Changing Character Select Interface?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Eve YouTuber

I think this is long overdue(And maybe we will get it with the 2023 update idk)...
    But this is really annoying having to scroll in this old Interface when you look for a specific character between 27 characters (And some has more lol).....

So maybe divide them by Magic, Tech and Meta characters lists. Organize it abit. It doesn't have to be a massive change but it will definitely be a quality of life one. Make it easier to scroll between the characters, by level, CR or even creation date. Idk. But something.

Also ... this one is more a personal request but for those of us who love to add stories to our characters maybe add a section in the character select where we can write a short paragraph about our characters when we select them. Guild Wars 2 has a system in place where they ask us a few questions and let us choose between options to tell the story of our characters. So something similar will be awesome if you don't want to risk players writing inappropriate stuff.
    • Like x 9
  2. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I'd love to be able to add a short biography / summary for each character. that'd be a nice little touch. also, I'd really like to be able to choose my character's stance. if they could just give us the same poses as we get for the statues in our league halls to choose from, that would be super most awesome please & thank you. to be fair, I only got the 16 toons, so sorting them out isn't too great a deal, but, yeah, why not have the option to sort them into meta / magic / tech, or hero / villain, or in order of date of creation. the more options the better, as far as I'm concerned.
    • Like x 3
  3. Eve YouTuber

Females still have the men stance if they are using powerful stance :( So it really disappointing and looks really weird.
    • Like x 4
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Some new backgrounds would be nice too.
    • Like x 4
  5. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I hate when I get an item from a TC, or from a Daily Reward, gift, or whatever, that I want to use on one character... Going into that character to collect the new shiny means I then have to go through (potentially) the other 27, starting each one up in turn, and switching out again, to get them back into the right order.

Can the character select screen be updated so that a character can just be dragged into the preferred place in the list?
    • Like x 4
  6. L T Devoted Player

I think we used to get a new background every episode. I don't think they're that hard to create.
    • Like x 2
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah, they stopped when monthly episodes started.
    • Like x 1
  8. Irvynnge Loyal Player

yeah, I gotta admit I do this, too. my characters are in a specific order on the select screen, &, yes, I have to keep them in that order. some kind of a drag & drop sort mechanic would be very very VERY appreciated.
    • Like x 3
  9. L T Devoted Player

Yeah they stopped doing new worlds for a while. That's no longer the case.

Most of my toons are stuck on New Genesis. It would be nice to move them to Thanagar ;)
    31st century would be even better.
    • Like x 3
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Surprising absolutely nobody, I’d want Atlantis. ;)
    • Like x 2
  11. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Be cool if we could even organize them how we want a bit, like select a handful of mains/primary toons that always stay at the top. I'd also love to be able to organize my toons based on the groups/teams they're in story-wise and/or the universes they're in story-wise (I have my own little multiverse lmao). I'd also love to be able to give each character a different background that's fitting for them on the character select screen.

Also, not quite clear what you mean by powerful personality women having the "man stance" since that personality is the same for both. Could ya please clarify?
    • Like x 4
  12. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]

the position is abit difference between the genders, mostly of hands and legs. (Male is leaning forward abit too)
    We get the male stance on a female in the character selection:
    [IMG]

My character in game;
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  13. Eve YouTuber

Today's bump for those who missed the thread. I'll list the requests here so far:

- Easier way to sort characters
    - Adding a short paragraph in the character select for each character.
    - Changing stances in character select like league hall statues
    - Bringing new backgrounds like Atlantis and Thanagar.
    • Like x 4
  14. Wallachia Devoted Player

Gathering all the ideas here, suggestions:

1. Organize characters alphabetically to make it easier to scroll through names
    2. Instead of fixed backgrounds we could have our bases as character selection screen
    3. An extra tab for character background.

I personally would love to have characters with powers other than from exobytes that Luthor spread on the air like polen.
    • Like x 2
  15. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Great suggestions in this thread! If anything I'd be down for at least more backgrounds added since I'm tired of looking at either nighttime Gotham or planet Zamaron for my characters select. New episode backgrounds from Washington DC to Atlantis etc would be so appreciated.
    • Like x 1
  16. Irvynnge Loyal Player

now, THAT I would love. being able to switch the background to the folly area of your base would be fantastic ( I mean, being able to choose any of the rooms in your base would be a whole lot cooler, of course, but I'm trying to be realistic-ish here ). seriously, I don't know if they'd be able to dedicate someone to working all this out, but I would love to see pretty much every suggestion in this thread so far implemented ( preferably all of them! ).
    • Like x 2
  17. Irvynnge Loyal Player

foyer not folly. eesh.
  18. L T Devoted Player

While I love most of the ideas thrown around in this thread, I'm kinda happy with the way the characters are sorted. I have a bunch of alts, and I find it helpful to see which ones I haven't played in a while.
  19. nawanda Loyal Player

Nothing wrong with the interface as it is. I like it, and I am fond of the music in particular.
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Seems like if you could take a still image of your base(captured in game under the decorator menu maybe), then use that pic as a backdrop it would be doable. I'd guess diving into every toon's base (or bases) and rendering out an image to be selectable for each toon x (up to) 32 toons would make the menu very cumbersome especially if you had some with a LOT of work done in it (as many have).
    • Like x 2