Forgotten knowledge

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lllStrichcodelll, Jun 25, 2022.

1. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Remember when skins werent a thing for decades because the devs simply didnt know how to recreate them?

Fairly recently they reacquired that knowledge.

I just thought about who was involved and realized that all of them left DI recently (at least the ones we knew of).

I just wondered if it has been documented this time, or if we wont see another skin again for quite some time to come - again.

:D
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I think Charon said before he left that there were new skins in the works?
  3. Eve YouTuber

We really need actual new skins and not the same skins with lines on them (Like Doll Skin) plus I don't want to see a new skin in a capsule again....should be added to the skins vendor and character creation. I am worried that since Oceans & Charon both left that nobody knows how to do skins now. :(
    • Like x 6
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm sure they weren't the only 2 people on the team that worked on the Doll Skin.
    • Like x 1
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I dunno, if I recall correctly, oceans was the only one who figured out how to get the fishnets working with new skins. Could've been just a couple people knowing the skin codes lol.
    • Like x 1
  6. inferno Loyal Player

Forgotten Knowledge and Skins?

What Dark Arts do ye speak of?
    • Like x 2
  7. STsource Well-Known Player

No No they never had the technology to do it, remember? lmao

I think they have a MASSIVE backlog of items add to the game.
  8. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I'd really like to see some expressions skins added, like imperious, lunatic, sarcastic, shy, cheeky, grim, etc, that sort of thing. & more comprehensive age-related skins - teen, young, grown-up, middle-age, old, ancient. as well as fresh do-overs for the skins currently available. & all - every single one of them - should be available at character creation, or, at the very least, off the skin vendors.
    • Like x 1
  9. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I'd also like to see the age and expression skins have versions for different races like the basic skin. Also be cool if we could have a skin that both made our characters look a particular age and have a particular expression. According to the wiki, they seem to have planned to have expressions as their own thing at some point in development, which would be cool if instead of having it be a whole separate skin there were just age and expression "effects" that would put that age or that expression on the character with whatever skin they have but IDK how doable that would be. All my characters have such RBF and it makes sense for some but not so much for others.... especially the ones with the comical personality.....
    • Like x 1
  10. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I'm guessing the best we could hope for there would be multiple expression variants for each separate skin. so, six or seven different expressions across four or five age skins each ( Young - Happy, Young - Grim, Young - Sarcastic, etc ). I know it would be incredibly time-consuming for them to do, but it would be awesome to have that little extra personalisation.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This guy hasn't forgotten.....
    [IMG]

Now put the lotion on....
    • Like x 1
  12. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Reinheld, I don’t get it :(
    • Like x 1
  13. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I doubt they are going to do many things that cant be monetized now that the team was reduced and 2 of the devs who worked the most on their vacations and after hours (Oceans and Charon) have quit the company.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Movie reference. Maybe before your time.

Watch it though....good movie...and you'll get it afterwards.
    • Like x 1
  15. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Yep, 6 years before I was born lol
  16. Eve YouTuber

The team got new Devs from the cancelled Marvel MMO so if they were taught the tricks, they probably can do alot more. It will take them time to establish, for sure
  17. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

While thats true, dont forget that daybreak has to sign such things and in times like these, they rather go the safe route. Allies/artifacts/lootboxes to build up their safetynet again, wich they slightly reduced during HoL Dlc.
    • Like x 1
  18. Solarbound Committed Player

Speaking of reduce....

DC Universe Online Steam Charts - Live Player Count (steamplayercount.com)

All of the data you needed to see condensed into one spot for you;)