Booster Bundle perfect example of broken economy!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by appocolyps, Jun 25, 2022.

1. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Well...

Purchasing a Booster Bundle is a "choice", not a requirement. There are no items in a Booster Bundle that will help your game progress. Purchasing something from another player is a "risky choice" and purchasing something from gold sellers is a "bad choice" and is not worth it. If "YOU" decide to buy a Premium Box from another player then that is "YOUR CHOICE" and at "YOUR RISK"; the devs have "NOTHING" to do with that.

However, if the Premium Boxes were account bound and players had to open it to get a sellable item, that may have curbed the pricing a little. Just a suggestion.

Bulk hoarding and then selling that hoard for a higher price has been around since MMO's became popular. The real issue is the pressure some players feel about having the best/most expensive cosmetic items in the game. Having your character look good while playing the game is nice, but how long does that sugar high last? Not long at all, especially when the next new and tasty cosmetic shiny is just around the corner.
    • Like x 2
  2. inferno Loyal Player

$300? I can spend that in so maany ways in my numerous collection. I just drool at having that much extra cash.

I was going to put down a list of things I could buy with that but as I was going through it, the temptation of spending $300, just because, was ever increasing. Lol.

All I want from the BB is the comic shaded and that thing is worth $20 to me and account-wide access for all my toons.
  3. STsource Well-Known Player

There is literally a tsunami of bans across Europe stopping these of sort boxes.

But like many have said you take the risk when buying booster bundle nobody else's fault but your own.
    • Like x 1
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Your basis isn’t wrong but ultimately human nature is what it is. Changing human nature is never a realistic or viable solution to a problem but it is often possible to protect humans from themselves.
    • Like x 1
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I've clearly upset you. I do apologize
    • Like x 1
  6. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

No! God no lol! Not at all. I’ve seen you type in several threads on here. You actually seem like one of the more sensible people, and not here just to derail threads. I’m an a**hole by nature! Well… I’m passionate I suppose lol! You haven’t upset me in the slightest. I do genuinely apologise if I’ve made you believe you have. Honestly wasn’t my intention at all.
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This is actually a better example of why a marketplace cap wouldn't 'fix' the economy. It would drive trades off the game and to against TOS, scam-heavy, alternatives.

But yeah....the high rarity does make it more attractive to those desperate to get a 'rare' item. Now granted, someone DID buy the BB to sell it to a gold seller to resell. I'd guess they are not buying BBs....they are too business savvy to waste money on gambling and I'd guess would have no use for the 'value' items they'd get.
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Oh, it's not. I don't do it personally but I know plenty of guys who will spend hours on dress up, comparing styles and 'critiquing' each other. It's probably more aggressive than the ladies do it('look at you bro....you trash in that cosmic aura'), but yeah....we have some clothes horses on the men's side too.
    • Like x 3
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

The game economy most certainly is the devs fault and responsibility. If they aren’t doing anything to actually fix it, the least they could do is expand the amount we are allowed to trade, or remove the limit completely. It is ridiculous right now
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Nah...cause the game has kept me for 10+ years for pretty much the same reasons. So let's stay looking super Gucci and forget the haters!!! :D
    • Like x 5
  11. Stamen Dedicated Player

I absolutely 100% don't care about the style boxes and tend to sell them a ton cheaper than anyone else on the market. It's a good deal for the replays and the Nth metal alone. When I sell a style box, I just go buy some collections and finish off some feats as I am able. I do get the thought behind the OP -- but there are so few feat points attached to whatever money I make on the broker selling, that it doesn't affect game play at all.

The only thing these bundles affect is the ego of the guys wearing them. And I am, for one, happy to sell to them.
    • Like x 1
  12. gofeezy New Player

Agree with Inferno, would also add, i think the powerset aura/mats should have been added to the market place just like the powerset weapons styles.
  13. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

AWESOME!
    • Like x 2
  14. Brit Loyal Player

Makes me wish there was a trade forum here.
  15. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

All about the styles, 'bout the styles, no trouble :p:D:eek:;)
    • Like x 1
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

How i feel standing in my designated area in the HoL
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

That’s the “Do Not Approach” barrier.
    • Like x 1
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

Am i really that bad? lol
    • Like x 1
  20. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player