Return to earth 3 annoyances

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Essential Exobyte, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Let’s talk turkey about this last boss fight. And this is about the “regular” alert.

Does anyone else find the mechanics annoying as they keep getting targeted by the red circle over and over and can’t do anything else but dodge and try not to be thrown around like a rag doll? There’s not even enough time to avoid it and bam, tossed aside and then targeted again. So ridiculous.

Doom form. Oh my. Doing my rotation, triangle is next, transformed and untransformed instantly, like thanks… No warning going into it. And when you are in doom form, you still take damage from the spores. I believe you should be immune to that damage as you are literally sucking up the spores for breakfast. If you don’t have a healer, then what’s the point if you gonna die doing it.

This boss fight is so front loaded. Once you get him down like 30% then it’s cakewalk. But before that, it’s ridiculous.

Tanking him is not fun as well. Every time you go near him, you get shoved aside. Why is that? Does he have some sort of auto-social-distancing-pushback-that-knocks-you-six-feet-away every time you go near him? Again, utter ridiculousness.

I know this has been out for 2 months, I am surprised nobody else has really spoken up about this fight and it’s shenanigans.

Ps.
    (Idc about event or eleet, this is solely about “regular”)
    • Like x 1
  2. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

But you are immune in doom form. You won't get any new dot if you walk around in the spores, it's just that any dot you have as you transform will still run its course.

I agree, that's really annoying! However it's so weak and brief that I often don't manage to break out properly, thus it keeps bugging me much of the fight.
    Maybe they prepared us to reeeaaally want the upcoming Lex ally :D
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The red circle doesn't bother me as much when I'm DPS because Solar Amp keeps me from getting knocked around but as a healer it is annoying. A few times my character bugs out when transformed, just T-poses and can't don't anything until the transformation wears off.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's no sense in tanking him since he's scripted. If all that character does is tank than use a ranged loadout.
    • Like x 2
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

There isn’t really a need to eliminate the spores so the quicker you get out of doom form the better anyway.

As for the red circle, I’m pretty sure it’s based on who’s done the most damage in the last X-amount time frame. When I’m in a blind queue pug group and doubling or tripling the other DPS’s, it’s on me almost every time. If there are actually decent DPS’s with me, it’s spread a bit more evenly. I clip in my immunity shield on my main or my breakout immunity on my alt (my DPS atomic aura activator) if it’s available so I don’t have to keep interrupting my rotation every time the circle is on me. But if it’s a situation like the former where it’s on me practically every time, my immunity shield will only be off cooldown every 2 or 3 circles. So yeah, that gets pretty annoying. I’m pretty sure the breakout trinket will have the same effect if you’re not a troll or tank power or would just rather sacrifice a utility slot instead of a power slot. Though the cooldown is much longer.
    • Like x 1
  6. CraccaGeneral Active Player

The red circle targets whoever is closest to where he originally spawns at. So if you don't like avoiding it then be further away from the center than someone else.
  7. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Hmm, usually when I’m transformed I have a dot on me so figured it was a new dot and not an old one. Anyway, still annoying that we can get killed by the same dot even with being in doom form. You’d think the dot would disappear…
  8. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I’ve had the t-pose glitch already. Very ridiculous if I say so. Just strutting around doing nothing while im-posing your wannabe pew-pews on the boss. Ugh. Hate it.

As far as healing, I would suggest a range loadout. Dodge and heal in a nut shell.
  9. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Is that how that works? Weird. Do tell!
  10. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

It's funny when you get turned into Doomsday without the Devastator spores being up yet. Also yes that weird locked arms out position when you go into Doomsday mode sometimes and the red quake circle are definitely annoying.
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

As annoying as all this stuff is, I’d rather run it a hundred times than deal with that Mxy awfulness from the last episode again.
    • Like x 1