Top Melee Weapon Combo?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TheLorax, Jun 13, 2022.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Is 2H Doomspin still king or was that nerfed into uselessness?
  2. Operation Failure Well-Known Player

I haven't seen anyone using it anymore. I guess it's not worth the risk now.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I wanted to try something new on my tank. I've been using 1H for the past decade.
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Doomspin's still outputting 95-100K ST using a Mental precision DPS build (no SS) - though that amount varies between 80 and 107 depending on criticals and opening combo pieces - and has multi-target damage in the 160 K+ range on the five target set. This is just a quick and dirty test.

So it's not outputting "gadget SS single target DW flurry" numbers or "why isn't this being looked at?" pet build numbers, but it's acceptable. On a Tank? Expect those numbers to be substantially lower - the other side of that coin is, Gallica solo'd Giganta with that exact build: Precision Battle Tank, Two Hand.

Two other combo chains that output similarly for Melee, though they are not as friendly to use, are the Brawling Haymaker - > Home Run chain and the Staff Mastery 3 Hold combo. The Brawling combo is a bit harder to steer, and the Staff combo is ST Only (for some absolutely incomprehensible reason) - but if you're looking for a tree to bark up, I'd try out those three first.
    • Like x 1
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The best melee weapon combo is one handed flurry, if you clip the animation.

Doomspin is still decent, although i would rather recommed bow into smokebomb, just because its faster and more fun to use.
  6. L T Devoted Player

Doomspin is no longer very good.

Brawling is probably still top damage when clipped properly. The last time I tested the weapons the best AOE performers were:
    Brawling/Home Run Mastery
    Brawling/Haymaker
    Martial Arts/Spinning Punch
    Hand Blaster / Fist Slam
    Hand Blaster / Power Discharge
    2-Handed / Spinning Punch Mastery
    1-Handed / Flip Slash

There was a decent drop-off between brawling and the rest, and a cliff-sized drop-off between those and the rest of the melee combos.

For single target, Handblaster's Uppercut performed well last time I tested all the weapons.

Good Luck
    • Like x 3
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Thank you. I'll give all of these a practice run and see which one works best for me.
  8. DCspawn87 Well-Known Player

Curious to know about the pet builds that need to be looked at.