Up-Votes Needed R&D Components drop rate too low

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Anak Panah, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

Hi,

I think the drop rate for R&D Components needed to produced v4 episode generator mods is much too low and needs to be adjusted.

Yesterday I opened 32 episode loot boxes and 8 large episode loot boxes from the current episode and it resulted in 3 (!) R&D Components. You get 4 loot boxes per day for the open world missions, so that was loot for a little more than a week.

Last time I had opened like 28 episode loot boxes and 6 large episode loot boxes and also only got 3 R&D Components.

So let's round that up to 3 R&D Components per week (on average).

A v4 episode specific generator mod needs 10 of the same R&D Components for construction, different components for each type of mod (might, health etc.).

Even if a week's worth of R&D Components would yield exactly the ones you need (which is not the case), you would need three weeks plus (3+3+3+1) to get the components for 1 generator mod.

That means for all 12 generator mods - which are needed for a feat btw. - and under the (false) assumption, you would always get the components you need, you would need 12*3+1 like 37 weeks to get those materials. That's a whopping 8.5 months.

Do the math for the real amount of time assuming you get random components...

Can this be fixed please?
    AP
  2. RahRah Active Player

Not sure why you consider this a bug, but anyhow... The components drop everywhere in the game, so if you ran other content you would see increased drops for those (especially in some of the older content where they seem to drop a lot more). Other than that, you can just buy any from the R&D vendor for source marks or off the broker.
  3. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Are you talking about the R&D components for the new crafted generator mods? Then yeah, it is working as intended for now. You can salvage unwanted generator mods for R&D parts (I've been getting v4 cores for salvaging gen mods from Death Metal) as well as buy them from the R&D vendor.

Since the RNG Spirits LOVE to give you more gen mods you dont need rather than the ones you do, it is safe to assume that the devs expect us to salvage those mods to help craft new ones.
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Op is talking about the other catalysts. The old old oldddd crafting catalysts that I can’t even remember most of the names of. But depending on what mod you’re crafting, you need a bunch of them. They don’t drop much in new content but run some old and they drop like candy. Personally, I don’t want them dropping a ton in new stuff, we already have a ton of inventory clutter. As stated above, you can buy from vendors, from the broker, or just go kill some old enemies.
  5. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

That's exactly what I am talking about. If you were not stockpiling those Ancient Vellums, Overcharged Matters etc. for years, you need a LOT OF TIME to gather the amount which is required to assemble 12 generator mods.

Plus episode content should be self-contained. R&D materials for episode generator mods should drop in the episode, right?

AP
  6. myandria Item Storage

Ahh ok, the old ones. I stand corrected; you CAN buy those from the vendors which I agree is easier than having the drops cluttering up your inventory.
  7. myandria Item Storage

Well,

The best reason I can give for having those R&D components in the R&D vendor is so that you DONT have to spend a lot of time gathering them if you dont want to. That very point was touched on for YEARS before the devs put them in the R&D vendors. They cost 2 source marks each.

A fair debate would be about paying for those older R&D resources. Why not just use in-game cash instead of Source Marks? The in-game money cap has been changed, so there should be little reason to lock them away behind Source Marks.

I dont understand why the devs decided to bring back a part of the old crafting system; it was tedious and frustrating then. :( :mad: