Stat clamp question? Why worlds?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AJPro, Jun 3, 2022.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

It certainly didn't help at all whatsoever so I guess it goes hand-in-hand in some ways eheh
    • Like x 1
  2. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

There is no real peak time to speak of on EU side, seeing as so many are in different time zones. I’ve never checked to see when populations are busiest.

My issue is with the clamp. It limits people entering content from an endgame point, and solo’ing openworld & walk-in content. We all get it’s an MMO. But it’s an MMO with low numbers. So… limiting players abilities to go in and solo content, does nothing more, than leave a paying customer f***ed off! I don’t wanna have my stats clamped, to be pulled back in time, to go slap openworld bosses that I need to slap around x amount of times for feats, when I could do it alone. If allowed too.

I don’t want to sit, screaming for help that doesn’t arrive, for content that’s empty af! I don’t wanna goto 4+ year old content, and have my current gear rendered meaningless. I don’t want the artifacts, allies, that are all maxed, to offer just a little help. I don’t wanna have to need a heal or tank to solo a boss I could slap tf out of several years ago. I’d like to walk in via portals and not have to rely on other to plough through it. Again! This isn’t the U.S. servers, with MANY more playing. I want to get on with doing my feats, on my own, for when I can’t find others. I’ve no interest if it’s an MMO. It wasn’t a problem for anyone when they were solo’ing everything a handful of years ago.

I’m also not I’m also not going from zone to zone expecting ppl to be there. I done this today, to simply show how absolutely f***ing devoid of people it is.

I’m referring to content that is clamped. Before I left the game… I was solo’ing trench mother as dps just because she was in the way. I’m tired of being clamped when I’ve reached the f***ing maximun that I can within the game as far as cr. I’m tired of going into omni stuff with clueless c**ts, and having to explain every single detail and it still wiping. Because of whatever factors that contribute too it. Be it simple mechanics, or a language barrier. I want to be able to go into pardox as a queue and leave, and slap tf out of everyone in there, and not watch people pick up the orbs that release people locked away, and watch some moron throw them at the bosses and say “yo, why’s this not killing then bro”

I also don’t wanna spend my time running EGC. I just wanna do my f***ing feats, and be on my way. Not having to beg for hours for help. To KO some ***** boss that I used to KO in a few hits.

There is no argument for clamping. Except the one created on this forum, by the people who simply want to create a drama in “yet another clamp thread” here’s a f***ing thought! IF THERE ARE SO MANY - MAYBE IT’S PEOPLE TRYINV TO SHOW THEIR UNHAPPINESS. If you’ve (not you personally) seein it all before. Read it… then disagree quietly, and f*** off to some other thread you’re interested in.

And there are still many feats over time, or… you could reset them and do them again there and then. But not whilst clamped. If able to solo again. I can just get on with my grind. It’s honestly all I want. And I do grind. Daily! I’ve never had an issue. I’ll even kick ppl from the seasonal events for coming in and doing a little dmg, then going and thinking they can just watch others do the grafting. I’ll ask the others to wipe, in-order to kick the clown. I’m in way lazy by any stretch. I’ll grind all day for what I want. But the clamp put a massive obstacle infront of that ability.
    • Like x 2
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well running with morons is also my biggest issue with the clamp/omni, and I'd like to see it go from that aspect (or become optional...for that who DO want it), but I also want the ability to run short a few people, clamped or not. Maybe even more than the clamp's removal, but at least as much as that.

I guess good luck in getting it removed, I gave up on that. At least you've presented a calm even keeled argument and not resorted to just basically cussing and yelling 'because I want it' in here.... For the OW at least, I've got my issues resolved, I'll save my ire for those pesky raid runs. You handle the open world....it's likely they will SOON remove the clamp...right?
  4. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]

LOL, which one would you like me to solo for you sweetheart?
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Just a little bit of useless information: EverQuest 2 has always had a clamp.... But it was OPTIONAL... And there was never a problem when I played for years. You could still finish your missions unclamped and at full power, you just wouldn't get loot unless you either self-clamped or "mentored" down to another player within 10 levels of the enemy level. Mentoring not only clamped you down to that players exact level, but also granted them a 10% xp boost for being mentored.
    • Like x 2
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Nothing strange about that. People complain all day every day about something. With this game the complaint du jour is the stat clamp. And the arguments are the same. Not once has anyone given a valid technical reason why the clamp needs to go. It's either about their feelings, or because there aren't enough people running certain content...which btw is both a population issue and motivation issue, the clamp works.

Now when people have given valid reasons to make adjustments, the Devs have responded by making adjustments. Funny how that works.

Speaking of funny, it gives me quite a chuckle to see everyone blame population issues on the clamp. This game has had population issues for years now, and always goes through periods where we see a serious dip in player numbers. Usually around Spring & Summer. But nah...let's just blame it all on the Clamp...even though the EU has been consistently running "the game is dead/Open World is Dead" threads for years prior to the barely a year old stat clamp. I can still remember that prior to the clamp, the excuse was that the Stats Revamp from 2016/2017 was to blame.
    • Like x 2
  7. The Game Well-Known Player

I can tell you are full of it. Unless you are a battle tank, you are not soloing ****.
  8. Wallachia Devoted Player

Dammit, I lost.
  9. Plowed In Loyal Player

Did you bother following Kimone’s link?
    • Like x 3
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I am a battle tank, notwithstanding you can do it with any power.

You do know all powers have shields, all powers have a support role, all powers can spec into dominance and resto to strengthen shields, healers can heal, all players can make a survival battle build regardless of power.

So despite the fact, you think you're being smart, you're clearly really not...

So with that being said, again, which bounty would you like me to solo for you?
    • Like x 2
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

"Whichever one will teach you respect for Zod."
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. The Game Well-Known Player

This is all I read. Case Closed.
  13. CantLoginWithPS Active Player

There's a full playlist that goes as far back as JLD and Atlantis, no tank in any of the videos.

Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7xzReVpCGI&list=PL7tRM4k_9uFAadHE7kfAdZ0Y4W0WtJusl&ab_channel=MinoltaDCUO
  14. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Honestly, if the world is a ghost town, how come I didn't even have time to get a glass of water yesterday queueing in Omnibus yesterday. Literally, by the time I clicked ready, walked around the corner of a one bedroom apartment into the kitchen by the time I turned on the tap it popped., Every time.
  15. The Game Well-Known Player

Did you misread? He's not talking about the queues lol.
  16. CantLoginWithPS Active Player

Calculator Bot or Black Manta, using green/yellow lantern power.
    • Like x 1
  17. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Aack! I did! I've become so used to Omnibus stat clamp threads.

I don't mind the stat clamp in open worlds, but I do wish they did something to encourage people to go to these worlds. I'm sitting on a couple of bounties but every time I go to the map the population is in single digits. Then I go to Patchwork Themyscyra and the map is packed.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

To be fair, in addition to not talking about queues, he's in EU, so those even might be worse over there. Still doesn't change the fact that going to each area to shout in hopes someone is there at the exact same moment wanting to do the exact same thing as you is probably not the best way to get it done...maybe more so in a low pop situation.
  19. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Yeah I flew off the handle and corrected myself a couple of posts later, I, as the kids would say, flew off the handle.
  20. KidKretz Committed Player

trenchmother plz...show me the way!!!
    • Like x 2