Stat clamp question? Why worlds?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AJPro, Jun 3, 2022.

1. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

i agree with the first part of that, the second eh no i cant agree with. One simple reason, its easier to get help if theres a dozen people around then say 3 or 4, and i say that because (and yes this is strictly anecdotal) prior to clamp open worlds (most of them anyway) boasted dozen or better players in phase often with a 2nd phase open, whereas now its one phase and at most 5 ppl. Now yes as i said thats not based on any hard numbers or anything outside of observation, but i think we can all agree that there has been a decrease in population in open worlds.
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There's less people to find in open world now because the whole damn game has been opened to people, but the population (despite its modest growth) has not grown sufficiently to accommodate the vastness of content now available.
    • Like x 3
  3. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

thats likely to contribute to this sure, but i think the answer is more simplistic, like people dont want to run clamped for loot locks, but both are likely accurate.
    • Like x 3
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Meh, I'm as anti clamping as they come and even I don't believe this is a valid argument. There are many groups who do OW bounty runs on a weekly basis. There are many groups who will spam an OW bounty for the feat counts. AND you can still solo (in way under 20 min) if you have a good 'battle' build save a few exceptions. And the adds are almost nothing. If you struggle with adds in OW...please don't blame it on the clamp because it diminishes the more valid reasons it is bad. I'd guess that same person struggling with OW Adds in EEG, struggles with OW adds in the last 3 dlcs....so not the clamp in that case.

Out of any of the reasons to remove the clamp...OW is the least of them.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

What Proxy Said.

Soloing Bounties isn't really "easier" now (except in some very specific cases) and in some (again, very) specific cases is actually far harder than it was before - but unless you're tryna solo Calculator, Doctor Light, Subject Doomsday, or Superman?

You'll be fine. A lot of those solos are with an end-game Fire Tank or Mental Survival Troll build; but a lot of them are also with things like The 200 SP Quantum Villian Time Forgot and an entry-grader Atomic Tank with +/- 100 SP.

If THEY can do it? YOU can do it.
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

I disagree, we are here to voice our opinions. Even if we don't agree with it.
    • Like x 1
  7. ¬Eternal Level 30

The amount of people complaining and moaning about the clamp is ridiculous... There is nothing wrong with it and there's nothing too difficult...seems like all the CR skips and power leveled characters are the only ones struggling...not matter what level your artifacts are if you don't have the SP then Rip..
  8. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

You are right. Please overlook my stupidity. I shall refrain from further comment on certain subjects.
  9. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

This is why they don’t put out a MOTD every so often, asking for honest thoughts from the player-base. They know there’d be an overwhelmingly vote to remove the clamp. No! Instead - they rely on the voice of an incredibly small % of the forum live-in folk, wuite a few of whom have even admitted - they don’t even play the game anymore

Personally - I’m a returning player, and have A LOT of open world multiple runs to do on bosses, and then many older feats in content. But because those who’ve done all that, don’t wish to run that stuff again - you’re left pugging (with very new players, who think New genesis is bugged EVEN AFTER YOU explain the entire first boss in great detail too them) leagues and friends lists are devoid of people) but no! You just need to “get good bro” and go solo all that stuff.

I’m gonna show how empty open world is. I can’t wait for the responses! Bear in mind… this will be the EU side.
  10. The Game Well-Known Player

this is false.

And the OP, its cause crybabies wanted this. And it seems like they returned. Stat clamping was a bad idea.
  11. Trevman24 Level 30

The bounties in Metropolis, Gotham and even the Lightning Strikes version of Central City are the only ones that can be soloed. I’m sure of the other can be soloed, but I wouldn’t recommend it.
  12. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

No, I was wrong to interject into the conversation. I should have remained silent and I apologize to all.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The comment was more against the OP's complaint on OW difficulty. I just replied to you as it was the last in the chain at the time and I was voicing an opinion for those of us who are still anti-clamp...BUT realize OW isn't that bad. Your suggestion that he should avoid OW areas is perfectly fine. Honestly, avoiding the content you don't like is the BEST way to voice your opinion. Just like if we don't like the way TCs/BBs work, we should NOT buy them vs spend a ton of money then come here to complain that we were ripped off.

But it's not a matter of people not wanting the clamp removed....I'd be fine with that too. I'm just not holding my breath.

And I don't think anyone called you stupid. Try not to take a differing opinion so personally...mine at least wasn't.
    • Like x 2
  14. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

LOOOOOOOOL! I made a video showing every dlc via the urgent waterfronts. I went into all open-worlds, and the video can’t be shown due to some copyright crap. So… let me break it down in numbers. Just incase I can’t show the videos.

