 'good' or better. Was in FVR last night...we were at last boss before anyone mentioned that the tank was still sitting at spawn. We kicked and just 7 man'ed with no tank....still done in <11 min. And this one will be in Omni in a few months. Except for 'group wipe' mechanics like the TSD orbitals and the TSW eye beam blast...it won't matter if people know mechanics on these runs either.

This is why there should be some gate in Omni. Maybe a particular raid(headline), or maybe some feat or just completing some percentage of the previous tier. It would require someone HAS to complete something else before progressing, which might be all the incentive someone needs to give it a bit more effort. Something that takes even an ounce of co-ordination or thoughtfulness. I know this goes against the 'everything is open to everyone' feel they are going for, but maybe not everything should be open all the time?
    • Like x 3
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

On the time issue, you are kind of right. Yes...if something takes too long, you can NOT play it. This is generally my stance and I rarely play old content outside of what it takes to get my omni rewards for the week.

However, in the case where you DO want the run and are willing to spend the time to get the job done properly, that time can vary wildly due to the system that is put in place now. Randoms are incentivized to queue into your run, when they have no idea what they are doing A) in the game or B) in that run, yet they are not incentivized to do well or stay. At least pre clamp, if I queued LnW, everyone who landed in with me WANTED LnW and had some incentive to stay. The difficulty meant that once in, there would be little chance of issues. Now...is that the right way? No...maybe not. But you were able to get done what you needed and had a reasonable idea of how much or little time it would take. Yes, you COULD build a group now, but honestly I think it's harder to fill out an 8 man group now that it was before as before you just needed bodies to queue (this should have been fixed a LONG time before the clamp went in) and now you need 'capable' bodies for the most part. Capable bodies are sorely lacking today...at least in EEG.
  16. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

BULLSEYE!!!

Well put, sir/madam. WELL PUT!
    • Like x 2
  17. Proxystar #Perception

No, that's just because I keep custom queuing phantom zone, because it's my favorite, stop rejecting the queue bro!
    • Like x 1
  18. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Are you backtracking what you said now? I didn’t respond to omni instances, other players have already given their feedback. It’s the same issue with players who voice their concerns like you. You don’t like what others have to say even if it’s constructive and gives advice. We been through this over and over and I know Proxystar has had enough. I commented only on your comment about bounties being impossible. Again it can be done in both dps role and support role. I called you out on it and you didn’t like it. I’m in the NA server also there’s no issues with what you said about being dead. It’s usually the EU side. I play tank I don’t need to wait for complainers like you to get the job done.

You did exactly nothing constructive in your original post? Why is that? You didn’t say which bounty was or is impossible for you. You just couldn’t help but add stats clamp being so bad because players like you can’t be bothered to learn and adapt. Your name is just irony enough said.
  19. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2