Starting Gotham OW. Ppl on: 63/150 pve phase 1. Phase two pvp: 4/150
    Metropolis OW: PVE phase. 95/200. Pvp: 1/200

Urgent waterfronts: (when I say zero ppl, that means only I’m there. In all phases)
    Wirn-torn village: Phase 1: ZERO ppl 1/25
    Typhon’s monster invasion: phase 1: ZERO ppl 1/35
    Titans island: phase 1: ZERO ppl 1/40
    Time-torn Area 51: phase 1 ZERO ppl 1/25
    Themyscira command post: phase 1: ZERO ppl 1/24
    Thanagar: phase 1: ZERO ppl. 1/30
    Patchwork themyscira: phase 1: 6/45 (that would be 5 ppl. Me being the 6th) PC players too. How very shocking! Ya!
    New genesis: phase 1: ZERO ppl. 1/32
    Mogo command centre: phase 1: ZERO ppl. 1/24 (used portal to goto downtown met battlezone. ZERO ppl phase 1: 1/70
    Metal Gotham city: phase 2 2/50. (That would be me and one afk) phase 2 had 1, then they left immediately.
    Gotham wastelands: phase 1: 12/24 (anyone with a brain knows why ppl are in there)
    Gotham under siege: phase 1: 3/70 (again! That’s me and two others) then one left immediately. Leaving me and one lonely PC players. Seems there’s a theme here.
    Flashpoint Gotham city: phase 1: 8/40
    Earth 3 Gotham: phase 1: 2/30 (that would be me and yet another PC player) no way! Now… why would a solo pc player be in content ALL ALONE?
    Doomed W.D.C: (just the last dlc past) phase 1: 10/50 (9 ppl excluding me. With one girl very frustratingly asking “OMG! WHY IS NO-ONE helping me?”)
    Doomed metropolis: phase 1: ZERO ppl. 1/40
    Death metal Washington DC. Phase 1: 23/50 phase 2: pvp: 1/50. Phase 3: 24/50. Phase 4: 23/50 phase 5: 22/50
    Chaos Gotham: phase 1 3/50. (Again! That’s me and 2 other ppl)
    Central city, DLC2: phase 1 4/25
    Central city starro deluge zone: phase 1: ZERO ppl. 1/50
    BoP metropolis: phase 2: ZERO ppl. 1/40
    Atlantis: phase 1: 3/40
    Amusement Mile’s gang war: phase 1: 2/50 (me and one other)
    31st century new earth: phase 1: 2/40. A lovely lady toon who seemed very surprised when I turned up as she was solo’ing a boss (alone, in an awful hurry) was even in more of a hurry to leave the boss upon seeing me. Hmm!)
    And that was it for the Urgent waterfronts. You can see by the numbers - that DC’s clamp has players out in droves doing open world content (video recorded at 1:15pm. 5/6/22 - ended 1:56pm. 5/6/22.

Then there was the WT. phase 1: 22/250
    House of legends: phase 2/84/150. Phase 1: 84/150.

People aren’t out running content. BEGGING for help in LFG and trying to put groups together. People don’t want to run old content! So… you open it up for people, and you allow them to go in and solo it. It’s OLD UNUSED CONTENT! As clearly shown. (Sorry! Unused for its intended purposes) for all the “pro clampers” I can’t fathom what your thought processes are tbh. If you people wish to run older content with endgame toons, and be restricted. Fantastic! All the power in the world too youse.

There are MANY more, who don’t want it. And it makes playing the game, long, drawn-out, boring, frustrating (when trying to explain things to people who don’t speak or read the same language) the U.S. speaks many languages. But…predominantly English and Hispanic. The EU is a mixture of MANY French, Germans, English, Spanish, amongst others. Pugging isn’t the same here. Neither is trying to find f***ing groups for OLD content.

You neigh-sayers in these forums, are a very, VERY small minority. In the game as a collective whole. MANY don’t use the forums. Many don’t even know dc has a forum. You are very entitled to your opinions. (As are all) but you don’t not speak for the majority. Only a mass poll will do that.

P.s. if many of you didn’t live on these forums - you wouldn’t have to “endure” (yet somehow seem to wonder in with something to moan about) ANOTHER clamp thread. This is just a thought! But maybe… some of you need some vitamin D. A brisk walk may help with that.
    • Like x 2
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So is this an anti-clamp post....or a 'Merge the servers' post? Cause without even going in right now, I can tell you we'd have more than 5 phases in Death Metal Washington, and I'd wager more than 1 phase in Doomed DC. Unless your sampling was done at the absolute WORST time of day over there, it sounds like your issue is low pop...not the clamp. Differing languages can't help either, but again...I don't think that's a result of the clamp.
    • Like x 2
  16. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

Times were given. If you try and tell me that between 1-2pm are “off-peak times” I’m gonna call a huge whopping dump of bullshīt on that. I go into content daily to do things. And it’s the exact same!! EVERY SINGLE DAY! Then! When you’re forced to omni or LFG, or pug, you’re met with players who know no better, they don’t stay long enough to be taught. And groups disband. Please don’t try and tell me about the U.S. gaming experience, compared to the EU. It’s not even remotely close.

And again! If the few of you who drag through the halls of this forum 24/7 (not saying you personally) want to play old content, and have your stats clamped - that’s fantastic! But I can 100% guarantee… that most don’t want it.

The players want to run content for both feats, and something else to do, to break the monotony. Not for the challenge. It’s not a challenge! It’s a frustration A needless, unwanted one at it.
    It doesn’t help new players learn shīt! It discourages players attempting feats over and over again if they fail. As stated - most ppl don’t want to play older content. The ones who has large sp pools, they certainly don’t! So… you’re left with upcoming players, who know nothing. They frantically twirl on the spot whilst ppl are explaining things. Then leave. Then others leave and so on. This goes on every single day! Because the complaint encourages getting to endgame ASAP. A few crappy gifts to begin with, followed by a “subtle” why not try a CR skip? You’ll be big and strong like the op players you see.
    Then those poor, deluded ppl realise how the f***ed up! They try and run older content, and get slaughtered. Thusly… affecting the raid, alert, event etc for all.
    But placing that aside. I need to run many crap feats in open world, that I could’ve done in the past alone. (Most of you remeber those days, right? Many of you gained hundreds of sp during them) now! Suddenly have a newly found affinity for the “integrity of the game” and its mechanics) strange that! I would like (seeing as I’m unable to run openworld content) to be able to run said content. I’ve reached the max in that this game has to offer. Besides sp.
    I would like to be able to walk into content via a portal, and plough through it, with as much breakneck speed, as the MP takes the cash you offer. If others don’t want that - Here’s the thing… they simply don’t have too. It really is that genuinely simple. They didn’t mind doing it for their sp. Why mind now?
    I’ve already done all the crap I need to do on old accounts. I can do it np! If I could get in, or some clown didn’t f**k it up by touching the shiny things. Ooo, shiny! Must activate or lift.

Either way… I’ve made my point! EU openworld is dead. Has been since I came back 2 months ago. And I’m sure for a few years before that. Ppl need access to content that they pay for, if they can’t complete it due to the developers, then the developers need to fix it. PPL PAY TO PLAY AND ENJOY! Not to play and rage quit.
    • Like x 1
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

On Xbox, all of them empty except Death Metal phase in which is rarely more than 2 phases unless it's Thursday.
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Also I'd like to mention and point out that I've seen a bajillion anti-clamp posts on the FB groups, but never see anyone ever defending it. Ever. Perhaps because FB is more personal? Idk. No1 seems to defend it in-game either (on Xbox). Just seems to be a DCUO forums thing. Strange indeed.
    • Like x 2
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not sure where in your post you said 1-2PM, but ok....I'm not from EU and have no idea when off-peak time is there. Hence the 'unless' part of my post....See I don't know, so I left it as a caveat. If it was not at off peak times...ok, that further re-enforces my question...is your post about the population or the clamp?

And no...I don't enjoy being clamped (I believe I've made my fair share of posts against it), but personally I don't have a huge issue getting a few bodies to run a bounty run (all T5-T6 for loots)...or I'll solo a OW boss if I'm feeling froggy. What I don't do is go from zone to zone on toons I can't solo bosses on (or don't want to put in the effort) and just magically expect 7 other people to be standing around waiting for me to arrive, cause most times they are not, even over here. Build a group (you only need 2 or 3) and do the rotation or spam you need. Yeah...yeah...language barrier to group making, got it. Again, is that population or clamp that causes that?

You also keep referring to 'openworld content'...meaning all OW content...as though the dailies are tough. Sorry....but the dailies are not tough, no tougher than endgame dailies. Bounties, sure...but if the Atlantis or Chaos Gotham adds are kicking your butt, you should rethink your load out.

And just to be clear....I'm all for the removal of the clamp...or an on/off option for those that really want it. Just I want it so I don't need to be stuck in hour long, 10 min raids with clowns that don't know the difference between a 'role' and 'rolling' a doobie. People that can't follow instructions so simple they can repeatedly wipe from the same attack 3, 4 or more times in a row still wondering what's happening. I don't personally find the 'chore' of grabbing 1 or 2 other people (or switching to my 'battle' build) and playing 'smash boss' in the OW is the biggest issue the clamp presents.

But again...I don't live in EU and I speak/type in the most common language in my servers, so maybe THAT problem is what really has you up in arms. Not sure if you have the option, but maybe play on the US servers?

BTW...I'm not sure how many feats are in OW bounty counts, but I'd wager it's not 100s. Maybe 10s...or 20s. Being a bit over dramatic on that...no?
    • Like x 2
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And again...I'd ask is that a comment on the population or the clamp? From what I know of EU or Xbox, both suffered from low populations even before the clamp went in. OP is making it like the clamp cleared the areas....I'd guess they were clear beforehand. And NOW there is the option of getting a few bodies for a bounty rotation at least, if people are doing it for the loot. Previously loot was not a draw....as there was none given.
    • Like x 2